Lybrate.com has top trusted Gynaecologists from across India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 44 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Pune and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. TamskrYour feedback matters!
Vaginal dryness is an uncomfortable and painful condition that usually occurs during or after menopause. The estrogen level in your body gets reduced during this time which eventually leads to vaginal dryness. However, there are other factors that can trigger this condition including certain medications and immune disorders. This is a problem that can affect women at any age but it is visible more frequently in older women.
Here are some common factors that may lead to vaginal dryness:
1. Hormonal changes - A decrease in estrogen level that occurs during menopause is one of the most common causes of vaginal dryness. The decrease in estrogen may also occur during perimenopause, during breastfeeding or after childbirth. Radiation and chemotherapy for cancer treatment may also result in a decrease in vaginal lubrication.
2. Irritants - Chemicals present in soaps, dyes, hygiene products and perfumes may cause allergy in some women. Irritants present in underwear or towels and other allergens like objects and lubricants that are placed in the vagina may also cause vaginal dryness.
3. Insufficient arousal - Low libido or other sexual problems may also lead to vaginal dryness. Poor sexual performance and early ejaculation may also contribute to it.
4. Anxiety - Sexual desire can be affected by emotional and psychological factors such as anxiety and stress that may eventually lead to vaginal dryness. High anxiety level in women results in insufficient flow of blood, causing vaginal dryness.
How can vaginal dryness be treated?
Topical estrogen therapy is a common method of treating vaginal dryness caused by low estrogen level. Topical estrogen helps in inserting some hormone that your body is no longer producing. This controls the vaginal symptoms to a certain extent but it does not replace as much estrogen as oral hormone therapy, in your blood stream. Lubricants and moisturizers may also be applied to reduce vaginal dryness and make sex less painful and uncomfortable.
Word of Caution:
I am 30 years old married woman and my married have 2 years ago but I am not able to consume for pregnant. My body weight growing too fast I feel so nervous please guide me.
I am one month pregnant and would like to ask question, should I walk in a hilly area? please kindly suggest me. Thanks.
My wife is pregnant and in the first 3 month she was prescribed with 5 mg of folic acid a day and after the completion of 4 month the dose of folic acid has been reduced to 1.5 mg with the iron capsules, so the dose of 1.5mg is sufficient or the dose of folic acide should be increased?
Hello Doctor, My name is Aditi and I have diabetes since 2 years and m taking medicines (Glyciphage SR 500mg) after breakfast -1 and after dinner -1 with folvite 5 mg. So, I want to ask that since m planning for pregnancy, if I get pregnant. Will these medicines have any side effect on my baby?
I m 23 years. Since 2 period cycles I have been experiencing very light bleeding. My periods last fr 2-3 days. I got my periods when I was 14 and ever since it had been v irregular. However, since last 6 months my periods became very regular all by itself and the bleeding lasts fr 5 days. Then what is the reason for sudden short n light periods? Had a scan in sept 2015 that showed polycystic appearing ovaries (I have not taken any treatment fr that Till now) A blood test in august 2015 which showed v low levels of vit D n b12. Thyroid - normal. Taking supplements fr vitamin def. I will do any other reqd test. And I know a doc can give precise ans after a test is done. But I just read on the net that scanty n light periods often indicate major health prob. Is it true? Thank you.
Hello doctor, I am 31 years old and I am facing endometriosis problem from the last six years and till now I am not pregnant. I am to going to ivf and doctor did my IUI on 7th March 2017 and gave me susten 200 mg capsule to put in vagina for 15 days. Today is my 15 day and I checked my urine and negative result. My last period came 23rd feb 2017. please clear my doubt that I can be pregnant or not and may I stop susten 200 mg capsule or continue. Any chances of pregnancy or not. If I stop these medicine then when will my period start. Please help me.
Hi, I am a 23 years old girl, my problem is during my menstruation cycle I fart a lot but in other days everything is fine. Why do this happen and how can I get rid of this?
Please advise on which day I can intercourse with my wife? Today is her 1st day of period. We are trying for baby since last 6 months. Any healthy foods need to take?
Hello I had my period last month on 14 Sep and after 20 days I saw spotting in in between we didn't do sex then after 2 days later again I saw like spotting even I checked pregnancy test it's negative what it is now I don't understand my period will come on 14 but why this type or blood I saw is there any complications.
What is the cost of hymenoplasty? And what does it mean? For how many days rest is required after it?
Hi I am 10 weeks pregnant. I had an ultrasound scan yesterday. I saw a baby s heartbeat and it measures 173 beat. And in report I found in right ovary there is a corpus leutal cyst which measures 1.6 cm and I didn't have any bleeding or pain. Kindly help me .wat exactly it is. I am very much worried.
5 cm chocolate cyst diagnosed doc said zoladex injection for one month and try to conceive ASAP for 3-6 months. Hope I will not get period for 3 months can I still conceive without getting period.
So if I have sex once I finish my period normally on that for 2-3 days then can I become pregnant even if forget to have sex on day my egg releases there still be sperm in my vagina won't it waiting every time he cums in me from last time had sex just incase I forget to on day egg release and if I don't go toilet while after sex then sperm stay in won't it.
Today is my first day of period, I have pain in my stomach and lower abdomen also. My period pain is very bad due to this pain I cannot walk or go to my colg due to pain please suggest me.
I had oral sex 3 weeks ago without protection .I don't know about her that she was infected by hiv or not but I am very worried about myself. And please tell about symptoms.
female, 42 yrs, 2 sons, 13 and 7yrs, I have been diagnosed as having fibroids, I need suggestions, as my gynaec told me to go for surgery.
Hard lump under skin on vagina lip. No head. Burning since 2 days. Recently had an vagina infection and was on medication. Is the lump sign of something serious?
Acupressure is a traditional Chinese healing treatment modality which works on the principle that the human body carries a dense network of energy pathways. When these get blocked, the smooth flow of energy too is disturbed resulting in various diseases.
The Chinese identified points along these pathways which if stimulated, could re-balance the whole energy system and help in countering disease. This, in short, is the basic guideline of Acupressure.
Since energy pathways include some running at the accessible range of a needle, acupuncture, a form of acupressure uses needles, as fine as human hair, inserted in different acupuncture points on the hands and feet of the patient to normalise the energy flow. Acupressure also works on these pressure points but without the needles. The basic guideline of both acupressure and acupuncture is the same, and just the methodology differs. In acupressure, a practitioner uses fingers, seeds, blunt instruments and other objects to put pressure on the acupuncture points to normalise energy flow.
How is acupressure treatment given?
- Each point is on a meridian that is connected to a particular important organ of your body. So a sore point on your kidney meridian may indicate a problem with your kidneys.
- The practitioner listens to your case history and then starts treatment by pressing points on your hands and feet. He puts sustained pressure on each point while taking feedback from you about the soreness of a particular point. A sore point indicates a problem in blood circulation and stuck energy.
- It is how an acupressurist diagnoses and then cures a particular health problem.
- Acupressure can also be practised by you yourself by pressing points on your body. You need to be trained to do this, however.
- After putting pressure on points for anywhere between 30 minutes to one hour, the acupressurist usually attaches a tiny magnet to the point with tape for 24 hours.
- Anyone can go for acupressure treatment
- It has proven to be extremely efficacious in treating infertility, liver problems, pain, stress etc.
- It takes several sessions to cure a disease.
- While some practitioners merely treat local symptoms, genuinely trained acupuncturists practice their art as a comprehensive system of holistic medicine which heals the body, mind and the spirit.
There are no side effects of acupressure if precautions like the following are taken-
- Pregnant women should take care not to go in for acupressure treatments.
- Patients with life-threatening diseases like stroke or heart disease should consult their doctor before using acupressure or other alternative therapies.
- Acupressure does not cure bacterial infections so acupressure is contra-indicated for UTIs for example.
- Acupressure is also not a treatment for cancer, contagious skin diseases, or sexually transmitted diseases but can help alleviate symptoms.
After an acupressure session, take care to protect yourself from cold as your body heat is lowered. So, keep warm when you finish an acupressure routine. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can ask a free question.