Lybrate.com has top trusted General Physicians from across India. You will find General Physicians with more than 44 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Physicians online in Pune and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Suresh Naik
Treatment of Migraine Treatment
Weight Management Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Prevention of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart At
Hiv Prophylaxis Post Exposure
Viral Fever Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Suresh NaikYour feedback matters!
I have a type of nasal allergy. For this reason, I have a problem to take breathing. What should I do?
I have white vertical lines in my nails. They have become rough. I thing this disease called 20 nails dystrophy. May I know. Why this happens. And what is the cure for it.
Cerebral palsy is a neurologic condition that occurs in children, and is due to brain injury that develops before, during, or after childbirth. The condition presents with motor impairment, and therefore there is generalized physical and mental dysfunction. The brain continues to develop for the first two years of life, and so conditions like premature birth, asphyxia at birth, and postnatal meningitis and encephalitis.
The diagnosis could be trigged by the slow motor development, poor muscle tone, and delayed response of the baby. One of the main noticeable feature that becomes evident is the spasticity of the limbs. The child may not be able to voice it out, but pain is a significant disabling factor too. While doctors would advise that physical movement is required to keep the spasticity at bay, the pain keeps the child away from most activities. This further adds to the spasticity and worsening of the condition.
Pain control therefore assumes a significant role and the modes can range from physical therapy to pain killers to injections to surgery. The idea, in addition to pain control, is also to:
- Improve range of motion
- Improve motor response
- Promote good motor development
- Reduce and control contractures
- Improve overall lifestyle
- Improve muscle strength
- Improve exercise tolerance
- Reduce spasticity
Some of the non-medical ways to control pain are listed below.
Of course, pain killers and injections are always used when immediate relief is required. A structured physical therapy program that includes medications and exercise is the best way to manage cerebral palsy pain. Though initially difficult, over a period of time, it improves range of motion and improves joint movement.
- Acupuncture: Triggering specific points via needles is believed to stimulate the nerve endings and help in pain control
- Alternating ice and heat therapy: This is also believed to improve pain control, blood circulation, and muscle movement.
- Positioning in bed: A well-positioned child in bed may have less pain compared to another child who is not. Special equipment may be used also to keep the child in place, once the most comfortable situation is located.
- Muscle massage: The affected muscles need to be massaged repeatedly so that blood flow improves, joint movement is better, and pain is controlled.
- Botox is successfully used to pain control, as it paralyzes the specific muscles along with providing pain control.
- Medications are used regularly, which are mainly anticholinergic and anti-spastic medications. They reduce stiffness, control pain, and help in pain control too.
- Surgery is the last option and needs to be explored with the doctor.
Hi, I am having PCOS since 4 months now. Started with delayed periods since May then I consulted Gynac in June After ultrasound got to know I have PCOS. She asked me to have Normoz for 3 months and gave some Vit. D and folic acid. Again need to meet her. Quite tensed. Planning to have a baby since Jan still not succeed. I am obese and cannot shed weight too. I am broken now.
I am doing prone masturbation i.e lying on the bed and rubbing penis on it. I have never done masturbation by hand. Now I got a problem my sperm does not comes out when my penis is erect. It comes out when it z almost flaccid. please give valuable suggestion.
How to avoid quick erection during the intercourse. Is any medicine available without consulting the doctor.
My friend: my breasts are little bit swollen, the difference between now and before is very minute. I had sex with my boyfriend on 31st December & 1st January. After that my menstrual cycle started on 14-16. That too went normal. Before the cycle I visited a physician for my 3 issues. First, feeling of nausea/ vomiting in the morning after waking up (this issue was continuing from last 3-4 months). Second, upset stomach which means I had difficulty in passing stools. Sometimes I used to force myself for passing the stool and all this while I had a very heavy stomach. Third, going to pee very frequently. This also was continuing from last 3-4 months. Now, I've been taking medicines for almost 10 days after which I've felt a sigh of relief but not about the feeling of nausea or vomiting after waking up in the morning. Also, there is burning sensation in the stomach which sometimes increases at times. Five tests were also done, none of them indicated any serious issue. Today when I was making out with my friend we noticed that my breasts are leaking with milk. We checked it was pale & off-white colored fluid which looked like milk to us. I certainly didn't miss my periods. Now at this point in time what I'm afraid of is pregnancy. Am I pregnant? How to be triple sure of it? What can be other signs of being pregnant by which I can be sure at home that I'm pregnant? Tests which were done earlier before around 10 days didn't indicate anything about pregnancy. Tests included blood test and urine test.
A healthy diabetic diet can incorporate any sustenance with some restraint, the length of it permits you to keep your blood sugar levels inside target. Notwithstanding, 'control'might be hard to apply to a few foods in light of their high starch content. A few foods likewise appear to trigger longings or advance indulging. In the event that you have diabetes, it might be best to abstain from eating these foods, to avert issues with your blood sugar that could bargain your health.
1. Candy: One needs to avoid a number of confectionary items as they are high in sugar content, such as candy, cookies and syrups etc. Yet these below quality starches likewise cause an emotional spike up in the blood sugar levels and can add to weight increase, both of which can exacerbate diabetes confusions. Figure out how to fulfill your sweet tooth by nibbling on top notch starches, for example, crisp organic product.
2. Pretzels: Pretzels have a healthy picture, yet a look at the fixings list uncovers that their wholesome notoriety is horribly undeserved. Almost every brand is produced using the same fundamental fixings:
White flour (wheat flour that has been stripped of its supplements and fiber), yeast, salt, vegetable oil, corn syrup. It's conspicuous from its not very impressive fixing list that this prevalent nibble is basically without sustenance.
3. Nibble pastries and cakes: It's regular learning that snacks that are packaged and heated products are stacked with sodium, sugar, white flour as well as additives. Their perilous combo of refined flour and sugar spikes blood sugar as well as advances irritation, which meddles with insulin's capacity to work legitimately.
4. Bacon: Notwithstanding entire fat dairy foods, greasy or marbled cuts of meat additionally convey a powerful measure of soaked fat, which starts aggravation in the body and prompts different symptoms.
5. Milk: For those with diabetes, a diet high in immersed fat can decline insulin resistance. Keep entire milk out of the ice chest and get 1% (low-fat) or skim (nonfat) milk. Additionally, attempt your best to maintain a strategic distance from other entire milk dairy items like cream, full-fat yogurt, normal cheddar and cream cheddar; rather, pick their decreased fat partners at whatever point conceivable.
6. White Bread: Refined starches in white rice, white bread, and any structured with white flour and white pasta, act a great deal like sugar one time in the human body begins to process them. Thusly, much the same as sugar, refined starches meddle with glucose control and ought to be stayed away from by those with diabetes.
7. French Fries: Trying too hard on oily, signed foods can prompt weight pick up and wreak devastation on the blood sugar you have. Potato chips, French fries, and doughnuts happen to be especially terrible decisions for diabetics since they're made with carb-substantial, dull fixings, which can bring about levels of blood glucose level for shooting up.
8. Natural product juice: While entire fruits are a healthy, fiber-rich starch choice for diabetics, the same can't be said for organic product juice. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can ask a free question.