Lybrate.com has top trusted Gynaecologists from across India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 28 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Pune and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Sushrut
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. SushrutYour feedback matters!
Fishes are depositories of the good nutrients that are essential for maintaining the optimal health of the human body. Broadly speaking, fishes have high protein and low-fat content, which helps to boost up the metabolism and immunity of the body. A fish meat in the diet is very often suggested by doctors for women during their pregnancy, even to the women who are vegetarians.
There are certain dishes which are low on mercurial content and high on minerals and beneficial acids, which are recommended to consume during pregnancy. These include fishes like Salmon, Anchovies, Herring, Sardines, Trout, Pollock, Catfish, Atlantic and Pacific Mackerel. As per the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) and the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) pregnant women can safely eat up to 12 ounces (340 grams) of seafood in a given week. Here are certain reasons which make fish consumption essential for a pregnant woman.
- The presence of omega-3 fatty acids - One of the main highlights of fish meat is Omega-3 fat or Omega-3 fatty acids. It is a form of unsaturated fatty acid that is commonly found in fish oils secreted by the meat of the fish. These acids, mainly help the baby to develop its brain and the eyesight faster and better. Additionally, it also helps in energy storage, oxygen transport, cell membrane function, and regulation of inflammation in the mother's body.
- Low Fat Substitute - It is a known fact that fishes are rich sources of protein and vitamins like Vitamin C and D. They are usually low on all forms of fat, saturated fat and fatty acids. This helps to avoid fat accumulation in the fetus as well as in the mother's body.
- Better development of the baby - It is a scientifically proven fact that, higher fish consumption by women during their pregnancy is associated with increased cognitive scores, and decreased the risk of autistic symptoms (a brain development disorder found in children).
Conclusively, fishes have always been a desirable food to consume during pregnancy by women. But, you should always be careful while fish consumption, due to pollutants like mercury and PCBs (Polychlorinated biphenyls, which is a form of a chemically reactive substance), which are harmful to the baby as well as the mother.
I have had regular periods. For the past 1 month I have started to exercise and diet to reduce weight. I have lost nearly 3 kg. But I have not got my periods yet. I should have got it a week back but I m still counting. Is this a serious issue or should I wait.
Hi my wife now 29 week pregnant having mcda twins now babies are both 1 kg so can i have sex with her ? it's advisable or not let me know Thanks.
Continuous pressure on skin often results in injuries to the underlying tissues, causing what are generally known as skin sores. Though they generally occur in areas that cover bony areas like hips, ankles and tail bones, the part below the waist is most susceptible to them.
There are multiple reasons that cause bed sores. Some common causes include:
- Poor nutrition
However there are other more important causes that contribute to this disease. They are:
1. Constant pressure: Continuous immobility often causes pressure on the skin that further damages it and the underlying tissues. Tail bone, hip bone, ankles and heels are more prone to bed sores due to lack of movement. However similar damage is also detected in elbows, spine and ribs.
2. Friction: The friction that is caused when the skin rubs against another surface or when two layers of skin rub against each other, those that were moving in two opposite directions also result in bedsores. Sudden sliding down the chair or being transferred from a bed to a stretcher are common reasons behind it.
3. Excessive moisture: Bed sores are also caused by excessive moisture that softens the skin and also reduces its resistance. Profuse perspiration and unchecked urination are important causes. If untreated immediately there are plenty of complications that arise from this disease. Few of them are:
- Infections: Skin sore causes multiple infections on the body like Cellulitis and Osteomyelitis. Cellulitis results in painful, red swelling of the skin that often oozes out fluid. On the other hand in Osteomyelitis, an infection is caused in the bone resulting in swelling over the affected area. Blood infection called Bacteremia is also caused due to skin sores.
- Septic arthritis: In this there is severe pain and swelling of a joint making it hot, red and tender.
- Meningitis: Caused by the infection of the fluid around brain and spine, this disease causes severe headache with stiff neck and nausea.
- Squamous Skin cancer: This occurs if the skin sores remain unchecked for a long period of time. In this, the skin feels patchy and often bleeds.
I am planning for baby and In last month period date of my wife was 22 Feb but in march date extended to 29 March and so I am very confuse on which date I start sex with my wife Pl tell me becoz in last month I considered next period will be on 22 March and done sex as per minus 14 days but period came on 29 March Pl tell me exact date to start sex becoz we want baby.
- a person suffering from insomnia wakes up often during night and have trouble in going back to sleep again.
- or wakes up too early in morning
- or failure to maintain sleep
- or difficulty in falling asleep or the person goes late to sleep and feels very tired after waking uo.
Types of insomia- insomnia can be primary or secondary
Primary insomnia- when the sleeplessness is not associated with any kind of health problem it is termed as primary insomnia.
Secondary insomnia- when sleeplessness is associated with some health related problem like depression, asthma, arthritis, cancers it is said to be secondary insomnia.
Insomnia can be acute which is short lasting, where the problem last for one night to few weeks. Or it may be chronic which may last for 3 nights a week for a month or longer.
Some sleep disorders are caused by physical problems, the treatment of which can make sleeplessness disappear. Some are caused by medications and can be resolved by a change of prescriprion. Still others are caused by poor sleep habbits, such as too much napping which can be broken with education and efforts.
Below are some helpful hints for getting a good night rests:-
1. Maintain a regular sleep schedule. Getting up at the same time every morning synchronises the body's biological clock.
2. Keep the bedroom for sleeping. Don not read, watch tv or eat in bed.
3. If you do not fall asleep within 20 mins of going to bed, get up and read or listen to quite music untill you get sleepy.
4. Limit daytime naps.
5. Take 20-30 minutes warm bath before bed.
6. Drink a glass of milk just before bed.(warm or cold)
7. Avoid caffeinated beverages and chocolate in the afternoon and evening.
8. Don't drink alcohol before bed time. It can cause sleeplessness at night.
9. Exercise during the day but not before going to bed.
10. According to Dr. Anna wriz - justice leader of the research team at psychiatric university clinic of chronobiology ans sleep laboratory, switzerland, keeping the hands and feet warm in cold bedroom induces sleep quickly.
Natural therapies are a great option to support your body and prepare it for pregnancy. As with any approach trying to decrease the chance of miscarriage, these steps will help to nourish and support the body, inviting a healthy pregnancy to occur.
Preparing ahead of time for your pregnancy is also important for decreasing the chance of a miscarriage, these steps must be practiced for at least 3 months before you become pregnant again. If you are currently experiencing a miscarriage consult a doctor or midwife right away.
1. Prepare for conception: The first step is to prepare your body with fertility cleansing. Fertility cleansing helps you to support the liver in cleansing the body of old toxins and excess hormones while encouraging the uterus to cleanse itself of ‘old’ contents, increasing uterine circulation and tone.
2. Eat a nutrient dense fertility diet: The next step is to nourish and build up your body to be a healthy, baby friendly body. This can be done through eating a well balanced and nutritious diet. What you eat has a strong impact on:
- The health of your eggs
- Your hormonal balance
- Creating a healthy placenta
- Decreases chance of a miscarriage
- Building nutrient storage for baby
- Creating a healthy reproductive system
3. Build a healthy foundation: One of the major foundational steps to increase your chance of having a healthy pregnancy is to take some basic vitamins, minerals, and EFA’s. There are specific vitamins and minerals that are necessary for a healthy reproductive system, hormonal balance, and ovulation. Essential fatty acids are also extremely important for miscarriage prevention.
4. Apply fertility or abdominal massage: Another important element of promoting a healthy conception is to increase circulation to the uterus. Through applying a simple massage method called self fertility massage you are able to increase the circulation to the uterus, clear adhesions and congestion. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Gynaecologist.