Lybrate.com has top trusted Gynaecologists from across India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 31 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Pune and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Endometrial Ablation Procedure
Treatment of Treatment of Breast Cancer
Management of Abortion
Hormonal Replacement Therapy Treatment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
Submit a review for Dr. Swetha LandeYour feedback matters!
I was diagnosed with pregnancy 2 months ago but yesterday while urinating I seen some blood. So as per gynecologist prescribed me injection As system 25 for 5 days with complete bed rest. Now after taking this injection nothing found during urination But doctor also advised for ultrasound test to know the exact position. So kindly advise if there is any adverse effect cause with regard to pregnancy & what need to be followed thereafter to avoid such situations.
My girlfriends period gone 14 April. Yesterday I'm sex with her without protection on 30 April so any chance to she get pregnant?
I am a 19 year old girl and I have noticed an offensive stench coming from my cervical mucus today. I didn't miss my periods and I'm not pregnant. Why am I having such smell?
We are bombarded with advertisements of how 'good mothers' never fail to have their children use antibacterial soap as a habit. But does it really work? There have been several reports of potentially harmful ingredients being used in these antibacterial soaps and yet their sale continues unhindered. Let's dive in to get the dope behind these soaps.
What are antibacterial soaps?
A drug called 'triclosan' was originally used strictly in hospital environments. In the 1990s the commercial manufacture of antibacterial soaps started with this ingredient in its center and fear mongering and advertisements pushed this into a whooping $1 billion industry. There is murky data on the FDA approval on triclosan usage and guidelines which are leaving us only with information the manufacturers propagate about it. But with enough information out there on the internet, should you wait for manufacturers to prove its effectiveness or make a judgment call? Here are a few facts to help:
1. It is as effective as conventional soap: There are countless studies and researches done in the last four decades that proves that antibacterial soaps are not more effective than regular soaps and the added triclosan doesn't proved any special health benefits. These tests measure the amount of bacteria in one's hand before and after usage. But the real question is do antibacterial soaps reduce infection rates and the answer to that question is yet to be proven.
2. It has the potential to create antibiotic-resistant bacteria: The main benefit of using these products is its bacteria resistant formula. With frequent usage, some bacteria gain resistance to the chemicals. Eventually, while the soap kills off regular bacteria, the resistant bacteria can spiral into a local or global threat.
3. It can disrupt endocrine functions: Triclosan closely resembles the thyroid hormone and can bid to its receptor sites. This can lead to many problems like infertility, artificially-advanced early puberty, obesity, and cancer. This problem has been found during animal testing and yet not proven for humans. With so much threat on the loose, would it matter how effective or ineffective the antibacterial soap is against bacteria?
4. It can lead to problems in children: At a growing age, children are developing their immune system and natural resistance to diseases. Prolonged exposure to antibacterial soap can result in reduced exposure to bacteria which prevention the proper development of the child's immune system.
5. It is bad for the environment too: The more triclosan we use, the more gets flushed down the drain. The problem arises because triclosan isn't fully treated at sewage treatment plans and enters water bodies where it disrupts algae's ability to perform photosynthesis. The spin ball effect reaches all sea animals and plants and eventually comes back to attack us in ways we are yet to find out.
The solution to this problem is to use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer that is effective on both bacteria and viruses. If you are wondering how you can add bacteria resistance to your family without any added harm, consult a doctor today.
My frnd is a female she is not getting periods from last 2 months is there any problem for not getting periods properly.
What is erythroblastosis fetalis?
Erythroblastosis fetalis is also known as haemolytic anaemia in the newborn. This occurs due to blood incompatibility in the mother and foetus. Due to this incompatibility, the antibodies present in the mother’s blood, will pass through the placental barrier and attack the blood cells of the foetus. This will lead to the destruction of the red blood cells of the foetus and it is likely to cause anaemia in the foetus. This condition varies from mild to very serious. In its moderate or severe stage, the erythroblasts or immature red blood cells are formed in the blood of the foetus and this disease is called erythroblastosis fetalis.
Why does it happen?
The two main causes of erythroblastosis fetalis are Rh incompatibility and ABO incompatibility.
- Rh Incompatibility: When the mother is Rh –ve and the father is Rh +ve, there is a good chance for the baby to be Rh +ve. The antigens present in the blood of the Rh +ve baby will behave like a foreign agent and the mother will produce antibodies against it. If it is the first pregnancy, then the child may not be at risk, however, if the second child ends up being of +ve blood group again, then the antibodies present in the mother’s blood will attack the baby and may result in a spontaneous abortion.
- ABO Incompatibility: This usually occurs when the mother’s blood group A, B, O does not match the baby’s. This causes fewer complications in comparison to Rh incompatibility, but it may be severe if the child has a very rare blood group.
How to avoid it?
It is a highly preventive condition. Firstly, you have not tested your blood group; it is advised to get it tested along with the blood group of the father. If you already know your blood group, then you must mention it to your doctor. If the father has negative blood group, then there will be no problem. However if the father is Rh positive, then it is advised to get routine tests done by the doctor.
The other preventive measure to take is a treatment called RhoGAM or the Rh immunoglobulin. It reduces the reaction of the mother to the baby’s blood cells. This shot is administered around the 28th week of the pregnancy. It is also administered 72 hours after the birth of the baby with the positive blood group. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a pediatrician.
I am 18 years old, Me and my boyfriend had unprotected sex a week before but the sex lasts maximum for a min. After 8 hours of sex I took ipill and yesterday morning I spotted vaginal discharge, some drop of blood with sticky white thing and today I spotted the same thing.
Does boobs swell due to pressing it? Many say hand pressing enlarge it. Please tell me if it affects and remedies for it if any. Thanking you. Age 25.
Hi madam, I have irregular periods since 3 years. I checked by ultra sound scan it says cysts in both over. Was can do I have gained wait soo much how can I loss my wait and regular periods please telma.
I am 28 years female. I am trying to get pregnant from 2 years back. And I am also having hypothyroidism problem but it is normal range. My menstruation cycle is 30 days, I just want to ask the reason of not getting pregnant.
Hi I am 33 and suffering from palpitations and ectopic, but from last 8 years pls suggest me some treatment for permanent cure.
Dear Sir/Madam, My daughter whose age is 20 and weight 70 kg is having menstrual problem as her period is irregular and not clear. Each month it bleeds for app. 23 days. Her hemoglobin is 13. Doctors prescribed haem up c for 30 days but no improvement. At this age hormone medicine is also not advised Please suggest what to do or is this the symptoms of major problem.
Hi sir I'm 19 and I'm join with foreplay with my boy friend regularly 2 to 3 times per day, after 1 month of foreplay my period date is missing, foreplay causes pregnant? Please tell me sir urgent, we enjoy foreplay equal to real sex so please tell me.
I am 35 years old and female. Once 3 years back while I am travelling in train went to toilet, and since from then I got infection got itching and swelling there. I consulted doctor she gave me some antibiotics. Its cleared. After a year it showed again and I used the medicine again. Symptoms gone. But skin there is like small bubbles now. And also now I am engaged and have intercourse with my fiance, but to my shock I am getting pain inside. I afraid what will be my married life. Please suggest me.
I have had unprotected sex before 14 days and after 36 hrs of sex I took unwanted 72 pill to prevent my pregnancy and my periods start between 7 to 20 date every month and last night 9 may my periods start. So I wanna know now I am not pregnant because I don't want to be pregnant. Is it normal I mean I'm not pregnant. Please could you suggest me. Sir/ma'am.
Important for everybody for a better health, glowing skin, better digestion and increased energy
Breathe a little easier
While many people don’t consider the lungs part of detoxification squad, they are responsible for filtering out fumes, allergens,and airborne toxins.
When we’re stressed, we tend to shift from deep belly breathing to short, shallow ‘chest’ breaths, which reduces your lungs ability to transport oxygen to all your tissues. If you want to boost your lung power, begin to practise diaphragmatic breathing a few minutes each day:
Lie flat on the floor. Raise your knees. (You can put a cushion under them if you wish.)
Put one palm on your upper chest and the other over your navel.
Breathe out fully – and then a little bit more. With practise you will find you can do this by drawing in your abdomen. Pause for 2-4 seconds.
Allow the air to naturally flow in again.
Slowly and calmly repeat this cycle a few times.
we always say exercise is a must because your skin is also a source of toxic elimination just like the lungs
with best of health