Lybrate.com has top trusted Gynaecologists from across India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 31 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Pune and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Sushruta MokadamYour feedback matters!
I am 24 weeks pregnant. My health condition is good but sometimes I feel very depressed, tension and nervous .how can I ignore this problem?
My friend has a history of people pcos since ten years. And is on Ocp since a year. She had unprotected sex on the 15th day of her cycle but the guy did not ejaculated in her. She had missed her Ocp a day prior. Should she take emergency contraceptive in spite of being on Ocp since a year. What are chances she'll conceive?
My wife is diagnosed with PCOS and advised to take oral contraceptive pill yasmin from the 1st day of the menstrual cycle. After consuming the tablet she began to suffer from severe gas accompanied by vomiting and dizziness. She gave up taking the from the 5th day as the problem increased further. I would like to know whether it will have any adverse affect for discontinuation of the pills. Also suggest me any other alternatives available for curing PCOS other than oral contraceptive pills. Please advise.
Madam, I am 21 year old I had my last periods on 28th Jan and I had unprotected sex on 5 Feb evening and then took unwanted 72 on 8 th morning then on 25 th I have bleeding which is Brown in colour and it stops on next day morning mam please help me I am quite stressed please and I also had a protected sex on 16 th.
Hi I am 34 years old. I got married in past 4 years I could not conceive. I have undergone all the treatments. Kindly help me.
I got married in 2016 December my dream is to get twins please suggest me mam/sir. We r following all methods nd positions of sex.
Hi , I am a 27 years old female. I had unprotected sexual contact on 1st July that resulted in minor cuts around the vaginal opening to which I used coconut oil for relief. Following this, on 4th july I suffered from high fever and minor urine discomfort/infection to which I used, amoxicillin, twice a day combiflam thrice a day and alkasol for three consecutive days. This brought relief from fever and urine infection. However, the fever didn't go away completely and the cuts near the vagina started causing more discomfort to which I opted for norfloxin and combiflam again on 8th july and saw a gyna on 9th july morning. I shaved my pubic hair the same morning before seeing the doctor, she advised me betadine to apply on the cuts and did not see any trace of infection so stopped all my medications. Just to mention here that I got my periods on 9th July morning as well. Now post visiting the doctor, I again had fever the same night (9th july) but felt better on 10th through the day. On 10th evening, while taking a shower I figured small pimples have popped up near the vaginal area and by the time I saw the doctor on 11 th evening, pimples were turned into boils and I had fever too. The doctor advised ciprobid (500 mg) & bcasule twice a day + combiflam thrice a day. I had high fever last night (12th) and rhe boils burst causing pain bleeding and water outburst. I have a burning feeling where the boils are and severe headache not to mention ongoing weakness. I pee in discomfort and have excreted in two days. I am on a normal regular three meal diet, no change. Please advice any other medication, change of routine to get rid of the pain and bleeding boils.
I had intercourse on my ovulation day now I want yo know when should I check to know whether m pregnant or not? Like it was 19th of Jan my ovulation day m I expecting because I feel some disturbance in my stomach also it was aching on the ovulation day near my right abdomen.
Any kind of bleeding from the uterus, which is not normal, can be termed as abnormal uterine bleeding. This refers to bleeding between periods or before periods, bleeding after having sex, spotting, abnormally heavy bleeding or bleeding after attaining menopause. If you are suffering from any of these issues, you need to check with the doctor.
It is very important to diagnose abnormal uterine bleeding. There are several examinations and tests that have to be carried out, depending on age. For irregular spotting, a pregnancy test can be undertaken in case you think you could be pregnant. If your uterine bleeding is very heavy, a test has to be performed to check blood count. This is done to observe whether you have anemia. An ultrasound test of the pelvic region will also be advised by your doctor to know the cause of the bleeding. Several hormonal tests and thyroid function tests are required as well.
Other diagnostic tests include:
- Sonohysterography: When fluid is placed within the uterus and ultrasound images of the uterus are taken. An image of the pelvic organs is obtained.
- Hysteroscopy: It can be carried out when a device is inserted via the vagina and enables the doctor to examine the uterus internally.
- Magnetic resonance imaging: This is also used to get images of the organs.
- Endometrial biopsy: It involves insertion of a catheter to take out a tissue which is microscopically observed. Mirena is also inserted if ultrasound and biopsy is normal to control bleeding.
There are different types of treatment for abnormal uterine bleeding depending upon factors such as the cause of bleeding and the age of the patient.
- Medications: Several medicines are used to treat abnormal uterine bleeding. Sometimes hormonal medicines are used. Birth control pills are also used to improve the regularity of periods. Hormonal infections, vaginal creams and an IUD device releasing hormone can be used. Non steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs are also used to control bleeding. Several antibiotics may also be prescribed.
- Surgery: In some cases of abnormal uterine bleeding, a woman has to undergo a surgery for the removal of growth such as polyps and fibroids, which results in bleeding. While some fibroids can be removed via hysteroscopy, others require different techniques for treatment.
- Endometrial ablation: It can be undertaken to control bleeding. This mode of treatment aims at reducing the bleeding permanently. In case all treatment methods fail, hysterectomy has to be carried out. This is a serious surgery and after it is performed, a woman does not have periods anymore and will not be able to conceive a child.
Abnormal uterine bleeding is a serious health condition, which may lead to severe complications. Immediate diagnosis and appropriate treatment methods should be undertaken in case of any abnormal uterine bleeding. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Gynaecologist.
Hello doctor, my baby boy of 3 months and 10 days is not take sufficient Brest milk. Though we are trying to feed him several times. In this situation last Monday and Tuesday day I also feed him Nestle Nan pro stage 1. But he is not interest to feed the artificial milk and also suffering constipation. Should I continued to feed him the Nestle Nan Pro 1 or only feed him mothers breast milk.
Peer pressure is always difficult to deal with, especially when it comes to sex. Many girls feel the pressure from friends to have sex before they're ready, which is why it's so important to have the confidence to say no to something you don't feel ready to do.
Just because your friends are having sex or say they're having sex doesn't mean that you have to as well! you might feel like everyone is doing it, but you will soon realize that this is not the case. Your friends may talk about sex in a casual manner. If you have a good group of friends, they should not be pressuring you into doing something that you're not ready to do.
Pressure from magazines, celebrities and peers can all contribute to the pressure that you may feel. On tv, sex is displayed in such a casual way, however you should remember that sex is actually a really big deal! you need to make sure that you're completely confident and comfortable with your decision if you do decide to have sex. Think carefully how you feel yourself about having sex, as this is the first step in handling the peer pressure. It's okay to have fun when you're a teenager, but equally you need to respect yourself enough to say no I'm not ready and your peers should respect that too. When making the decision to have sex, consider whether peer pressure is influencing your decision or if it's something that you have decided that you are ready to do. Once you've had sex for the first time you can't go back, so make sure it's a decision that you won't regret.
Remember that there is no certain age that you are expected to have sex a lot of people wait until they're married! everybody is different and will mature and feel ready at different ages, so just because your friend is doing it and feels ready now, this does not mean that you should feel that way too. Don't ever have sex just to fit in with your friends, as they will respect you more if you stick to your morals and don't do things just because you're pressured to.
If you're worried about peer pressure, know that you're not alone. Hang out with friends who understand you and also believe that it's okay to wait to have sex. If you're going on a first date, go along with friends so it's not just you and your date. This way, if you feel worried that you might be pressured into doing something you don't want to, you won't be alone. Think of what you would say in advance if anyone tries to pressure you in the future, so that you're not caught off guard or feel like you have to do something you don't want to. You are never obliged to have sex with someone, so even if they try to make you feel guilty never do something that you don't want to do, as it's always your decision. Sex is not something that you should rush into, so take your time until you feel 100% ready to take the next step. Respect yourself, your morals and your body and when the time is right to take the next step, you will know.
I had miscarriage on 6 december 2016 .now after 4 months we want to plan again. Doctor asked to go for torch test and it came positive. Rubella igM 3.98 herpes 5.98 cytomgla igG 3.05.doctor said to plan on pregnancy but nothing can be done to control these antibodies that has been developed due to infection. Another doctor advised rovamycin forte to treat infection. And advised not to plan baby for 3 months. I M VERY CONFUSED please ADVICE WHAT TO DO. IF I CONCEIVE WILL THERE B ANY ABNORMALITY IN BABY DUE TO THESE VIRUS. SEEKING your ADVICE. THNK YOU.
Dear Doctor, Me and my girlfriends are planning for an intercourse. My girlfriend is a virgin and this is the 1st time for both of us. So I have 2 doubts. Please advice 1. I heard there will be bleeding for girl at 1st sex if we do will it need any treatment. Will it cause any physical problem. 2. I'm going to use condom, I heard there are some possibility of pregnancy due to damage of condom or tearing of condom if it happen what can I do please advice.
The date is one of the most nourishing fruits. It is a food of great importance. The date is a food of high nutritional value.It provides natural sugar in the form of glucose and fructose. This is ready for immediate absorption and is, Therefore infinitely superior to cane - sugar. It is usually taken raw or with milk, which makes it highly nutritious in most rrspects
Dates are easily digested, they are very useful for supplying energy and repairing waste.. The nicotinic content in dates is an excellent remedy for intestinal disturbance.
The date is alxative food. ITIS highly beneficial in the treatment of constipation as the roughage provided by it stimulates sluggish bowels.
Dates are an effective remedy for weak heart. Dated soaked overnight in water and crushed in the same water in the morning after removing the seeds should be taken at least twice a week in this condition. It will strengthen the heart.
Hi Doctors, I want to sex with my wife without condom, actually we do not need a baby till 2 year, so please advice me which time period of woman is safe for sex without condom, so that we can enjoy the sex without condom.
A Pap smear test helps in detecting the signs and onset of cervical cancer. This test helps in pointing at the presence of any suspicious cells that may require further examination and testing with the help of an oncologist. You will enjoy a negative result in case you have a normal reading during the examination process and no further treatment will be required. Yet, you will be asked to go through the test on a regular basis. But here is what happens if you have an abnormal reading.
- Positive Result: You are said to have a positive result, if you any unusual or abnormal cells were found during this Pap Smear Test. While this may not necessarily mean that you have cervical cancer, it can show what kind of abnormal cells are present in this area of your body. The doctor will check for the following things after a positive result.
- ASCUS: This is also known as Atypical Squamous Cells of Undetermined Significance. This is a liquid based test that will seek to study the thin and flat squamous cells that may be found on the surface of a perfectly healthy and normal cervix. This test will check for the presence of any virus that may lead to the development of cancer and to determine the level of risk to the patient. Further, if there is any high risk virus, then further treatment and testing will be required.
- Squamous Intraepithelial Lesion: When some of the cells that have been extracted during the Pap Smear test turn out to be precancerous, then they are Squamous Intraepithelial Lesions. In many cases, it takes a few years for these lesions to turn cancerous especially when the changes are low grade, which pertains to the size, shape and other features of the same. If a high grade lesion is detected, then diagnostic testing in the form of imaging tests may be required.
- Atypical Glandular Cells: These mucus producing cells grow within the cervical opening and usually spread into the uterus as well. While they may appear abnormal, it is difficult to tell whether or not they are cancerous, especially in the early stages.
- Squamous Cell Cancer: This is an almost certain reading of the growth of cancer in the cervix. When a reading from the Pap Smear includes such a finding, the doctor will recommend immediate evaluation.
- Colposcopy: Once you have had a positive reading with any of the above findings, the doctor will perform this procedure with sample tissue extracted during a biopsy. This will be done with the use of a special magnifying tool known as a colposcope to examine the cervix, vagina and vulva tissues. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Gynaecologist.
Sex was unprotected. On 20th of april. And my period got over on 15of April. I took ipill. Got withdrawal bleeding for about 8 days. Today is the day of period but not got period. Can I be pregnant?
Tummy tuck or abdominoplasty is a frequently performed cosmetic procedure which is meant to improve the looks or appearance of your abdominal region. The primary goal of this procedure is to remove excess skin or fat from the abdominal region and then reconnect the tissues with sutures to get a more toned and flat look.
The requirement for abdominoplasty:
The tummy tuck surgery is for someone who has folds of fat or skin on their abdominal region that results in an unsightly appearance and causes body image issues. These problems may be caused by multiple factors, some of which are mentioned below:
- Significant weight loss: Men or women who have lost a lot of weight tend to have excess loose skin on their bodies as a result of the skin being stretched over a long period of time.
- Pregnancy: Many women who have gone through multiple pregnancies also have similar problems as the skin in their abdominal region tends to stretch over multiple times which may result in the skin becoming flabby.
- You have a weak lower abdominal wall: Some patients tend to generally have a weak lower abdominal wall which over the years tends to protrude and hang. This results in a misshapen body which they want to correct for body image issues.
- To correct scarring from C section: Many women who give birth via C-section tend to have a scar on their body and some abdominal contouring can change the shape and size of the scar, which in turn not only tightens the tummy but also hides the scars.
Considerations before abdominoplasty:
Abdominoplasty isn't recommended if you fall under any of the following categories:
- Still have to lose weight: If you have to lose a lot of weight, then it is advised that you wait till your goal weight is reached and only then consider this procedure. Abdominoplasty isn't meant to reduce weight, but to take out excess skin and flab that remains after weight loss
- Plan on becoming pregnant again: If you are planning to become pregnant again, then the muscles and tissues in your abdomen might loosen and cause a flabby belly again.
- If you have heart disease or other conditions: If you have heart related conditions or are diabetic, then abdominoplasty won't be considered as it might put you at high risk of complications after surgery.
I had a sex with my wife on 3 April but I don't know whether I used precaution or not and she period time is 28 April but she had not coming so what the reason of it if she pregnant how to check it. And if she pregnant and we don't what the baby what to do please help me.
Vitamin C is one of the most important nutrients which play an absolutely pivotal role in protecting your body from a number of diseases and disorders, such as flu and colds. Additionally, it helps in boosting the body's calcium synthesis abilities, in rebuilding of damaged blood vessels and bones as well as tissue repair and boosting of overall immunity of the body. It is an essential part of the diet and should not be overlooked in any case.
Some of the major foods, which are a rich source of Vitamin C are as follows:
- Citrus Fruits: Citrus fruits, including limes, lemons, tangerines, oranges, grapefruits etc. are one of the most popular sources of vitamin C in the world, and are laden with a high number of good properties.
- Strawberries: One of the healthiest and tastiest berries, strawberries are not only rich in vitamin C, they are rich in fiber and antioxidants as well. They help in protecting the heart from excessive cholesterol and in reducing levels of oxidative stress.
- Papayas: One of the most excellent sources of vitamin C, papayas have been known to supply almost 100% of your daily Vitamin C needs in a single serving. Additionally, they are also a great source of Vitamin A.
- Kiwis: Research has found that levels of vitamin C found in kiwis are substantially higher than oranges; something which makes this New Zealand native one of the most lucrative vitamin C options on the planet. Additionally, kiwis have also been found to improve the functioning of the respiratory tract in children as well as adults and are also rich in flavonoids and minerals like potassium.
- Guavas: One guava contains over 250mg of vitamin C, which is approximately twice the amount of what your body requires daily. Apart from being a storehouse of vitamin C, it is also rich in folic acid, dietary fiber and minerals like manganese and potassium.
- Melons: Melons such as cantaloupe not only supply a high quantity of vitamin C, they are also rich in potassium and vitamin A. Other melons like watermelons also provide you with almost 112% of your regular Vitamin C requirements.
- Tomatoes: Tomatoes, irrespective of whether they are bright red or sun dried, provide almost 170% of your daily Vitamin C requirements in only one serving.
Related Tip: "3 Symptoms to Identify Vitamin D Deficiency"