Lybrate.com has top trusted Gynaecologists from across India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 38 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Pune and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Tushar DorageYour feedback matters!
When you're exposed to the cold, the first line of defense is to wear loose-fitting and dry clothing (wet clothing makes it difficult to maintain a normal body temperature). Dress in layers. If you work in the cold, or exercise outside, wear clothing made of polypropylene, which will wick perspiration away from the skin and keep your body dry. Also, wear a hat and scarf. It's true that 40 to 50 percent of our body heat can be lost from the surface of the head and neck. And no, it doesn't matter if you have a thick head of hair. You still need protection.
Here are some other ways to protect yourself from winter's cold shoulder:
Protect your hands and feet. Wear mittens when possible because your fingers can share warmth (regular gloves are good, but mittens have the edge.) wear socks that will keep your feet dry and warm. Some people wear a light liner sock made of a material that wicks away moisture next to the foot and then put a natural fiber sock over it. Try to wear the higher cut socks, not the low risers.
Protect your lips. Use lip balm to keep your lips from drying out from the cold and windy weather.
Avoid dehydration. As long as fluids are not restricted by your physician, drink plenty of water to stay well hydrated.
Dress properly. Wear outer clothing that shields the wind and sun from your skin. Cold and windy air causes a wind-chill effect that is much colder and more dangerous than the outside air temperature.
Avoid alcohol. Alcohol causes your body to lose heat, in addition to contributing to dehydration.
Be prepared. When traveling by car, keep extra socks, blankets, water and snacks on hand in case a mechanical problem, storm or empty gas tank leaves you stranded.
Inquire about your meds. Ask your physician or pharmacist if any of the medications you take can make you more susceptible to a cold-weather illness.
Protect your children. Instruct the kids to come inside when they feel cold, or if their clothes get wet.
Play it safe. Because they pose a strangulation risk, it's best not to wrap children in scarves. Instead, use a neck" gaiter, which stays in place and keeps your child warm without risk.
Eat light. A snack before going out in the cold is better than a heavy meal, which requires a large blood flow to the gastrointestinal system to aid in digestion. The digestive process may prevent warm blood from circulating to your fingers and toes. Save the heavier meal for when you are safely back inside.
Now that you are an expert in cold-weather safety, perhaps you can help jack frost from nipping at his own nose!
Is it safe to have sex without protection during the safe days of her cycle? It does not cause pregnancy? Please explain in detail. P. S: by safe days I mean the first 7 and last 7 days of her cycle. Can protection/contraceptives be avoided?
Hello, I have been prescribed inj. DEXAMETHASONE 6 mg in 12 hrs for 4 doses. I am 34 weeks pregnant. Needed to know why are these prescribed. My s/d ratio are as follow Umbilical artery 3 to 3.3 MCA 8.41. I know it is for lung maturity. But does this mean pre term delivery?
Hello doc. Im 27 female. I had dnc abortion this month from which month I should start try for conceiving.
My rubella igg is positive I am 7 month pregnant and igm is negative my pregnancy is at risk or not. Igg effect pregnancy or igm.
Dear Sir/ Ma'm, I am having a baby boy of 2 years and he is still use to take breastfeeding. Please let me know how it harmful to mother & for child? Also suggest prescription for the same?
I smoke daily. Does smoking prevent my pregnancy? Does I need to quit smoking in order to get pregnant?
My boyfriend doesn't show sexual interest in me often. I can seduce him and still get no response. We could go two weeks without being intimate and he wouldn't say he misses me. What could be the problem? It makes me feel unattractive and unwanted. I get excited when other men give me attention or get interested in me because he does not. I love him and I wouldn't want to cheat. Please help.
What should we do if amniotic fluid level is 2.5 mm, and due date for delivery is 31.11.16. She feels no labor pain yet.
My friend is married and having menstruation problem. She isn't getting menses from last 2 months. Her sonography reports showed distended urinary bladder, uterus having endometrial thickness 8.9. No evidence of ovarian or adnexal masses. Minimal free fluid in pelvis. Can you please tell me the reasons and treatment for the same.
Hi, I was taking contraception tablets and I have stopped that after that I got periods and bleeding went for 15 days. Doctor suggested to take sysron and tablet for 30 days and take 2 tablet per day for 5 days and 25 day each. Now when will I get periods and will I get pregnant soon.
I am 37 years old and have two daughters of 9 years and 2 years old. After breast feeding, my breasts became very loose and a lot of fat in tummy area. Could you please suggest any cream or medication for both? thank you.
Hi, I am 26 years old I am married and want to conceive, from past 4 months I am under a gynae treatment for polycystic ovaries.(med- glyciphage sr500 and pco care forte, folinze. And also I have reduced 2.5 kg weight from my actual weight 72 kg, height is 5.5 feet. Kindly let me know soon how I can get pregnant? please advise.
I am getting blood in pee. Why I am facing this problem. I am scared about my condition. This issue any symptoms for disease. Suggest me to cure. Thank you.
The cancer of the ovaries is known as ovarian cancer. In women there are two ovaries present on each side of the uterus. These ovaries are as big as an almond in size and produce egg also known as ova. They also secrete the hormones progesterone and estrogen.
Ovarian cancer goes undetected until it spreads to the abdomen and pelvis. When detected at this stage then it might be fatal and the treatment gets difficult. An early stage ovarian cancer where the cancer is restricted in the ovaries is much easier to treat with high success rates.
Risk Factors of Ovarian Cancer :
- Age - With increasing age the risk of ovarian cancer is higher and is more common in women who are 60 and above. It is less common in women below 40 years of age and develops often after menopause.Obesity Women who have a body mass index of 30 are at a risk of developing ovarian cancer.
- History of Reproduction - It is believed that women who conceive before 26 and carry the full term have a lower risk of ovarian cancer. However, the risk is higher in those women who get pregnant after 35 or who do not have a full term pregnancy. Also, breastfeeding the baby lowers the risk.
- Gene Mutation - Inherited gene mutation causes some percentage of ovarian cancer. These genes are called breast cancer genes 1 and 2 (BRCA1 and BRCA2). These were initially found in cases with breast cancer but also pose great risk for ovarian cancer. Also, gene mutation leading to Lynch syndrome plays an important role in increasing the risk of ovarian cancer.
- Family History - If a woman's mother, sister or daughter is suffering from ovarian cancer then she is at a higher risk of developing the same. The risk also increases if someone from the father&amp;#x2019;s side also has ovarian cancer.
- Fertility Drugs - Drugs like clomiphene citrate, if used for more than a year can increase the risk of the cancer. The risk is even higher if a woman taking the drug does not get pregnant.
- Hormone Therapy and Estrogen Therapy - Long term use and large doses of estrogen can cause an increased risk. However, if estrogen is used in combination with progesterone then the risk is less.
- Age of menstruation and menopause - If menstruation starts before 12 and menopause occurs before 52 then there is a higher risk of getting the cancer.
- Diet - A low fat vegetarian diet has less risk of the disease. Fresh fruit and vegetables should be included in diet along with pulses, rice, pasta, beans, cereals and breads.
Is there any perfect time for sex if couples are planning to have a baby? When is a woman most likely to get pregnant how can we calculate because I heard its according to the cycle of menstrual cycle.
I had sex 28 days ago, on the last day of my previous period. He ejaculated on my vaginal entrance. The problem is that, although I had my next period. It wasn't that much that I have normally (and it wasn't a spotting too) Am I by any chance pregnant?
I had sex on 2 days before my regular periods is there any chance of pregnancy. If I am pregnant how can I Abort it can you suggest me some tablets without any side effects.
Did you know that regular sex intensifies your immunity power from various allergens and viruses, relieves you from daily stress and anxiety, and even aids in protecting the health of a man's prostate gland by pouring out the fluids within it. Regular intercourse also helps in releasing of chemicals, which improve mood as well as ease pain. May be no one told this to you, and so you have never known it. But every person can and must have intercourse until the old age! Though menopause in older women does influence the sexual drive, there is no reason why a healthy man or a woman cannot savour sexual pleasure at any point in life. Yes, the intensity and nature of the intercourse may change, but the pleasure and love will never be less.
In case your sex drive has reduced, you have plenty of reasons to bounce it back and spice up your life with a few easy tips:
- Have regular sex: This is the foremost thing that you must keep in mind. It will aid in keeping your sex drive in top gear by spiking up testosterone production, which is the hormone primarily in charge of libido in both men and women.
- Try to get rid of smoking: In case you are a chain smoker, it is advised that you pay a visit to your doctor and ask for a nicotine patch. If you ask why, it is because there is scientific evidence that smoking can clog the blood vessels in the male genitals, the way it blocks the arteries of the heart.
- Make a list of all the medicines you administer: Did you know that over 200 medicines may cause erectile dysfunction and other sexual troubles like reduced sex drive? This list includes regular medications like those used to treat high blood sugar, blood pressure, heart problems, depression and even stomach problems. So make a list of all your medicines and consult your physician to know if any of them are causing a reduction in your sexual drive. Of course, you will not be able to stop taking the medicine your body needs, but at least you can ask your doctor to change the brand or composition or dose of the medication.
- For women: Practice kegel workout: In case you have forgotten what kegel exercise is, then these are the squeezing workouts that your physician asked you to practice regularly because you faced some trouble with leaking urine. May be you are not aware that these exercises are very good for strengthening your pubococcygeus muscles, which are needed for orgasm. So practice them every day for twenty minutes.
There are many other ways to improve your sex life, and it varies from individual to individual. While consuming pesto and supplements of ginkgo biloba are great for men, there are various forms of lovemaking; be it staring at your partner or touching him or her sensuously. You must consult a sexologist to know about better ways of enhancing your conjugal life.