Lybrate.com has top trusted Pediatricians from across India. You will find Pediatricians with more than 31 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pediatricians online in Pune and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Paediatric Critical Care
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Child Nutrition Management
Growth And Development Including General Paediatri
Management of New Born Care
Preimplantation Genetic Diagnosis (Pgd)
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Treatment of Polycystic Ovary Syndrome In Adolesce
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Cleft Lip Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. SwapnilYour feedback matters!
since last 4 days my daughter was suffering from fever. I visited that clinic twice but doctor had prescribed same medicine like earlier and there was no relief at all. the sitiation became worst and I feel helpless. people are sumply thinking about making income by calling patient twive and thrice. will never visit Vatsalya clinic again. sorry
Are there any long-term effects associated with taking ADHD (attention deficit hyperactivity disorder) medications? If so, what are they and what medications are implicated?
My kid is facing motion problem from last one month and also dejection is very less. Can you suggest what will be solutions for this. Thanks
What food I have to give my 17 month boy baby? Please suggest what foods have protein that I can give to baby.
My 2 year old girl child is 9.5 kg. Her birth weight is 1.945 kg. Is it okay with her. Please help me with a good diet plan for her.
My daughter had met with an accident at the age five had injured in righ side forehead, now she is nine years old, scar is now more visible looking odd, kindly suggest a remedy for this? Is plastic surgery is advisable?
My son is 11 years old. Studying 6th std. He is interested in all, except education. If we tell you read or write, immediately he is change his feelings. And also very aggressive and laziness with recklessness. Please suggest me to get interest on education and to listening my words.
Hello My baby is not passing out potty from last two days. He is only depends on mother feed. What should I do. Is it normal.
My 3 year old baby is sick with a temperature of 100 degrees she can not keep anything down including liquids. What should I do?
Hlo. Mera baby ek month ka h or jb se wo hua h din m km se km 20 br potty kr deta h or br br gas pas out krta h jb b gass pas out krta h kuch pani jesa liquid b niklta h poty k sath b niklta h m ky kru please koi solution btao.
You might think, as a parent, that if you behave strictly then your child will become well-behaved. But research and studies have shown that the opposite happens. Strict parenting leads to children who behave worse than others and they suffer from low self-esteem.
Some other reasons why being strict is harmful:
- Never learning self-regulation: Responsibility and self-discipline have to be learned by the children themselves. When you put harsh limits on them, they never learn self-regulation. If they think the limits don’t sound too harsh, they will learn to accept them. But the limits placed on them should never be controlling. If this happens, children see themselves as being controlled and no one enjoys being controlled.
- Instilling fear: If you are being authoritarian (parenting in which there are high demands and low sympathy) instead of empathetic, then your children will become scared of you. You are instilling the power of fear in them. This triggers a vicious chain of events. When you yell, they will yell as well.
- Anger and depression: Authoritarian parenting often leads to children believing a part of them is unacceptable. They feel that their parents would not understand. It makes them susceptible to anger management issues and depression.
- Blindly obeying those in power: Children raised up in strict households start thinking power is always right. They learn to obey blindly. This makes them vulnerable to peer pressure. They also never learn to take responsibility for their actions.
- Rebelling: Children tend to be angrier and become rebellious when they have strict parents. The need to break free and not conform to the non-empathetic limits that forces them to act out. They might even nurture thoughts about leaving home and running away.
- Lying: Strict parenting creates excellent liars. Children learn to lie when they are in trouble. They think lies will placate their parents and they can get away with anything.
- Damage to parent-child relationship: If you are strict and you don’t change your authoritarian ways, then it damages your relationship with your children. Natural empathy is lacking in strict parents. You don’t understand your child, and your child doesn’t feel like sharing their lives with you. It creates a divide between the parent and child. Children never quite get over this as they grow older. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor and ask a free question.
My baby had varicella vaccination on March 11th 2015, cane swine flu vaccine be given to her on 27th, please need reply soon ?
My daughter is 4 months and 1 week old. Still she did not get her head balance. When can I expect stiffness in her neck and back muscle?
Hi doctor I have 13 months baby. I went to doctor for baby 12 months vaccination and next day my baby got cold and cough. I have given her Relent syrup for 7 days but still her nose is running. Doctor told to me to give steam to baby but which nebulizer medicine should I used to get rid off this cold. Should I use in warm water or normal also any other medicine which should I use to get rid off.
Dear doctor my daughter is 16 years, in 2014 she got typhoid, and again its repeat after that she is suffring from stomach pain hum ne saare bade hospitals me dikha liya magar koi faida nahi hua A to Z saare test karva liye magar kuch nahi nikla. Lakin stomach pain theak he nahi ho raha, medanta,fortis, colombia asia, jaise hospitals me dekha liya unk hisab se jo test kaha sab kara liye magar kuch nahi mila uski study bi distrub ho rahi hai pls help.
Hello doctor what should I do to increase my breast milk and my child crossed one month still her weight is same as born weight please suggest what to do.
Hello doctor, my baby in 3 months old. He is not passing stool by himself. Our doctor prescribed glycerine suppository in every 2/3 days. Baby is fully breast fed and active with frequent urine. Please suggest if regular usage of suppositories can be avoided by any other means?
Child Aphasia is complex disorder that is caused by damage to parts of the brain that controls language and speech. This disorder affects the child's ability to express herself through words and understand the speech of other people. The severity of the problem depends on the extent of the damage as well as the location of the damage. Since this is not a birth disorder, therefore, you should be much more careful as so you notice that your kid is facing language disorder. A speech pathologist can diagnose language disorders and teach your child strategies to help.
What are the leading symptoms of aphasia in kids?
- Not understanding speech is one of the most common symptoms. Most patients cannot understand spoken or written language. Typically in these cases, the patient suffers from fluent Aphasia, which is caused by damage to the left temporal lobe of the brain. The patient's speech might seem meaningless and incoherent with lots of unnecessary words being used. The child usually becomes upset when people don't understand what he is saying.
- Patients suffering from this disorder also have trouble expressing their thoughts and understanding language and they often take more time to communicate. Only short sentences are used by these patients with words often left out, making the sentence sound incomplete. Such children suffer from non-fluent Aphasia where they understand what others are saying, but cannot communicate or speak well themselves. Their speech is almost similar to that of telegraphic languages that are usually followed by those toddlers who are just learning how to speak.
- Some children suffering from Aphasia might have trouble repeating words even though they don't have problem understanding what others are saying. These children suffer from conduction Aphasia and will be able to reproduce only parts of a sentence, if asked to repeat.
- Children affected with this disorder may see to be not listening to you or ignore you.
- Such kids might also have behavioral problems and may not be able to keep up with their friends and classmates. They will also suffer from forgetfulness.
Causes of Aphasia: The leading cause of Aphasia is brain injury, brain infection, brain tumour or abscess or bleeding in the brain.
Diagnosis of the disease: The disorder is diagnosed by a speech therapist who assesses the condition with a variety of tools to figure out the extent of damage. Its best to take your child to a paediatric speech pathologist who is an expert in treating children with brain injuries. The child will then be assessed on auditory comprehension, verbal expression, reading and writing ability and functional communication.
Treatment: There are many people who think that the speech trouble cannot be treated, but they are completely wrong. There are various ways to treat Aphasia. The younger the patient the better the chances of recovery since the brain is not that developed to handle specific functions in kids as in adults. The treatment will depend on the severity of the condition and the goal that is to be achieved. Factors behind this trouble need to be determined first otherwise the perfect treatment cannot be decided. Some of the most prominent factors are aphasia type, brain-injury cause, age, brain-lesion size and positioning and others.
Some of the leading tips that can be applied as per Association of National Stroke are as follows:
- Using props can be helpful in getting across messages.
- Speaking slowly and staying calm while speaking.
- Drawing pictures or words on paper for communication.
If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a pediatrician.