Lybrate.com has top trusted Pediatricians from across India. You will find Pediatricians with more than 36 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pediatricians online in Pune and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Paediatric Critical Care
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Child Nutrition Management
Growth And Development Including General Paediatri
Management of New Born Care
Preimplantation Genetic Diagnosis (Pgd)
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Treatment of Polycystic Ovary Syndrome In Adolesce
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Cleft Lip Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Sushama J DateYour feedback matters!
I have a two months baby boy. Today it is observed that he has only one testicle. Please explain what should I do? Is there any problem with one testicle Pls advice in details.
Hello sir a 5 yrs baby's albumin value is 5+ and not coming to normal for 2yrs will this problem be solved ?
Must show your ward to pediatric ophthalmologist before the age of 3 .
I have 10 months baby boy. Doctor prescribe iron based rubired medicine for him in 7 month, they said it should be taken three month. But due to baby constipation I did not give him that medicine. Should I give him now?
Yesterday I came to know my 7 month old baby is suffering from asthma.in that case please help me what precautions shud I take for him. Shud I give him oil massage and bath.in food any precaution shud I take. He is still on breast feeding too.
My child is 4 year and 10 month old. I take proper oral care of him, still he has bad odour in his mouth, especially after he wakes up in the morn and in the afternoon. Can I use listerine mouth wash? please suggest.
My daughter is 4years old. She is not gaining weight for last 1 years. She has reduced her weight. She has grown longer and have become thinner. She is very active and naughty. Force feeding. Food serving 9am, 12.30 pm, 1.30pm, 5.30pm, 9pm. Weight 14kg.
Hi my daughter is 1 and half month old. someday she is not sleeping from 8-10 hours continuously. For example today she is awake from 3: 45 pm and its 12: 40 am now but t she steel not sleeping. Please give suggestions I am so afraid about this.
My son is 6 months old. I have started giving him cerelac. Just wanted to know if it is okay for the baby. If yes, How many times a day can it be given? When and how much?
My kid is now 1y 8m old. He was passing loose watery stool 15 days back. As per doctor we gave him darolac thrice a day and z and d once in a day. He got recovered in 4 days. But again loose motion started that week and again we gave him darolac for five days but again it recurred in 2 days after completion of derolac. He has no fever and no blood in stool at all. My doctor has suggested me to wait for another 2 days. We are not giving him any lactogen food. Only soya milk and normal foods he is now having. Totally confuse what to do?
I am kavitha I have 1 year 3 month boy baby. Still he didn't walking. What type of food want to give. Every evening I can give biscuits with milk is it good for health. I can give cerelac, farex like that type of food r not. Suggest some healthy food for my baby.
She is 30 years old having 6 years old daughter. Suffering from high heels pain. Some swelling also in her heels.
Are there any long-term effects associated with taking ADHD (attention deficit hyperactivity disorder) medications? If so, what are they and what medications are implicated? What exactly is a spine block injection? Will it work long-term for low back pain due to disc problems? What causes Hashimoto's thyroiditis, and what is the best method of treatment? Can iodine help this condition?
Hello. My daughter is one year old. She has been suffering from cold and cough since a week. I am giving her sinarest AF and Brozeet. What else I have to give? Should I massage mustard oil on her feet? Pl help.
Pls help me My 19 days old baby is on breast feed, he feeds 2 hrs but still hungry then I have to give him bottle 80 ml water n 3 spoon of Farex. What should I do? How much milk is needed for him?
Iron is an essential nutrient and mineral that is required by adults and children alike. Iron helps move oxygen from the lungs to the rest of the body and helps muscles store and use oxygen. It is especially important for children because it aids development and prevents anaemia. Untreated iron deficiency in children can cause physical and mental delays. It can lead to less healthy red blood cells in the child's blood stream which will cause a delay in the growth of physical and mental faculties.
Risk factors for iron deficiency in children
Infants and children at highest risk of iron deficiency include:
- Babies who are born prematurely or have a low birth weight
- Babies who drink cow's milk before age 1
- Breast-fed babies who aren't given complementary foods containing iron after age 6 months
- Babies who drink formula that isn't fortified with iron
- Children ages 1 to 5 who drink more than 24 ounces (710 milliliters) of cow's milk, goat's milk or soy milk a day
- Children suffering from, Malabsorption, Chronic diarrhoea, thyroid disorders and Celiac Disease.
- Children ages 1 to 5 who have been exposed to lead
- Adolescent girls also are at higher risk of iron deficiency because their bodies lose iron during menstruation.
Symptoms of iron deficiency anaemia
The signs and symptoms of iron deficiency anaemia in children may include:
- Pale skin
- Fatigue or weakness
- Slow cognitive and social development
- Difficulty maintaining body temperature
- Increased likelihood of infections
- Unusual cravings for non-nutritive substances, such as ice, dirt or pure starch
Prevent iron deficiency in children
Take steps to prevent iron deficiency in your child by paying attention to his or her diet. For example:
- Encourage a balanced diet. When you begin serving your baby solids, typically between ages 4 months and 6 months, feed him or her foods with added iron, such as iron-fortified baby cereal. For older children, good sources of iron include red meat, chicken, fish, beans and dark green leafy vegetables. Between ages 1 and 5, don't allow your child to drink more than 24 ounces (710 milliliters) of milk a day.
- Enhance absorption. Vitamin C helps promote the absorption of dietary iron. You can help your child absorb iron by offering foods rich in vitamin C, such as melon, strawberries, kiwi, broccoli, tomatoes and potatoes.
- Deworming: The power to kill parasites. With such tablets, we can eliminate worms in children and stop parasites from absorbing the critical nutrients a child needs to develop.
- Consider iron supplements. If your baby was born prematurely or with a low birth weight or you're breast-feeding a baby older than 4 months and he or she isn't eating two or more servings a day of iron-rich foods, talk to your child's doctor about oral iron supplements.
Don't take pallor lightly. Consult the doctor.
Make sure that you watch out for the tell tale signs of iron deficiency and take the necessary precautions to avoid the same. If you wish to discuss about any specific child related problem, you can consult a specialized pediatrician.
My son is 1 years 3 months old. His body weight is 9.5 kg .Please tell me dosage of walamycin suspension and for how many days it should be given.
Praise your child for not sucking.
Children often suck their thumbs when feeling insecure or needing comfort. Focus on correcting the cause of the anxiety and provide comfort to your child.
For an older child, involve him or her in choosing the method of stopping.
Your dentist can offer encouragement to your child and explain what could happen to their teeth if they do not stop sucking.