Lybrate.com has top trusted General Physicians from across India. You will find General Physicians with more than 36 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Physicians online in Pune and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Tejaswini
Treatment of Migraine Treatment
Weight Management Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Prevention of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart At
Hiv Prophylaxis Post Exposure
Viral Fever Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. TejaswiniYour feedback matters!
Excess masturbation does harmful to kidney? What will happen kidney will fail or not. Is this very harmful?
A, working in Art of living international centre, I have severe gas problem, what is the best solution, is Eating Ajjwain helps, if yes how much I should eat and when.
I eat anything my stomach gets filled like balloon, means gas creates, and second part I am financially not sound, so please me appropriate diet or any way to get reed from this problem.
I'm 20 years old and I get body pains, cramps very often. What should I do to get rid of these pains? I'm male and normal physique.
I read in a magazine that sex life can make you infertile. So how is this possible and how to protect our self from this?
I haven't been able to sleep since 2 days and I am having a severe headache, tried multiple home remedies, but didn't work, what to do? Please help me!
By now many men have heard of the HPV vaccine for women. This vaccine is vitally important to help sexually active women avoid HPV infection, which is one of the most common reasons for cervical cancer. But men who want to ensure the best possible penis care should also get the vaccine, as it is designed to provide many protections for everyone, not just the females in the equation. Here's what a man needs to know.
What is HPV, anyway?
Also known as human papillomavirus, HPV is one of the most common viruses among adults. In fact, the CDC reports that most people will be infected with it at some point in their lives. Most people aren't aware of their infection, since so many cases are "silent" and leave no symptoms. But some do face issues, such as genital warts or cervical cancer.
What happens when a man gets HPV?
Most people already know that cervical cancer and HPV are strongly linked. But when a guy gets HPV, lots of ugly things can happen to him, too. For men, it usually shows up as genital warts. Though genital warts aren't necessarily a health problem, they are certainly a problem for a man's sex life; he must inform his partners that he has the warts, which can be problematic when trying to get to know a new partner. He must also be careful to wear a condom at all times, even with a regular partner, so as not to spread the warts.
HPV is also shown to have a role in a small number of cases of anal cancer, penis cancer and throat cancer. Though this is rare, the possibility can increase if a man does things that would otherwise lead to problems in those areas, such as smoking.
How can a man protect against HPV?
- Fortunately, the HPV vaccine for women works for men, too. Good penis health relies on getting the proper vaccines, including the HPV vaccine. Though it is recommended that a boy receive the vaccine between the ages of 11 and 12, it can be given to men up to 26 years of age. It is always most effective when given to a man who is not yet sexually active, as he has a much lower chance of any sexually transmitted infection, including HPV, already present.
- However, a man who is older than the age of 26 can take steps to protect himself, even if he isn't eligible for the HPV vaccine. He can do this through regularly monitoring his penis health to ensure there are no changes or abnormalities in his equipment. He can also choose partners carefully and use a condom each time, until he chooses to stay monogamous with a partner and they have both been tested for HPV and other infections. If he does happen to test positive for HPV, it's time to sit down with the doctor and discuss ways to protect his health and the health of his partners.
- In addition, a man can turn to great hygiene to help his penis health stay in tip-top shape. That includes the regular use of a specially formulated penis health crème (health professionals recommend Man 1 Man Oil, which is clinically proven mild and safe for skin). A guy can benefit from alpha lipoic acid, which fights free radicals, as well as L-carnitine for better overall health. He can keep the skin smooth and supple with the addition of Shea butter and vitamin E, and for the finishing touch, turn to a crème with vitamins D and C - both known for their healing and protective properties.
Asthma is a common disease, characterized by the inflammation of the airways. These airways are responsible for the passage of air and therefore their inflammation causes shortness of breath and extreme discomfort. Though different branches of medicines have tried in their own ways to deal with this problem, Ayurveda with its emphasis on natural remedies has emerged as a clear favorite. According to Ayurveda, it is the stomach that is the source of all chronic diseases. The science believes that as impurities accumulate in our system, diseases like asthma come to the fore.
The different ways by which Ayurveda treats asthma are:
1. Maintaining a proper diet: Since stomach is identified as the source of most diseases, any attempt to treat them should begin from the stomach itself. Ayurveda believes that those foods, which are easy to digest, inevitably helps in relieving you from the bouts of asthma. The concept that operates behind this is that easily digestible food provides nutrients, which are further absorbed by the tissues. This helps in rebuilding the strong strength as well as keeps the stomach in a sound condition.
2. Herbal oil massage: A daily massage with herbal oil has always proved to have an extremely soothing and a calming effect on your system. Ideally the massage should be performed before taking a bath as it increases the blood circulation and pacify the nervous system.
3. Exercise: Ayurveda is perhaps the only branch of medicine that gives equal priority to medications as well as exercises. It is believed that stretching and those exercises that facilitate flexibility can markedly reduce bouts of asthma.