Find numerous Pulmonologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Pulmonologists with more than 43 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Pulmonologists online in Pune. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Sleep Disturbance
Asthma Management Program
Management of Smoking Cessation
Oxygen Therapy Treatment
Obstructive Sleep Apnea Treatment
Asthma Treatment & Management
Lower/Upper Respiratory Tract Infection Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Tushar SahastrabuddheYour feedback matters!
I am 21 years old and I have been suffering from asthma from last 3 years I have been using many medicine to get rid of that can you please tell me anything regarding this problem. How can I get cured from this.
I'm 20 year old male. I've sinus problem from last 5 years.I have taken homeopathic medicine,instead no advantage,what should i do?
I am taking ROTAHALER-CIPLA. SIN 10 times in a month. Please guide me is there any side effect will come if I use this medicine continuously. Actually I have a nose allergy and breathing problem.
I have a severe headache after two months I got to know that I am suffering from sinus. So to resolve this which treatment or medicine I should take??
Sir, I had my CT scan done of the PNS coronal. The report showed the following problems: Nasal Septum: Deviated to right Osteomeatal complex: Pneumatization of vertical lamella of both middle turbinates Sinuses: Patchy mucosal hypertrophy in ethmoid sinuses Sir, I was facing problem of cough and has consulted a ENT doctor who recommended CT scan. I shall be unable to meet him for few days from now and I am really scared from what this report of mine has to say. I am unable to understand any term of it. You are kindly requested to tell me what does it mean and is it some serious problem.
I am having sinus problem. What should I do to overcome it. Can you suggest some medicines? Every morning my nose start running. What can I do for that?
I am 30 years old working mother, coughing from 1 week. Coughing with less phelgum. please suggest some medicine. Exaverates in the night and evening.
Before understanding treatment of any of the diseases, it is important to understand the disease. Ayurveda recommends knowledge. For Ayurveda treatment for Asthma, let’s understand the disease first.
- The levels of pollution are increased all around the world. We are breathing “bad” inside. Above this we ourselves inhaling a lot of bad things- do we need to discuss that! This is increasing the problems with the “lung-health”. Asthma was not that common like these days it is. It comes in attacks and leaves the body- drained and drenched, with no power of doing something, weak and febrile.
- It is clear from conventional system of medicines that there is nothing like proper treatment with them. They just have some bronchodilators, which can open the “squeezed” bronchial tree for a while and after that the same tree constrict with more power and leaves the effect of medicines reduced.
- If we talk about lungs, these are spongy structures with a lot of “ducts” inside. These ducts are interconnected with many of the small ducts and then to smaller ones. We inhale air and this air should reach to the last corner of the lungs so that oxygen can be absorbed and carbon-dioxide can be exhaled. This is a process of life. This is the oxygen which gives energy to us, a main fuel for the life. If body doesn’t get this fuel for few minutes the “survival” will be questioned and it becomes an emergency. It is same to strangulation, if somebody is strangulated!
- In asthma, the ducts start constricting and overproduction of the mucus (which is otherwise a healthy thing to moist the air and to avoid the dryness), it starts blocking the passage of air and there is no supply of the oxygen to the body and it is an emergency. We keep it in mind while planning for Ayurveda treatment for Asthma.
Ayurveda About Asthma
Patient starts showing signs of “Air -Hunger” ( Breathing with all efforts, were patient tries to inhale maximum volume of the air) and body starts giving up in this all effort, there will be episodes/attacks of cough and once the phlegm is out then only body starts feeling better.
विदाहिगुरुविष्टम्भिरुक्षभिश्यंदीभोजनै: ! शीतापानाशंस्ननराजोधूमातापनिलै: !!
व्यायामकर्मभाराध्यवेगाघातापतर्णपै: !! हिक्का श्वासश्च कासश्च नराम समुपजायते !!
These are some of the causative factors of the Asthma as per Ayurved. These are translated- taking wrong food stuff, eating so much cold food, carrying heavy weights etc. These all cause Asthma.
Ayurveda treatment for Asthma
When it comes to the treatment it is very well documented by Ayurveda that we should do the treatment in a different pattern, and here it is-
स्नेह बस्तिमृते केचिदूर्ध्व चाधश्च शोधनम ! मृदु प्रणयातं श्रेष्ठम श्वासदिनमादिशन्ति हि !!
So the first thing to do with Asthma is to get rid of the Doshas from both above and below routes (Vamana and Virechana) this is the first line of treatment. Medicines are secondary. So the first and foremost treatment of a patient is to clear all his srotas-channels and to ensure that there are no occlusions in the respiratory tract at all. Once the passage is clear, the next step is to make sure that the production of the toxins will be reduced so that there won’t be any further problems with the body.
At Sukhayu Ayurved while providing Ayurveda treatment for Asthma. We follow this line of treatment from Ayurved as it is. We have some marvelous results in treating the Asthma patients.
Panchakarma is the choice of treatment but in kids of younger age, or elderly patients we go with medicines alone and we believe to follow the text of Ayurveda in that too. All the medicines we use are according to the parameters and orders of Ayurvedic text only.
If Panchakarma will be required for the treatment, you might need to stay with us for 15-20 days otherwise a patient can leave on the same day after taking the medicines. Please make a prior appointment before you schedule to come to us. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an Ayurveda.
Is moderately sever obstructive airway disease with significant significant bronchodilator reversibility dangerous? What happens in these conditions, Should I be worried? What are the remedies? Regards.
I was suffering from tb and I am under medication since five year but I am having problem in walking my left leg and hand does not function properly I have problem in walking and even holding any thing with left hand even I have problem holding a glass of water with my left hand but right hand and leg works perfectly fine I do most of the thing with my right hand Please suggest me the best treatment so that my left side function normal.
Tuberculosis is a highly infectious and potentially fatal disease which primarily affects the lungs. It is highly contagious and can infect other people via the tiny water droplets released by an infected person while coughing or sneezing. Some strains of this disease have the potential to resist drugs, which are commonly used to cure tuberculosis.
Read more to find all about the different causes, symptoms, preventive measures and the treatment of tuberculosis:
- Symptoms: Tuberculosis, also known as TB, can be both latent and active. In latent condition TB is not contagious and it does not harm the infected person. But latent TB can change to an active form so treating it in its latent condition is highly advisable. Active TB can be diagnosed due to the prevalence of certain symptoms such as a cough, which lasts for more than 3 weeks, coughing up of blood, unintentional weight loss, chills, chest pain, loss of appetite and fever. Tuberculosis mainly affects the lungs, but can also affect your kidneys, brain and spinal cord.
- Causes: Tuberculosis in general is caused by infection. It spreads from person to person by ultra-small droplets, which an infected person releases while coughing or sneezing. Tuberculosis is highly contagious but it is not very easy to catch TB as the immune system of your body fights it off. Also if a patient of TB is under treatment, the person 's disease is no more contagious.
- Risk factors: Potentially everyone can be infected with TB but certain factors increase the chances of infection such as a weakened immune system, living in or travelling to certain areas and substance abuse. TB can also cause complications such as spinal and joint damage, liver or kidney problems and heart disorders.
- Treatment: Administering medical drugs is the most convenient way of treating TB. But TB is more persistent than normal bacterial infections and utmost care and caution must be taken to treat it. Completion of treatment is highly essential to fully cure TB. Some of the side effects of TB medication include loss of appetite, nausea or vomiting, dark urine and jaundice.