Lybrate.com has top trusted General Physicians from across India. You will find General Physicians with more than 36 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Physicians online in Pune and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Diagnostic Cardiac Procedures
Treatment of Endoscopic Sinus Surgery
Treatment of Lumbar Radiculopathy
Oxygen Therapy Treatment
Hiv Prophylaxis Post Exposure
Restylane Vital Procedure
Treatment of Shin Splints
Treatment of Shin Splits
Management of Smoking Cessation
Treatment of Tetracycline Stains
Weight Management Treatment
Asthma Management Program
Skin Detoxification Treatment
Head And Neck Pain Treatment
Health Check Up
Health Screening For Men
Submit a review for Dr. Talkari PravinYour feedback matters!
I am a diabetic, taking 500 mgs glycomate morning one and evening one. I am a vegetarian. I am not having sufficient energy to attend my day to day work.
I'm a sugar patient since four years and taking pills regularly. My blood sugar is sometimes up and sometimes low. Yesterday random sugar at night was 130 but today morning it's 203. Why this variation.
I have had constipation for quite some days and since yesterday I have been having acidity. I got the acidity in the morning when I got up yesterday. Constipation is the main problem. What is the best dat I can do?
Hello Doctor, Last month, I started doing more exercise. Lost around 1 kg and around abdomen. But now I am delayed on my period by 10 days. Did 5 home pregnancy tests and all are negative. Not involved in unsafe sex last month. So, attributed my delay in period to rigorous exercising. But pimples like never before. And some light white vaginal discharge. What is this discharge about, should I be worried for pregnancy. Also, I was diagnosed with mild pcod. Also, there was a small spotting last month around 14th day.
My Sister got chicken pox from his son 2 weeks back, Now she is 80% overcome from that disease. My Mother is living with a my sister from last 3 weeks. Is their any chance that My Mother and My Brother in Law will get infection from my sister? Please advice and share prescription.
Hi. My father is 40 years old. He is getting the pain below the right side of chest. Please provide me with the reasons and remedies.
Suffering from piles. Bleeds occasionally. Wondering whether ayurveda has an remedy for this. Pls help.
I am male 75years old. I have nagging back pain. My weight is 56 kgs. I am diabetic Fbs is 176 and post prandial is 195. My cholesterol is 204 I am not having any other ailments. Please suggest what I diet I should follow.
My 6 month baby is vomiting frequently and also have motion problem very loose. Is this normal at this age or should we take treatment. We feed only milk.
What is the need of giving a laxative (buscopan) a day before surgery for removal of varicose veins?
During a febrile seizure, the body of a child may convulse, shake and contract, the eyes may roll, and he or she may moan or become unconscious. This type of seizure is usually for a few minutes, but in rare cases can last up to 15 minutes.
Febrile seizures stop on their own while the fever persists until treated. While some children may feel sleepy afterwards, others do not have lasting effects.
Seizures in toddlers may be caused due to the following factors
- Epilepsy - Epilepsy is defined categorically as two or more seizures without any acute cause. Epilepsy can occur at any age, but it is usually diagnosed in infants and young children.
- Body temperature - Body temperature may indicate a crisis in small children. High body temperatures or low body temperature can cause seizures in a toddler. These types of seizures occur only once or twice in children two years or younger, often after an illness. This type of seizure due to the fortification of the body temperature is considered a febrile convulsion.
- Dehydration - Febrile seizures can also occur due to dehydration. Dehydration is a direct result of previous illness that included sweating and fever.
- Physical condition - A child who is in poor physical condition can also be prone to seizures. Malnutrition or a body weakened by disease or illness makes small children more susceptible to crises.
- Family History - Family history can play a role in toddlers or children with seizures. If a family member suffered from the tendency or had convulsions, particularly febrile seizures as a child, this trait can be inherited.
Treating febrile seizures
If your child has a febrile seizure, stay calm and:
- Make sure your child is in a safe place and does not fall or hit something hard
- Place your child on his side to prevent choking
- Watch for signs of breathing difficulties, including any colour change in the face of your child
- If the seizure lasts more than a few minutes or your child turns blue, it may be a more serious type of seizure; connect with doctors immediately
Febrile seizures can be frightening to witness, but remember they are fairly common and are not usually a symptom of a serious disease, and in most cases does not lead to other health problems.