Lybrate.com has top trusted Gynaecologists from across India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 35 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Pune and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Endometrial Ablation Procedure
Treatment of Treatment of Breast Cancer
Management of Abortion
Hormonal Replacement Therapy Treatment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
Submit a review for Dr. Swati M.LandgeYour feedback matters!
I experience burning sensation in my pelvic n its peripheral area near periods. My mc is very irregular n have pcos too. What could be the reason of this?
I am 21 years guy I had unprotected sex with my gf on 25 aug 2016 I came out but I am worried the precum means one drop of precum drop in her I asked about her symptom for pregnancy as now we found did not found any symptom I searched google about papaya and pineapple but want to be sure she do not get pregnant can you tell me when is the right time to do urine test?
Dear mem./sir meri wife ke period date 7 hai jo five dayes tak raheti hai so please infrom me mughe apni wife ke sath kis date se kab tak smbhog krna chaye jijse ke wife prigent ho gaye.
I am having problem in my ovaries PCOD. I want to ensure that whether it will affect me or my body while doing sex. Or after sex. And if once I go for a safe sex, then in future if I hv to go through an ultrasound . Will the reports will tell that I had sex earlier ? Please give valuable information. .
I am 23 year old female. My periods are delayed by 18 days and I also have checked my pregnancy on preganews test device and results are that I am not pregnant. However I am sure that I am not pregnant but do not know the reason of delay in periods. Is it the sign of my pregnancy by any means or what should I do to continue my periods? (I am a feeding mother of 6 month old baby)
1) if label says fat free then it is low in calories.
Usually fat free foods are high in sugar calories and also in sodium. It may also contain maida or some other unhealthy ingredients so pls check label carefully.
2) 100% fruit juice is a good substitute for fruit
None of the commercially available fruit juices have 100% fruit. Mostly they contain not more then 10% fruit and that to of poor quality. It is loaded with artificial flavorings, preservatives, sugar.
3) avoid citrus fruits when you have cold as they are cold foods.
Some people may be sensitive to them but not all. In fact they are rich in vitamin c which helps fight cold.
It is important for pregnant women to be checked for STDs. They can cause women to go into labor too early and may complicate delivery. Many STDs can be passed from mother to baby during pregnancy, childbirth, or after the baby is born. STDs' effects on babies can include stillbirth, low birth weight, neurologic problems, blindness, liver disease, and serious infection. But there are treatments to minimize these risks. Treatment during pregnancy can cure some STDs and lower the risk of passing the infection to your baby.
The disruption of the normal female cycles of menstruation and ovulation after the age of 45 and the loss of her ability to conceive naturally is known as menopause. The associated symptoms of menopause are heat flushes, insomnia, weight gain, depression, nausea and fatigue. While hormone replacement therapy is the most common procedure to provide relief from menopausal symptoms, natural homeopathic remedies can also be used for the same. These remedies are completely safe as opposed to hormone replacement therapy which has a number of side effects.
The following homeopathic medicines and remedies can be used to treat menopause:
- A balanced diet which provides you with optimal nutrition can be helpful in treating menopausal symptoms. When you get enough vitamins and minerals, the physical discomfort caused by the symptoms can be reduced greatly.
- Phosphorus can help with migraines, extreme sweating, numb hands, fast pulse, memory problems and dry and itchy skin. Foods high in phosphorus content are meat, fish, cheese, nuts and seeds of pumpkins, sunflowers etc.
- Excessive deposition of fat can interfere with the hormonal cycles and cause imbalances in the level of estrogen and progesterone. So, regular yoga and exercise can be helpful.
- Amylenum nitrosum can provide relief from profuse sweating, shortness of breath and palpitations.
- Phytoestrogen or dietary estrogen is a compound found in foods such as soybeans, oats, barley, carrots, fenugreek, rice etc. Phytoestrogen can provide natural relief from menopausal symptoms.
- Aurum metallicum is used to get the tissues and organs to function normally again and control feelings of anxiety and claustrophobia.
- Aconitum napellus (wolf's bane) is a flowering plant and its extracts can reduce panic attacks, heat flushes, over excitability and depressive symptoms.
- Argentum nitricum is a nitrate compound of silver which is used to control excessive bleeding in the pre-menstrual stages.
- Belladonna (deadly nightshade) is beneficial for a large number of symptoms such as headaches, fatigue, insomnia, frequent urination, osteoporosis, abnormal weight gain and other nervous disorders.
- Bryonia alba, a flowering plant, is used as a remedy for vaginal infections, rashes and vaginal dryness that are common during menopause.
- Natrum muriaticum, in small amounts, helps to reduce stress. Stress can cause problems in thyroid function, cognitive functioning, digestive system functioning and it can elevate blood pressure levels rapidly.
- Nux vomica (strychnine) is a common homeopathic medicine for nausea, vomiting and indigestion. These problems are seen frequently in menopausal women, especially after meals at night.
Related Tip : "Is Postmenopausal Bleeding Normal??"
Sexual abuse of children may sound very scary and degrading, but the truth is it is a very prevalent problem. As much we may not want to believe, the number of boys and girls who are sexually abused, and that too by close family and friends is very high. This may be difficult to digest, but is the truth. The sexual abuse in male and female children is 50% in each group which is again unbelievable but true.
What is considered child sexual abuse?
Child sexual abuse includes touching and non-touching activity. Some examples of touching activity include:
- touching a child's genitals or private parts for sexual pleasure.
- making a child touch someone else's genitals, play sexual games or have sex putting objects or body parts (like fingers, tongue or penis) inside the vagina, in the mouth or in the anus of a child for sexual pleasure.
The thing to ponder, however, is that people who abuse children have a deeper problem. This could be due to a combination of social and psychological issues that the person is facing. Often helping identify the underlying problem could be a solution to the problem too, but this is rarely done. If you think a child could be subjected to abuse, look out for the following symptoms.
- A feeling of guilt or shame.
- Irritability and anger with minimal reasons.
- Mood swings, often uncommon in children.
- Feeling very isolated and sad.
- Very anxious and angry.
- Symptoms of withdrawal, not wanting to be left alone.
- Fatigue and pain in the back, legs.
- Loss of appetite, energy.
- Bruises (look out for these, which may not be in visible areas).
How to handle?
Given the fact that the offender is in close family and/or friends circle, the suspicion levels are quite low.
- The first step, therefore, is to open up and talk with either your parents or someone close.
- Look for support groups which can be very helpful.
- Do not be isolated though the urge is very strong.
- Build a daily schedule to ensure your routine continues (studies, work, etc.).
- Focus on exercise or other passions as they help you deviate your mind.
- Be sure to not be alone with the offender, stay in a group.
- Give out a strong message saying it is not acceptable, and do not keep quiet.
Homoeopathy can come rescue of the offender all well as the victim. If we see according to the point of view of who committed the crime, many reasons may come to the light and we can be treated accordingly. Usually, these criminals have a very painful and sad childhood. This could lead them to commit a crime like child abuse.
The following are the medicines to treat such people with anti-social behaviour-
- Nux V.
There are certain homoeopathic medicines which are helpful in the treatment of children who are victimized. The most common symptom is nightmares.
For treatment for actual physical and mental symptoms of the victim child, following homoeopathic medicines may help:
- Nat. mur.
Homeopathy is a safe and effective way to treat the victims as well as the culprits of sexual abuse. It focuses on the way patients have reacted to events and the personality of the patient. It helps to bring complete harmony of physical, mental and social well being.
If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a homeopath.
Please stop if you are doing this as a fashion because you may lead to heart problems, diabetes and many more in long term.
Honey should never be consumed with anything which is even lukewarm.