Lybrate.com has top trusted Gynaecologists from across India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 35 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Pune and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Swathi Gurute
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Swathi GuruteYour feedback matters!
I had undergone abortion in the month of August. Will the USG of whole abdomen will show the signs of my pregnancy or abortion?
Constipation is the most widely found problem of mankind. Almost the largest number of drugs, are available for the problem and largest sums of money are spent by people to get rid of it. Even then the medical science does not recognise it as a serious disease.
To some extent they are correct. Constipation is not a disease as such, it is merely a condition but it can be responsible for attacks of almost all diseases which are effecting the humans. Unfortunately it is also spreading wildly as the civilization is spreading and eating refined foods is becoming fashionable. Many drugs also cause constipation. If so the prescribing doctor should be immediately contacted for change of the prescription.
The present treatment of the condition is drugs of three different types.
B) Bulk forming
Lubricating drugs include various oils, milk of magnesia etc. These drugs lubricate the elementary canal and/or lubricate the faeces and thus facilitate the movement. These are the least damaging type of drugs. Yet they can make even undigested foods to pass through the system or cause diarrhoea.
Bulk forming drugs include isabgol, rice bran etc. When the bulk is increased the faeces move and are expelled faster. It should be remembered that these are just substitutes for the fibre which is lost during various processes adopted in kitchens. It is clearly foolishness to first throw away the natural fibre and replace it by purchasing substitutes from the market. Further rejected natural fibre carries away several essential nutrients with them, which are not replaced by the additives.
The agitating type drugs include several herbs and chemicals which are not acceptable to the system and therefore the system works extra harder to get rid of them. These ultimately tire out the system and weaken it. The weakened system requires more powerful drugs and the endless race starts. Thus this category causes maximum harm to the digestive system.
It is now obvious that all the above drugs are not the cure for constipation. These have only a onetime effect and can harm the system.
In fact the cure for constipation lies in life style itself. To get rid of it one should follow the following advice:
- Avoid refined foods.
- Eat maximum foods in raw form.
- Eat lots of salads and fruits so that there is enough fibre in the food.
- Avoid refined flour (Maida), polished rice etc.
- Do some regular exercise so that the body, including gut is in good health.
- Eat sprouted boiled pulses instead of pulses available in the market.
- Do not peel all those vegetables which can be used without peeling. Even if peeling is absolutely necessary do by minimum possible.
- Drink sufficient water. (Humans need about 3 litres of water every day).
- Try discharge faeces twice a day-Morning and Evening.
- Never ignore an urge. Attend to it as early as possible.
Even then sometimes the faeces become dry and hard. In all such cases instead of applying pressure it is better to take a plain water enema (Douche). It is totally harmless, does not form habit, and convenient to take. It is very important to get rid of constipation. Since constipation is the main cause of several diseases. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a yoga-and-naturopathy.
Hi I have irregular menses and got treatment for that I had given course for about six months now treatment got finished and I'm getting my periods regularly bt safe side doctor suggested me to use metformin 500 mg' tablets daily bt I want to clarify that is it safe that having sex and using that tablets is fine or not please give brief explanation thank you.
Sexual abuse of children may sound very scary and degrading, but the truth is it is a very prevalent problem. As much we may not want to believe, the number of boys and girls who are sexually abused, and that too by close family and friends is very high. This may be difficult to digest, but is the truth. The sexual abuse in male and female children is 50% in each group which is again unbelievable but true.
What is considered child sexual abuse?
Child sexual abuse includes touching and non-touching activity. Some examples of touching activity include:
- touching a child's genitals or private parts for sexual pleasure.
- making a child touch someone else's genitals, play sexual games or have sex putting objects or body parts (like fingers, tongue or penis) inside the vagina, in the mouth or in the anus of a child for sexual pleasure.
The thing to ponder, however, is that people who abuse children have a deeper problem. This could be due to a combination of social and psychological issues that the person is facing. Often helping identify the underlying problem could be a solution to the problem too, but this is rarely done. If you think a child could be subjected to abuse, look out for the following symptoms.
- A feeling of guilt or shame.
- Irritability and anger with minimal reasons.
- Mood swings, often uncommon in children.
- Feeling very isolated and sad.
- Very anxious and angry.
- Symptoms of withdrawal, not wanting to be left alone.
- Fatigue and pain in the back, legs.
- Loss of appetite, energy.
- Bruises (look out for these, which may not be in visible areas).
How to handle?
Given the fact that the offender is in close family and/or friends circle, the suspicion levels are quite low.
- The first step, therefore, is to open up and talk with either your parents or someone close.
- Look for support groups which can be very helpful.
- Do not be isolated though the urge is very strong.
- Build a daily schedule to ensure your routine continues (studies, work, etc.).
- Focus on exercise or other passions as they help you deviate your mind.
- Be sure to not be alone with the offender, stay in a group.
- Give out a strong message saying it is not acceptable, and do not keep quiet.
Homoeopathy can come rescue of the offender all well as the victim. If we see according to the point of view of who committed the crime, many reasons may come to the light and we can be treated accordingly. Usually, these criminals have a very painful and sad childhood. This could lead them to commit a crime like child abuse.
The following are the medicines to treat such people with anti-social behaviour-
- Nux V.
There are certain homoeopathic medicines which are helpful in the treatment of children who are victimized. The most common symptom is nightmares.
For treatment for actual physical and mental symptoms of the victim child, following homoeopathic medicines may help:
- Nat. mur.
Homeopathy is a safe and effective way to treat the victims as well as the culprits of sexual abuse. It focuses on the way patients have reacted to events and the personality of the patient. It helps to bring complete harmony of physical, mental and social well being.
If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a homeopath.
Hi I have married last before 5 years. But till today I have not get any baby. Please. Advise me for further treatment. I waiting For your reply.
We all tend to engage in some repetitive activities at various points in our lives. However, when a person continues to engage in the same activities which are rhythmic but purposeless, resulting in self-injury or injury to others, it is known as stereotypic movement disorder (SMD). In order to qualify as an SMD, the routine movements should continue for at least four weeks and should interfere with the daily functioning.
This disorder is more common in adolescent boys than in girls, and is associated with other mental conditions like Autism, intellectual disability (ID), and neurological disorders. The repeated actions tend to aggravate with frustration, boredom, stress, and anger. Some of the common movements include head banging, self-biting, nail biting, rocking, handshaking, waving into the air, putting objects in the mouth, and picking one’s own skin.
There is no known cause for this disease, though head injury and cocaine are said to cause SMD.
Treatment: Suspected children are diagnosed with SMD after a thorough clinical examination and interview with the parents is done. The treatment then includes a two-pronged approach—improving function and preventing injury.
- The environment is usually made safer so that even if the repetitive actions are being carried out, the damage done to the child is minimised. For instance, for a child who might be banging his/her head repeatedly, a helmet may be used.
- Antidepressants, in mild doses, may prove to be useful for some children to control their sadness, which is a trigger for the repetitive behaviour. Atypical antipsychotics such as risperidone or aripiprazole are also used for patients who might have associated autism symptoms.
- Another trigger is stress, which should be reduced for the child. This prevents the onset of repetitive action, which in turn prevents injury. The child is also trained on how to control his/her own emotions. For instance, children with this condition are taught to put their hands in their pocket if they get a strong urge to pick their own skin. This, when done over a period of time, can help control the habit.
- The child is also taught relaxation techniques, which can help in controlling the urge.
- Behavioural therapy approach known as differential reinforcement of other behaviours (DRO) is used where socially appropriate behaviours of the child are suitably rewarded. Over a period of time, this becomes a habit, and good behaviours are reinforced.
- Another behavioural approach called functional communication training (FTC) is used where the child uses alternative actions or verbal responses in place of the repetitive, harmful actions. This again is reinforced to form a habit with time.
All affected people can have significant reduction in symptoms with a combination of medications and counselling and supportive therapy. Early detection and intervention can help in curtailing the progression of the symptoms. Consult an Expert & get answers to your questions!