Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Pediatricians in India. You will find Pediatricians with more than 43 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pediatricians online in Pune and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Suresh Tandurang
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Paediatric Critical Care
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Child Nutrition Management
Growth And Development Including General Paediatri
Management of New Born Care
Preimplantation Genetic Diagnosis (Pgd)
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Treatment of Polycystic Ovary Syndrome In Adolesce
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Cleft Lip Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Suresh TandurangYour feedback matters!
My baby is now 1 and half month old. When he was 1 month old one day suddenly he spitted milk with red streaks. He usually spits after feeding. pediatrician gave him Yamoo (before every feed 5 drops in mother milk), Rantac (1 ml twice in a day), Domstal (3 drops thrice in a day) After 12 days yesterday morning he again spitted pink or peach colored milk after feeding, What is the reason and why this is happening to my son. Please help what should I do?
Ayurveda is a life science that ha: s been around for centuries. There are many treatments and medications in Ayurveda that improve the way of life. One such powerful method that increases the immunity in children is suvarnaprashan.
We live in a world where we are surrounded by chemicals be it in food, water or air. With the erratic changes in the climate and our lifestyle need a lot more care than before; giving Suvarnaprashan to your children is one way the parents can ensure that their children grow up to be smart, healthy and strong.
What is Suvarnaprashan?
Suvarnaprashan literally means gold bhasma and is one of the 16 rites of passage of human beings. This all-natural product has been used for over 1000 years and has proven to improve the health and mind of the child.
Suvarnaprashan is a mixture of gold ash, ghee, and honey and is fortified with herbal extracts like brahmi, vacha, shankhpushpi and others. Investing in the early stages of the child’s life is imperative. The early stages are where the body starts to grow and the mind is said to be most intelligent. Administering suvarnaprashan at this stage will make sure you reap the maximum benefits. Suvarnaprashan can be given to children up to the age of 16 years.
Let us take a look at the benefits of Suvarnaprashan:
- Boosts the Immune System: Till the age of 5, children are more susceptible to infections. Suvarnaprashan consists of herbs that can help in boosting the immunity system. It can protect children from fever, cold, and cough.
- Improves Memory: This method is very helpful in improving the brain health. It can increase the grasping power, improve attention and enhance the memory in children.
- Helps with Digestion: Suvarnaprashan improves the process of digestion and also increases the absorption of nutrients in the body. The loss of appetite and gastric discomfort are often faced by children. This method can treat both these issues.
- Skin Health: Skin is the perfect way of knowing the health of a person. This method removes the harmful toxins from the skin and performs a detoxification. This will improve the blood circulation and also improve the texture of the skin.
- Improves Hearing and Vision: This method when taken in the right amount and method, also benefits the eyesight and hearing.
- Mental Health: Temper and tantrums are often witnessed in children. Suvarnaprashan has a calming effect on the mind, that can help calm them down. Suvarnaprashan can also be suggested for children with learning disabilities and autism.
One thing to keep in mind is that Suvarnaprashan should be consumed on an empty stomach. It is best to consume food only 30 minutes after having it. This is one of the most effective ways of ensuring the good health of the child.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
My grand daughter 4 years old female baby affected by sight not clearance. While we check ,doctor told the sight is slowly vanishing. She also affected by heavy head ache. Please advise .
My baby was having loose motion since Friday. I was consulting with doctor. But today she is crying automatically within some time and also vomiting.
I am 2 years old little girl having infection i m going to motion I have monkezin syrup and orofex can use any one these please suggest me the medication.
My 1.5 year son awake after every hour at night. He started crying alot and when he cry he holds his legs. M not understanding the reason. In day time he sleeps soundly. Please tell me wat can be the reason.
A missing tooth can be responsible for causing different health issues. Along with these, a person loses his ability of chewing with missing teeth, develop problems related to speaking and his overall facial appearance also gets affected.
In case of a missing tooth or several missing teeth, it is best advised to get dentures fitted. Dentures are false teeth, which are fitted in the oral cavity in place of lost natural teeth.
Here are several reasons why it is important to fill up a missing tooth:
- Shifting of tooth: When a tooth is lost, the surrounding teeth start drifting or moving in the open gap where the lost tooth used to be. The surrounding teeth are shifted out of the alignment. This affects the appearance of your face, and your teeth seem crooked and misplaced. It is necessary to replace a missing tooth with dentures in order to restrict the shifting before it is too late.
- TMJ Syndrome: After a tooth is lost and the surrounding teeth start shifting, the alignment is changed. This gives rise to problems with biting and creates issues with the jaws. The upper jaw and the lower jaw fail to meet correctly, and this causes strain and damage to the jaw joint. This phenomenon is called TMJ syndrome.
- Decay of tooth and gum diseases: After the shifting of surrounding teeth when a tooth is lost, the teeth alignment changes. This makes it difficult for a person to reach several areas in the gum with a toothbrush or floss. This makes plaque and bacteria accumulate in that area and they cannot be reached or cleaned. Tooth decay and gum diseases or periodontal diseases that are likely to affect those spots. These diseases and disorders cause further tooth loss.
- Alteration in facial appearance: A missing tooth should be replaced properly and a dentist must make sure that the root of the missing tooth is removed. In case the root is not removed totally, bone deterioration is likely to occur. Bone loss occurs in the jaw area, and this may result in a change or alteration in your facial appearance. A timely replacement of a missing tooth will prohibit bone loss from the jaw area, and you will be saved from any kind of alteration in your facial appearance, which might affect your looks and self-esteem greatly.
A missing tooth should never be ignored and in case you lose a tooth, you should see a dentist as soon as possible. By filling up a missing tooth, you will be able to save yourself from several issues related to the mouth and gums.
Many women develop uterine fibroids by the time they hit the age of 50 years and above. These are non-cancerous growths that may occur in the uterus. Most women go through severe bleeding and pain as well as discomfort as a result of these fibroids. Age, family history of the same condition, obesity or being overweight, eating habits and even ethnicity play a large role in deciding the risk of each individual patient. These fibroids can grow in the submucosal, intramural and subserosal areas.
Following are the common side effects of uterine fibroids:
- Frequent urination: Due to the pressure of the fibroids on the uterus, the patient may experience a constant feeling of fullness in the lower pelvic area of the body, which may lead to frequent filling of the bladder. This gives rise to frequent trips to the washroom for urination.
- Heavy Bleeding: Severe bleeding is one of the most common causes of the presence of these kinds of fibroids. The patient may experience a lot of bleeding during menstrual periods, as well as pain and cramps the rest of the time. The periods will also be very painful when there are fibroids in the uterus or the uterine lining.
- Painful Intercourse: It is a well-known fact that any kind of infection or growth as well as sores and other such ailments can lead to vaginal dryness as well as pain during sexual intercourse. This is true for uterine fibroids as well, which can lead to severe pain during sexual activity. These fibroids can also give rise to pain in the lumbar or lower back region.
- Abdomen Swelling: The abdomen may go through significant swelling in such a condition and the patient may even look like she is pregnant. The growth can push the shape of the abdomen outwards and create a full feeling.
- Pregnancy Complications: The presence of uterine fibroids can give rise to several complications during pregnancy and even after child birth. One of the most common problems in this case is bleeding, followed by more severe outcomes like miscarriage. The women suffering from uterine fibroids are at greater risk of undergoing a caesarean section for the delivery of the baby. The baby may also be born breech and a premature delivery may take place.
- Infertility: This is also a rare side effect of the uterine fibroids and is generally seen only in very severe cases.
- Cancer: Only one in every 1000 cases might transform into malignant tumours. These uterine fibroids are generally known to be non-malignant.
Any symptoms must be reported to a gynaecologist at the earliest to avoid any serious complications.