Lybrate.com has top trusted ENT Specialists from across India. You will find ENT Specialists with more than 40 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find ENT Specialists online in Pune and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Cysts Removal Procedure
Treatment of Tonsils (Tonsillitis)
Hearing Aid Fitting
Treatment of Throat and Voice Problems
Earlobe Repair Procedure
Treatment of Sleep Disturbance
Nose Reshaping Procedure
Hearing Testing Techniques
Nasal And Sinus Allergy Care
Cochlear Implant Procedure
Ear Micro Surgery
Treatment Of Hearing Deficiency
Submit a review for Dr. TejrohiniYour feedback matters!
I am 38 years old, suffering from Fungal Sinusitis as Dr. found in CT scan (PNS. Kindly advise about how to treatment process.
My mother is 82 she on CHD and metpure xl 25 and also ra patient. From last week she is bleeding from her nose. What should I give her to stop her bleeding?
I have a inching and some pain in the ears. When I go to the doctor he says everything is alright. I have the habit oh inserting buds in the ears. I need a tips how to get out from that habit.
I am 77yrs old and suffering from throat infection and cough and cold since last 4 days. Please Advice medicines.
Sir, I am suffering from sore throat infection feeling uneasy when swallowing please suggest me to get free from strep throat.
My friend is suffering for sinus problem from yesterday, due to heat and delay in meal problems. Which is showing symptoms of migraine too, like headaches, vomit etc. She has taken paracetamol. But feeling very weak. Please suggest a proper solution ASAP.
I have a snoring problem. It happens the moment I go in deep sleep. The mouth remains closed but breathing is so loud that it makes snoring sound, sometimes very loud. Is there any medication with this can be cured? I google on internet and found being fat as one of the cause, I'm 73 kgs and working on reducing the weight.
Any ailment can cause a breakdown of one's overall well-being due to the onslaught of related symptoms, and sinus problem is no different. Sinusitis refers to inflammation or swelling of the tissue that lines the sinus, which are passages filled with air and lie in the nasal tract.
Sometimes, these passages get blocked with germs, fluid and other elements that can give rise to infections and allergic reactions. Here are the ways in which this condition can affect your health:
- Related ailments: One of the most common outcomes of sinus blockage is common cold, which can happen when the passages do not get proper movement of air. Further, it can also cause allergic rhinitis which is also known as hay fever and comes with its own set of symptoms like a runny nose, blocked nose and ears, watery eyes and other signs. A build-up of nasal polyps can also take place in the blocked path of the sinus, while the nasal cavity can also shift, causing a deviated septum.
- Pain: We have many sinuses that are located in various parts of our head, including the areas above and below the eyes. As a part of the sinus attack, one may experience pain and fluid fullness in these areas. These regions can ache when there is a sinus infection. This pain can also be caused by the dull pressure exerted by inflammation, and the pain can then travel down to jaws, teeth and even between eyes.
- Headaches: The constant pressure and persistent pain in the various areas containing the sinus can lead to long term headaches which will be at their worst in the mornings. This is due to the fact that the fluids have been accumulating throughout the night. These headaches can get worse if there is a change in the temperature.
- Congestion: Congestion is also a common symptom of sinus infection. The swollen sinuses can lead to constrictions in the nasal passage, which can obstruct normal breathing. This will lead to congestion, which can also affect the senses of taste and smell.
- Cough and discharge: A patient suffering from a sinus infection may end up blowing his or her nose more often than normal. This will usually happen because a yellowing greenish discharge will drain into the nasal passages on a regular basis during the infection. When this discharge bypasses the nasal tract and reaches the throat, it can also cause persistent coughing. It is best to ask for medical intervention and practice steaming to relive the painful symptoms of this condition. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an Ent Specialist.
Sir, my 4 year old pome is having dry nose since last 7 days. Otherwise fine and active. Given crocin also but occasionally it has dry nose. What could be the reason? Is something serious or it is normal. Please guide urgently as I am very worried and tense.
Hlo sir muje since 5 mnths se lgra tha ki gale ki pipe me left side kuch atka hai or aaj mujje drd bi haii mne dekha kuch dono side se mass bi bda hua hai gale me dane type kuch mass ke hai vo kafi time ke hai or hlka fvr hai sir ye kya hai?
Sir mere husband ko vertigo hai, ye kis wajh se hota h aur q hota h iske koi medicine consult kre please
Doctor, my left side nostril is 80% blocked due to mass formation in excess, is there any good treatment to reduce this problem?
Hi, My daughter aged 5 years has been advised an adenoidectomy. She is a mouth breather, gets ear infections whenever she gets a cold which she picks up from school. There is no other complication. But there is definite improvement - the snoring has stopped etc. I am very hesitant to have her get this operation. Is there some way to avoid this operation?
Though nosebleeds are usually not a cause for serious concern, it can sometimes be a scary experience and cause a lot of anxiety. The nose is home to a lot of blood vessels and being fragile they bleed easily. Nosebleeds, however, can be a cause of concern if they happen regularly. While a few factors can be taken care of easily, there are a few rare cases that are actually alarming.
- Injury or blow to the nose: Any injury or sudden blow may cause the nose to bleed. The severity of bleeding depends on the intensity and nature of blow/ injury.
- Sinusitis: Bleeding is seen in a moderate number of cases of sinusitis. Not every person with sinusitis experiences nose bleeds though.
- Hypertension/ high blood pressure: People, who have high blood pressure and one or more of other predisposing factors, might experience nosebleed in some cases. High blood pressure basically increases your chances of experiencing nosebleed.
- Liver infection: This condition can be one of the rare causes of nosebleed.
- Conditions hampering blood clot formation: There are certain medical conditions in which the blood clot formation does not take place effectively and thus the bleeding incidents can happen with minor causes as well.
- Blood thinning medication: People having blood thinning medicines are more prone to experiencing an episode of nose bleed for obvious reasons.
- Excessive scratching or sneezing: This might cause the nasal wall to rupture, causing minor bleeding.
- Excessive alcohol consumption: In people who consume alcohol in an excessive amount, nose bleeding might occur as an after effect.
- Blood cancer/ leukemia: In some cases of leukemia, the patient might experience nosebleed along with other complications.
While some causes can be self-cured at home, a few others need proper treatment from a medical practitioner.
Related Tip: Why Nose Bleeding Can Be Serious?