Lybrate.com has top trusted General Physicians from across India. You will find General Physicians with more than 29 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Physicians online in Pune and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Migraine Treatment
Weight Management Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Prevention of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart At
Hiv Prophylaxis Post Exposure
Viral Fever Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Suresh NaikYour feedback matters!
Pain at the back of the neck, difficulty in turning the neck. Also pain in right collar. Which disease it could be and what should I do to relieve the pain?
I am 45 yrs old and having asthma from 5 yrs old. At present using ventorling inhaler and no other medicines. The inhaler lasts for only 3 to 4 days only. For over 15 years having frequent urination and the sugar and b. P. Is normal till now. Dont know the cause for frequent urinals. Asthma is suffering me for more than 40 years. Motion problem is also troubling. Please please for the past five months feeling very tired after passed urine. Kindly guide me to overcome this problems. My weight is 85 kgs. Eating very normal diet and no junk foods, cool drinks. Used wysolone 5mg 10 years before regularly for 2 years and stopped. Now occusionally taking wysolone in severe asthma problems.
Hiii doctors I want to asked that in summer when I go for sleep in noon after that my body is lazy and I dnt want to talk more to others. And when I only lying not sleep then my mood and body is feeling fresh. What is this problem?
I have an habit of masturbating since 5 years and I am facing lower back swollen due to dis habit. So kindly suggest me to quit masterbating and to reduce the size of swollen lower back.
I have two foot corns under the foot. It's from last 5 months. I thought its a normal one but now it's hurting a lot. so please help me
I having middle of upper abdomen pain since last one year. Earlier I was so fat before I getting this disease now I become little slim.
I am having nightfall problem from 3 years which medicine is better English ,ayurvedic ,or homeopathic.
I am 25 year old. Sometimes I feels in my head something is moving from one side to another side. What I do.
I have a problem of asthma. I'm 16 years old. A Doctor said its starting stage. Whenever I inhale some a fast card's bad odour I fall sick. I have an asthma pump of Cipla named sereflo 250.what is solution for this?
I am taking homeopathy medicines for my dust allergy problem. But I don't feel its working on me. Sneezing and nose part was very sensitive. Even a small hair strand also irritating if it falls on nose. And blackness around the mouth too. Can you suggest best medicines.
Headaches and migraines can vary drastically depending on their duration, specific symptoms and the person they are affecting. The more you know about your specific type of headache or migraine, the better prepared you will be to treat them—and possibly even prevent them. The two types of migraine are-
- Migraine without aura: The majority of migraine sufferers have Migraine without Aura.
- Migraine with aura: Migraine with Aura refers to a range of neurological disturbances that occur before the headache begins, usually lasting about 20-60 minutes.
Symptoms of migraine vary and also depend on the type of migraine. A migraine has four stages: prodrome, aura, headache and postdrome. But it is not necessary that all the migraine sufferers experience all the four stages.
Prodrome: The signs of this begin to appear a day or two days before the headache starts. The signs include depression, constipation, food cravings, irritability, uncontrollable yawning, neck stiffness and hyperactivity.
Migraine Aura: Auras are a range of symptoms of the central nervous system. These might occur much before or during the migraine, but most people get a migraine without an aura. Auras usually begin gradually and increase in intensity. They last for an hour or even longer and are
- Visual: Seeing bright spots, various shapes, experiencing vision loss, and flashes of light
- Sensory: Present in the form of touch sensations like feeling of pins and needles in the arms and legs
- Motor: Usually related with the movement problems like the limb weakness
- Verbal: It is related with the speech problems
Headache: In case of a migraine attack one might experience:
- Pain on both sides or one side of the head
- Pain is throbbing in nature
- Vomiting and nausea
- Sensitivity to smells, sound and light
- Vision is blurred
- Fainting and lightheadedness
Postdrome: This is the final phase of the migraine. During this phase one might feel fatigued, though some people feel euphoric.
Red flags that the patient may be having underlying serious disorder not migraine
- Onset of headaches >50 years
- Thunderclap headache - subarachnoid haemorrhage
- Neurological symptoms or signs
- Immunosuppression or malignancy
- Red eye and haloes around lights - acute angle closure glaucoma
- Worsening symptoms
- Symptoms of temporal arteritis
These patients require CT scan / MRI or CSF examination. Most Migraine patients do not need these tests.
Diagnosis of Migraine: Usually migraines go undiagnosed and thus are untreated. In case you experience the symptoms regularly then talk to the doctor, who evaluates the symptoms and can start a treatment. You can also be referred to a neurologist who is trained to treat the migraines and other conditions. During the appointment the neurologist usually asks about the family history of headaches and migraines along with your symptoms and medical history.
The doctor might advise for some tests like:
- Blood Tests: These reveal problems with the blood vessel like an infection in the spinal cord and brain.
- CT scan: Used to diagnose the infections, tumors, brain damage, and bleeding that cause the migraines.
- MRI: This helps to diagnose the tumors bleeding infections, neurological conditions, and strokes.
- Lumbar Puncture: For analyzing infections and neurological damages. In lumbar puncture a thin needle is inserted between the two vertebrae to remove a sample of the cerebrospinal fluid for analysis.
Migraine treatments can help stop symptoms and prevent future attacks.
Many medications have been designed to treat migraines. Some drugs often used to treat other conditions also may help relieve or prevent migraines. Medications used to combat migraines fall into two broad categories:
- Pain-relieving medications. Also known as acute or abortive treatment, these types of drugs are taken during migraine attacks and are designed to stop symptoms.
- Preventive medications. These types of drugs are taken regularly, often on a daily basis, to reduce the severity or frequency of migraines.
Your treatment strategy depends on the frequency and severity of your headaches, the degree of disability your headaches cause, and your other medical conditions.
Some medications aren't recommended if you're pregnant or breast-feeding. Some medications aren't given to children. Your doctor can help find the right medication for you. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Neurologist.