Lybrate.com has top trusted Pediatricians from across India. You will find Pediatricians with more than 41 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pediatricians online in Pune and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Paediatric Critical Care
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Child Nutrition Management
Growth And Development Including General Paediatri
Management of New Born Care
Preimplantation Genetic Diagnosis (Pgd)
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Treatment of Polycystic Ovary Syndrome In Adolesce
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Cleft Lip Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Sushama J DateYour feedback matters!
I do not have a enough breast milk to feed my baby so what can I do please plz please help me. How to produce my milk.
What is the effect to stop adwize tablet after taking this tablet for 3 and half years to cure my autistic child now aged 13 years, who is also is an epilectic patient.
During the first few years of life, it's vital to meet nutritional needs in order to ensure proper growth and also to establish a lifelong habit of healthy eating.
Eating a meal should be both a healthy and enjoyable occasion- a fact that many parents overlook when planning a meal for their growing children. Instead of a fast meal (especially one short in nutritional value) that family members eat at different hours, mealtimes should promote family togetherness whenever possible. If mealtime is a pleasant event, children may practice healthful eating habits in later life.
- Do set a good example for your child to copy. Share mealtimes and eat the same healthy food.
- Do discourage snacking on sweets and fatty food. Keep plenty of healthy foods, such as fruits, raw vegetables, low-fat crackers, and yogurt, around for children to eat between meals.
- Do allow children to follow their natural appetites when deciding how much to eat.
- Do encourage children to enjoy fruits and vegetables by giving them a variety from an early age.
- Don't give slim or 1-percent fat milk to children under the age of 5 unless your doctor prescribes it; at this stage, children need the extra calories in whole milk.
- Do ask children to help prepare meals. If parents rely mostly on convenience foods, children may not learn to enjoy cooking.
- Don't add unnecessary sugar to drinks and foods.
- Don't accustom children to extra salt by adding it to food placing the shaker on table.
- Doon't give whole nuts to children under the age of 5, who may choke on them. Peanut butter and chopped nuts are fine as long as the child is not allergic to them.
- Don't force children to eat more than they want.
- Don't use food as a bribe.
- Don't make children guilty about eating any type of food.
My 15 month old son is constipated. We gave him an oral laxative, still he is not passing stools. It has been the case since a month. Please advise.
Hi, my 2.6 years old girl has weight 8.3 kg only since one years last we have given therapy for t. B after Dr. Advice then otc drug albendazole I syrup one time dose have given for worms since I am pharmacist. Please guide.
My baby is 6 months complete old and she is doing black stool. I want to know what is the reason behind it and is it normal? Her medicines are calcium, kidicare, dombex.
My child have flu problem for last one week he is 3 years old his running nose vomiting stomach problem chest problem What should I do?
My child is 3 yrs and 3 months old age can understand everything but she speak not as much as other kids do. Kindly help thanks.
Multiple small subcentimetric lymphadenopathy likely to be normal. This is my 2 years old boy usg report. Is it normal?
My baby is 2 years 4 months, ulcer is spread throughout his mouth, doctors are saying he is having viral infection. He is admitted in the hospital. Doctora are giving him saline. But he is not having any food. Can you please suggest what can I give him to eat, so taht he can eat something. He has stopped eating.
Dear Sir/Mam, and my son's is 6 months old we have consulted a local doctor and we have consulted a local doctor and doctor has said that they have to do a orchiopexy surgery because he has a undescended testicle but doctor told us observe child for a month at night while sleeping and we did the same but the testicle will be in scrotum at the nights while he is sleeping, and now doctor has told us to wait for another 6 months to see the growth of the testicle. Actually we are worried a lot it would be very helpful if you could provide some information regarding, will it be ok if we wait for another 6 months and see the growth of the testicle. We have consulted a paediatrician and doctor has told us to wait till 1 year after that doctor will see the growth of the testicle and then will take a call but here my doubt is will it be ok to wait till 1 years of age as per doctors advise. Please advice what should we do now?
Hi the baby is 20 days old. It's a girl baby after feeding the milk she will get vomit after 10 mins please suggest me for this.
If a person has heag nonreactive hap be anti bodies mildly reactive is he contigouse for hap b and viral load is 543 iu/ml my father is just diagnosed I am worried if I am contaminated as I am breast feeding.
ADHD is one of the commonest behavioral disorders that are found in mostly school going kids. In fact, this kind of trouble might affect kid's ability quite adversely. There are a few signs with the help of which ADHD in kids can be easily detected and some of the commonest ones are emotional turmoil, unfinished tasks, squirm and fidget, low focus careless mistakes and other related ones.
Both interpersonal relationship and schooling success can be hampered to a great extent with this kind of mental disorder. This is why the kids facing the mentioned signs need to be thoroughly diagnosed medically so that the doctors can recommend best treatments that can provide fastest recovery and that too safely and easily.
Best tips for tackling ADHD in kids:
- Setting behavior limits: If you make your kids learn how to lead a disciplined life, then appropriate behavioral limits are established. Arrogant child is mostly exposed towards ADHD.
- Staying calm: Child anger should be efficiently controlled otherwise. ADHD cannot be cured. If the kids remain calm and quiet, then only their concentration level will increase, and they can show productive outcomes.
- Setting pressure free structure: sensible routines and scheduled charts are to be prepared so that unwanted risks can be easily avoided. If the kids are under tremendous pressure, then they might face different kinds of behavioral troubles.
- Allow kids to make wise choices: If you let your kids free, then only they will be able to take right decisions. Kids with a cool mind can take wise decisions that are very much appropriate for upgrading their performances.
- Advocating child: Child advocating is highly needed for maintaining a good and healthy balance. But too much strictness should be avoided so that your kids' behavior can be controlled with ease. This should be done either by parents or tutors so that they can choose the best direction in life.
- Avoid muting any headstrong child: Communicate with your child so that a proper interaction can be maintained. If your child remains silent for too long, then they might face different behavioral troubles.
- Acquiring knowledge about ADHD: Both parents and kids should have equal knowledge about ADHD and then only the probable signs can be easily avoided, and the necessary treatments can be known.
- Being persistent: Persistent behavior is to be maintained, and if you find any deviation in your kids, then you should take them to a doctor.
Hello my daughter is 1.4 year . From yesterday afternoon she had 3 vomiting's .My doc prescribed me granisetron and lansoprazole. But from night she had 3 watery stools . Iam worried plz help me. During the night i gave her pedialyte
Can I take lypolizer tummy tab before food 1/2 hr 2 times in a day when I am breastfeeding my baby who is 1.5 years age. Top feeds he takes only my milk once or twice he takes. please tell me sir.
The skin of a newborn baby is very fragile. It is thin and has low pigmentation. It takes quite some time (about a year) for the epidermis to develop and function effectively. Once the baby turns one, the skin gets thicker and more immune to skin problems. Here are some common skin problems found in almost every infant.
1 Diaper rash
Diaper rash is the development of red and inflamed skin in the area under the diaper. It is recommended to check the diaper for any wetness at regular intervals, and to change it when required. The diaper should not be too tight or left on too long. Applying a diaper rash ointment and keeping the area dry and open whenever possible can help in relieving your baby from the problem.
2 Baby acne
Development of acne/pimples on the skin of an infant is a common occurrence. It is advised to not to apply anything on it. It mostly resolves on its own in a couple of days.
3 Prickly heat
Prickly heat rashes are the rashes which develop on the face, neck, back or the bottom of the baby because of heat. To deal with this situation you should try to keep the infant cool and dry (not let him/her sweat) and ensure that they wear loose and comfortable clothes made of cotton.
Rashes that develop on the scalp, eyebrows, cheeks, chest, and/or neck of a newborn baby (up to 6 months), are known as seborrhea. It appears to be gruesome, but does not bother the baby. It is recommended to use mild baby shampoo and creams to get rid of the problem. If there is no improvement, see a dermatologist.
20% of the babies suffer from a very itchy skin rash known as 'eczema'. The affected area of the skin may turn red, ooze pus or crust over. It can be a result of an irritation caused due to sweating in a hot weather or due to the drying up of skin in a cold weather. Some clothing, specifically wool can even trigger this skin condition in a baby. A dermatologist or a pediatrician should be consulted in order to know what should be done.