Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Swati P.Kulkarni
Treatment of Migraine Treatment
Piles Treatment (Non Surgical)
Irritable Bowel Syndrome (Ibs) Treatment
Viral Fever Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Acne / Pimples Treatment
Diabetic Diet Counseling
Hair Loss Treatment
Treatments For Ringworm
Submit a review for Dr. Swati P.KulkarniYour feedback matters!
Patient Review Highlights
I found the answers provided by the Dr. Swati P.Kulkarni to be knowledgeable. Nicely explained
N Naveen Kumar
Dr. Swati Kulkarni provides answers that are caring. Nat mur 30 is tablet mam????
Hairfall is a condition, which is also known as Alopecia and is known to include the aspect of thinning of hair as well. Genetics and hormones play a vital role in hairfall in both women and men. Few other factors are also responsible for hairfall. The hair growth consists of 3 phases.
- The anagen phase-active phase in hair growth. This phase lasts for 2-7 yrs.
- The second phase - catagen phase. This phase immediately follows the anagen phase. It lasts for around 10- 14 days and the hair stops getting blood supply and this leads the hair to become dead.
- The last phase is telogen phase. It is a resting phase.
The entire cycle is repeated after the last stage and it continues. Every single hair undergoes this process.
Causes/ factors to hair loss
- Genetic factors
- Skin diseases such as fungal infection, seborrhea (dandruff), tinea capitis ,eczema of scalp and lichen planus etc.
- Nutritional deficiencies like iron (leading to anemia) and protein
- Hormonal changes after childbirth, during menopause
- Drug in treating high blood pressure, cancer, joint pains or depression. Hair loss due to chemotherapy in a cancer patient is called as Anagen effluvium
- General diseases like Tuberculosis, diabetes mellitus, AIDS, Hypothyroidism
- Auto-immune hair loss
- Hairstyles and frequent usage of hair straighteners and hair colors
- Recovery from erysipelas and typhoid leads to diffuse hair loss
- Physical trauma or injury to head
- Emotional trauma - loss of a family member / close friend
- Trichotillomania, -a mental disorder of the affected person voluntarily pulls out his / her scalp hair
The treatment for the disease could be based on the cause of the disease. Understanding the cause and treating it accordingly will increase the effectiveness of the medicine.
- Psorinum is the medicine useful to treat the hair fall that is caused due to skin diseases in scalp.
- Mezereum is also another medicine that is good in treating hair fall due to dandruff and other skin disease.
- Mercurius Solubilis is another homeopathic medicine that plays a wonderful role in treating the hair loss due to eruptions on scalp.
- Kali sulphuricum and Thuja occidentalis are best medicines to treat hair fall due to dandruff exclusively.
- Pulsatilla pratensis, Natrum muriaticum, Pulsatilla pratensis and Sepia officinalis are medicines used to control hair fall in women after childbirth.
- Cinchona officinalis , Calcarea phosphorica and Borax are medicines that helps in treating hair fall problem for anemic patients.
Acidity is a term used for a set of symptoms caused by excess production of acid by the gastric glands of the stomach. The stomach normally secretes hydrochloric acid which is required for the breakdown and digestion of food we eat. Acidity causes symptoms like dyspepsia, heartburn, gastric inflammation and ulcers in the stomach. Acidity is generally a consequence of several external factors like eating habits, fad diets, stress, smoking and alcohol consumption, lack of physical activity, irregularity in eating pattern.
The incidence of acidity is higher in countries where individuals eat more of non-vegetarian, oily and spicy foods. Certain medications like non steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAID's)also predisposes individuals to gastric acidity. People suffering from acidity feel a burning sensation after eating a meal. Sour belching is also commonly seen. Sometimes, constipation and indigestion is also seen in people having acidity. Acidity can be treated by making changes in eating and lifestyle habits. This section offers some really good home remedies for acidity which you can try.
Our stomach produces gastric acids to aid digestion. But, their corrosive effects are neutralised by the production of natural bicarbonate and prostaglandins secreted in the mucous lining. When the production of these chemicals is interrupted then it leads to damaged stomach lining which causes acidity.
2. Consumption of spicy and non-vegetarian foods
3. Smoking and alcohol
5. Medications like non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs. Read more about why acidity is rising among youngsters.
The common signs and symptoms that you might experience are -
1. Burning in the stomach
2. Burning in the throat
6. Sour taste
Here are 10 home remedies for acidity that actually work -
• Bananas: one daily (or 2 elaichi kela)
• Cold milk: one glass a day especially in the morning
• Saunf or aniseed, flax seeds: one tsp each 2-3 times a day
• Jeera powder, asaefotida, ajwain: half teaspoon in a glass of buttermilk
• Clove: one-two in a day. Hold it between teeth and just press it.
• Elaichi: a pinch at least 2-3 times a week. It truly helps.
• Ginger: one inch in whole day in summers and 2 inces consumption in a day in winters.
• Amla: one pint Patanjali amala juice
Acidity can be prevented by the following methods:
1. Don’t consume spicy food
2. Eat more fruits and vegetables
3. Eat small, regular meals
4. Consume your last meal at least a few hours before sleeping
5. Chew tulsi leaves, cloves, saunf, etc.
6. Avoid medications like NSAIDs (non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs) and steroids
7. Reduce stress
HOMEOPATHIC REMEDIES FOR ACIDITY,GASES AND DIGESTIVE PROBLEMS
Nux Vomica: Best Homeopathic remedy for stomach problems Homeopathic medicine Nux Vomica is of great help in the treatment of various stomach problems. It is the best Homeopathic remedy for heartburn that occurs after taking coffee, spicy food or alcoholic drinks. Nux Vomica is also the ideal Homeopathic treatment for constipation. For using this medicine for constipation, the prominent indicating symptom is the constant urge to pass stool or poop but the stool is insufficient and unsatisfactory. Homeopathic medicine Nux Vomicais also used to relieve the heaviness and sensation of weight in the stomach after eating.
Pulsatilla: Top Homeopathic remedy for gastric problems after eating fatty food Pulsatilla is the best Homeopathic medicine to deal with the gastric problems that arise as a result of consuming fatty food like pastries, ice creams, ghee and butter. Most of the patients requiring this medicine have a complete absence of thirst. Homeopathic medicine Pulsatilla can also be used for treatment of loose stools. The prominent symptom to use this medicine in case of loose stools is the changing nature of stool every time it is passed. Chilliness also accompanies loose stool.
China: Homeopathic medicine for letting out gas from bloated abdomen China is the most efficient Homeopathic medicine to relieve the bloated abdomen where the whole abdomen is full of gas. The gas may also cause severe pain in the abdomen. China is also the ideal Homeopathic remedy for diarrhoea with extreme weakness. Diarrhoea consequent to eating fruits can be very efficiently treated with this Homeopathic medicine.
Arsenic Album: Top Homeopathic medicine for gastric trouble after food poisoning Arsenic Album is the best Homeopathic medicine for gastric troubles that occur as a result of food poisoning. The patients requiring the Homeopathic treatment of Arsenic Album have the symptoms of nausea, vomiting, loose stool and stomach pain. These complaints get worse after eating or drinking anything. The patient also feels an extreme burning sensation in stomach.
Lycopodium: Homeopathic medicine for stomach feeling full after eating very little Homeopathic medicine Lycopodium is an ideal remedy when the stomach feels full and there is a distention of abdomen even after eating very little. There is rolling of gas in stomach with burps that cause burning in the throat. Lycopodium is even the Homeopathic cure for acidity due to intake of farinaceous (starchy) and flatulent food.
The patients requiring this Homeopathic medicine at times also show a craving for hot drinks.