Lybrate.com has top trusted Gynaecologists from across India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 25 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Pune and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Thomas Madam
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Thomas MadamYour feedback matters!
- Vata diseases.
- Dryness of the body.
- Neuro muscular & skeletal diseases.
- Preparation for detoxification therapy (Vaman and virechana). Oleation (snehana) – Internal is carried out as singular therapeutic measure for many diseases but in majority of the cases it is done as preparatory treatment for shodhana therapy (Vaman and virechana)
Oleation (Snehana) – Internal is carried out mainly with the help of medicated ghee selected accordingly to the disease & dosha condition in gradually increasing doses after assessing the agni. At times combination of various other material like oil, ghee, vasa, majja or their combinations are used. There are two methods for internal oleation:
- Acchha sneha. Where a sneha drug (Ghee or other) is directly ingested without any addition except a pinch of saindhava.
- Vicharana sneha. In this case the sneha is mixed with some or other food & eaten or it is taken by some other route than oral route
Before The oleation (snehana) – internal has to be taken on empty stomach if it is to be used for shodhana therapy. The patient should have taken his last food atleast 10 hrs prior to snehapan. After Patient is advised to have only warm water after snehapan (normaly ghee). If other material is used for snehana then accordingly various soups are to be used. Patient is not supposed to have anything except hot water until he still has the smell of the ghee in his eructation. Food should be consumed only when patients feel hungry. Heavy, very spicy & junk food must be avoided during the course of the treatment.
- Oleates the body.
- Moisturizes the entire body from within outside.
- Improves the elasticity of the body.
- Increases the mobility of the all the systems.
- Alleviates the vata.
- Reduces the pains, aches from the muscle & adjoining skeletal system.
- Dislodges the toxins of the body & helps in bringing to the GI tract.
The oleation (snehana) – Internal should not be carried out without consultation. Should not be used in the patient with intolerance without testing. The doses has to be increased gradually.
Hi, I am Dr Seema Sehgal. From last 20 years, I am in private practice. I am practising Ops, Gynae, Infertility and Laparoscopic surgery. I am attached to MKW Hospital and It is my baby IVF Centre. I am a director and head of this Unit. My area of interest is Fertility and Laparoscopic surgery. Basically, I love delivering the patients. So today I am going to tell you that how to plan a pregnancy.
First of all, whenever a couple plans for pregnancy, my advice is to go for a proper checkup, routine investigations, start some yoga and exercises, walk, mental relaxation, proper diet, proper sleep and pray well.
So whenever a couple decides, they should start on taking proper folic acid, calcium tablets, vitamin B3, so that they can have a healthy pregnancy.
If they are not able to conceive within 1 year, then they definitely should consult a Fertility specialist. I highly recommend for the role of Laparoscopic and Hysteroscopic surgeries in infertility treatments. As the couples which are not able to conceive after frequent trials, then they should definitely go for Laparoscopic and Hysteroscopic surgeries. As an advantage is that it gives a complete picture of female organs regarding their uterus, ovaries, tubes etc status. And it also helps in conception, so I highly recommend Laparoscopic and Hysteroscopic surgeries.
Sometimes they have a problem like PCOD or tube blockage that can be corrected with the help of these surgeries.
If you have any queries regarding Infertility, Laparoscopic and Hysteroscopic surgery, you can contact me on Lybrate as I am available at this network
So you can put any query, I am 24* 7 available on Lybrate.
Thank you very much.
In august my period was on 18.in september on15.in october on23. Had sex on november 11, had ipill within 2 hrs. On 18november I got a brown discharge which turned on to red after one day and it continued for 5 days (my period lasts for 5 day. I missed my period in december. I did pregnancy test with 2 strips on january 2 both showed up negative results. Till now my periods is delayed. Is there a chance if pregnancy? Should I do pregnancy test once more? Can the doctor fin out that I had ipill? Wat to do? Please help.
My wife has pain in her breast. And also sometimes white liquid is coming out. What we van do for this?
I am having I pill after 2 hours of first intercourse just before one day of my expected period. Ie. 15 is my expected period and I had it on 14 of may and today is 18of may and I have not get withdrawal bleeding and period till now. Am I pregnant.
The condition in which blood appears in the urine is known as hematuria and causes a great distress to the sufferer. There are several causes why blood may appear in the urine. Whatever the cause may be, hematuria is mostly indicative of a serious medical condition.
Here are 5 reasons that cause blood to appear in the urine.
- Infection: Infections like urethritis, pyelonephritis, cystitis or infection in any other body organ along the urinary tract is one of the most common causes of hematuria. Such infection may present with a variety of symptoms including blood in the urine.
- Kidney stones and bladder stones: Another reason that can cause blood to appear in the urine is the presence of stones in the kidney or bladder. These stones are crystallized minerals that are formed in the kidney or the bladder but fail to pass through the urinary tract. They cause blockage and pain and result in hematuria.
- An enlarged prostate: An enlarged prostate is a common cause of appearance of blood in the urine in men who are in their middle ages or older. Enlargement of the prostate gland causes the urethra to be compressed. This prevents the urinary bladder from getting fully emptied while urination.
- Polycystic Kidney Disease: PKD is a kidney disorder in which cysts filled with fluid form in the kidneys and impair the kidneys, causing them to fail entirely at times. It is an inherited disease and can cause blood to appear in the urine.
- Cancer: A cancerous kidney, bladder or prostate gland can also cause blood to appear in the urine. It is another major cause of hematuria but usually occurs in older patients. Most of the causes of hematuria can be easily treated. A thorough evaluation and proper treatment is required. Please don’t ignore blood in urine and consult an urologist as soon as possible for optimal care.
My husband will see all the ladies with sex mind only, even my mother, my sister, all the ladies in front of him. I am afraiding to take my husband to any function. But I do not want to leave him. So, I need anti sex medicine. He want to lose his sex feeling permanently. PLease tell me.
I am 32 years male. Married 2 years ago. But still do not have any child. Tried many medicines. Tried many doctors. And lots of home remedies. Earlier doctors detected it as oligospermia. Bt now the reports are good. Is there any special diet or medicine to get rid of this problem. What should be the final list of DO's.
If I want to get pregnant in the month of may and would follow doctors advice of having intercourse from day 11 to day 21 (alternative days) after periods and hav 5 mg folic acid. What are the chances that I can really get pregnant? I am really worried and want to get pregnant soon. And when can I check the pregnancy after the procedure advice by the doctor.
There are many condiments used for flavouring in Indian cooking. We also have many ingredients that can bring us health benefits. Khus khus or poppy seeds are one of the staple Indian condiments that we use in pulses, curries and other vegetable preparations. This condiment is also known for its varied health benefits that many of us may not be aware of.
Read on to know more about the health benefits of poppy seeds.
- Constipation: Poppy seeds are known to drive away and prevent constipation. This condiment can also remove gas. These seeds keep your stomach feeling full for a much longer time. It can be added to your food so that you can avoid constipation and other problems like gas and indigestion. This is due to the fact that poppy seeds carry plenty of dietary fibres.
- Sleep problems: Khus khus is also a well known ingredient that can be taken with warm milk and sugar to help in curing sleep disorders like insomnia. This ingredient helps in inducing sleep and is known to be an excellent way in which one can cure sleeplessness. The milk with poppy seeds must be ingested at least an hour before you sleep.
- Respiratory problems: If you have been suffering from asthma and other respiratory issues for a very long time, then this might just be the cure for you. One can have poppy seeds as this ingredient acts like a decongestant of sorts and helps in keeping the airways and the throat tract clear. It reduces the amount of cough that one may be having, which helps in better management of the respiratory problem being faced.
- Radical attacks: Any radical attacks like a sudden spike in one’s cholesterol and blood pressure as well as cardiac arrest can also be prevented with the help of poppy seeds along with a good diet and exercise routine. Poppy seeds are a well-known source of antioxidants and one can have plenty of this in order to avoid coming down with any sudden and serious health issues.
- Kidney stones: With the help of poppy seeds and its antioxidants as well as dietary fibers, it is possible to routinely flush out all those toxins that can otherwise accumulate in your body. These toxins usually give rise to conditions like kidney stones and other related issues. Ingesting poppy seeds on a regular basis can go a long way in avoiding such issues.
- Pain killer: Whatever kind of pain we may be suffering from, and for whatever reason or condition, chewing on poppy seeds can actually help in giving substantial pain relief. It can relieve you of tooth aches as well as muscular and neurological pain. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an ayurveda.