Lybrate.com has top trusted General Surgeons from across India. You will find General Surgeons with more than 34 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Surgeons online in Pune and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Swamy Jyoti
Kidney Stones Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Corn Removal Procedure
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Varicose Vein Laser Treatment
Hernia Repair Surgery
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Treatment Of Deep Vein Thrombosis - Dvt
Male Breast Reduction Treatment
Prostate Laser Surgery
Gastric Bypass Surgery
Treatment of Bone Marrow Transplantation
Vascular Surgery Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Swamy JyotiYour feedback matters!
I am 62 years Male suffering from Prostate Enlargement for the last 4 years. Now I am planning to go for TURP which is suggested by Urologist. Now I understand that Laser surgery for this is available which is painless and bloodless where recovery is reported to be very fast unlike conventional surgery. Please inform me which is best type of surgery ie. Either conventional or laser surgery.(weight of the gland is 140 gms.
Sir meri mom ki age 48 h unke face pr bahut itching rehti h khujli hone lgti h nd face pr black black b ho rehta plzz koi facewash btaiye nd home remedy b.
Skin disorders include a wide range of conditions and may be a sign of illness so it is important to make a proper diagnosis and also make sure you are properly treating it. Everybody is eager to keep his Skin healthy and glowing. Let’s discuss some of the Skin disorders and how to take care of it.
Skin disorders are related to epidermis- the outermost layer of Skin.
Few examples of Skin disorders are:
- Acne: It is a condition in which the over-active oil glands and dead cells clog the pores resulting in pimples. It mostly occurs in teen age. There are different forms of acne such as blackheads, whiteheads, pustules, papules, nodules or cysts. They mostly involve the face, neck, back and shoulders. If left untreated it may cause blemishes and scarring.
- Melasma or dark spots on face or cholasma: Melasma or cholasma or mask of pregnancy is tan or dark skin discolouration on both side of the face. It can affect anyone melasma is particularly common in women, especially pregnant women and those who are taking oral or patch contraceptive or hormone replacement therapy (HRT).
- Corns: The thick hardened layer of skin caused by friction and pressure. It is annoying, potentially painful condition that form thickened skin mostly bottom of the foot, between toes, fingers, palm etc involved. It is recurrent in nature after surgery or removal, it comes back again and again. By homeopathy, it goes permanently without surgery in 15 days only.
- Warts: warts are typically small rough and hard growth that is similar in color to the rest of skin. They do not result in any symptom. Mostly caused by human papilloma virus. Common wart ( verruca vulgaris) -
- Flat wart ( verruca plana)
- Genital wart
- Filiform wart
- Plantar wart
- Vitiligo: It is a loss of skin colour in patches due to skin loses pigment cell or melanocytes. This result in discoloured white patches in different areas of the body. Best treatment available only in homeopathy.
- Fungal infection: Very common like athlete’s foot, jock itch, ringworm, and yeast infection. Circular red raised rash with elevated edges, redness in groin or thigh, flaking, peeling or cracking of skin, itching, chafing or burning in the groin are marked symptom. Recurrency is marked.
- Eczema: - It is the inflammation of Skin often referred to as dermatitis. It is characterized by excessive itching, dry and scaly eruption with redness. It may occur at any age but most common in infants and children. Its cause is unknown. The different forms of Eczema are
- Atopic eczema
- Irritant contact eczema
- Allergic contact eczema
- Infantile seborrhoeic eczema
- Adult seborrhoeic eczema
- Varicose eczema
- Discoid eczema
- Psoriasis: - It is a condition characterized by thick, red, swollen patches covered by silvery white scales. It mostly involves scalp, face, lower back, elbows, knees, fingernails, and toenails. It may occur at any age. People with severe Psoriasis may have social embarrassment, job stress and emotional distress due to the appearance of the Skin. There are different types of Psoriasis:
- Plaque Psoriasis is characterized by raised scaly patches covered with white silvery scales.
- Pustular Psoriasis appears in the form of raised bumps filled with noninfectious pus. The Skin surrounding the pustules is red and tender.
- Generalized pustular Psoriasis
- Persistent palmoplantar pustulesis
- Annular pustular Psoriasis
- Acrodermatitis continua
- Impetigo herpetiformis
- Guttate Psoriasis appears as red, tiny dots and the lesions may have some scaling. It may occur afte the bacterial or viral infection.
- Psoriatic Arthritis is a chronic inflammatory arthritis that develops with Psoriasis. It is most commonly a seronegative Oligoarthritis.The course of Psoriatic Arthritis is usually characterized by flares and remissions. The pattern is as follows
- Asymmetrical oligoarticular arthritis.
- Symmetrical polyarthritis.
- Distal interphalangeal arthropathy.
- Arthritis mutilans.
- Spondylitis with or without ileitis.
- Acne Rosacea: - Rosacea is characterized by redness and pimples over the area of face. It mainly affects the forehead, lower half of nose and chin. It mostly occurs in woman and fairer Skin people. It mainly occurs in 30 to 40 yrs of age. It may be caused due to environmental or hereditary factors.
- Pruritus or Itching: - Pruritus referred to as tingling sensation of Skin resulting in excessive scratching. It may be due to Skin diseases, internal disorders or external factors. Common causes being fungal infections, athlete’s foot, candidiasis, pruritus vulva, pruritus ani, chicken pox and parasitic manifestations.
- Dry Skin and keratodermatitis: - Due to use of ordinary soaps, very cold, hot or dry weather or use of any chemicals.
- Alopecia areata : sudden hair loss that starts with one or more circular bald patches that may overlap, it is autoimmune disease.
- Hairfall: androgenetic hair loss is seen in both men and women but is more dramatic in men .thyroid disease , anemia ,protein deficiency, chemotherapy, and low vitamin levels may cause hair loss.
- Dandruff: dandruff can have several causes including dry skin, not cleaning / scrubbing often enough , shampooing too often, affects mainly the scalp. Symptoms include flaking and sometimes mild ithchiness. If more severe form of the condition which includes inflammation of the skin is known as seborrhic dermatitis.
- Dermatitis: - Dermatitis is a condition characterized by inflammation of Skin with itch and redness. The common causes are redness, swelling, itching and lesions. Types are:
Homeopathy Treatment for Skin Disorders:
The homeopathic approach for Skin problems is the constitutional approach where the patient answers a list of questions, based on which the analysis and evaluation of the case is done and a proper constitutional therapies is selected.
As homeopathy believes we need to treat the man in disease and not the disease in man. As Skin disorders are the end results of inner, emotional stress.many homeopathic medicines like pulsatilla, sepia, natrum mur, staphysgaria, calcarea carb, sulphur etc.
Homeopathy also doesn’t believe in treating the Skin disorders by local ointments and creams, rather it prefers the oral therapies which go deep into the system. We also have specialist for Skin Cancer Treatment.
Tips for healthy and glowing Skin:
- Drink 6 to 8 glasses of water per day to keep your Skin moist.
Regular exercise to maintain Skin elasticity.
Protect Skin from UV rays.
Apply moisturizer after warm face wash to restore the oil keep Skin hydrated.
Get good sleep.
Wash your face daily mostly before going to bed.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
Hi I wanna know about solution for preventing skin problem due to the hot climate so please tell any solution or any cream like sunscreen lotion which will be better to use wen going outside.
I am 25 year old male and have acne and black spot on my face. What should I do now? I don't drink coffee. I don't smoke. So help me.
I am 23 year old. I have been getting fraxel treatments and have got 3 treatments so far on my forehead and cheeks. Can I apply multani matti 10 days after treatment?
Good afternoon sir/madm My name is rajesh 21M from jalandhar, punjab, india My query is that, I have pimples over last 4 years. I used lot of medicines, creams and various product but I didn't find any change yet. So please can you help me to get rid of pimples and dark circles. Thanks in advance.
I have skin irritation problem since 5-6 months. I have to take citrezin every 4th day. Then I feel better. What should I do?
Photodamaged skin is a disorder which is mainly caused due to overexposure to the sun. This is why it is also referred to as sun damaged skin. The sun’s rays causes the naturally occurring oils of the skin to evaporate that eventually leads to dry skin. Once the skin is dried out, the UV rays from the sun can burn it which in turn causes the disorder.
Types of Photodamaged Skin
Sun damage to the skin is not limited to just a single form. In fact, there can be 4 distinct types in which the disorder can affect the skin.
- Dry Skin- This causes the skin to flake off and look wrinkled in the process.
- Sunburn- When your skin is slightly over-exposed to the sun, it may become red and painful. However, greater exposure may even cause blisters and other forms of boils to appear over the skin’s surface.
- Actinic keratosis- A more permanent form of sun damage, Actinic keratosis results in the formation of a small patch of scaly eruptions on the skin. This does not go away on its own and needs to be removed by a physician.
- Long-term changes- If the exposure to the sun continues for a considerably long period of time, it may cause permanent damage to the structural protein in the skin. Photo-ageing or premature ageing may be one of the long-term changes.
Effective homeopathic treatment for sun damaged skin
Homeopathy treats the underlying cause of the sun damage and not just the external area of the skin where the damage has occurred. This is why the practitioners will first conduct a complete checkup of the patient to know about the normal skin condition of that person. Some people tend to have oily skin while others are predisposed to have drier skin. The people with dry skin are at greater risk of sun damage, as compared to those who possess oily skin.
Certain homeopathic medications are devised to treat mild sunburn while others are effective against the photodamaged skin cases of greater severity. For instance, the medicine extracted from Cantharis sp. is a great homeopathic medicine for treating sun damaged skin where blisters are also visible. However, the medicine extracted from the plant Belladonna is used in case the sunburn has only caused redness and no other symptoms.
At any rate, patients are recommended to avoid exposing their skin to the sun, as continued exposure can lead to skin cancers as well. In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!