Lybrate.com has top trusted General Surgeons from across India. You will find General Surgeons with more than 37 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Surgeons online in Pune and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Kidney Stones Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Corn Removal Procedure
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Varicose Vein Laser Treatment
Hernia Repair Surgery
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Treatment Of Deep Vein Thrombosis - Dvt
Male Breast Reduction Treatment
Prostate Laser Surgery
Gastric Bypass Surgery
Treatment of Bone Marrow Transplantation
Vascular Surgery Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Suresh BhaleraoYour feedback matters!
I have some black spots on my back. I used scar cream to avoid those but it is irritating me. What I should do?
I am 26 yers old, non smoker non drinker, I eat healthy too. From one and half year I have a small lump on mu right nipple, it does not go, few girls told me its normal, But I am scared now, I do not see any other symptoms, no pain or swelling or any rashes. And my left breast does not have any lump.
I am 24 year old boy and I have a lot of acne on my face & it cause scars on my face & some blackheads on my nose. It's feel depressing. Tried lot of things but no improvements. I want a proper medication with a perfect doctor who could help me. Please help me.
I have dark circles since ages and had tried all possible home remedies to cure it, but all in vain. My blood hemoglobin is also good. Is there any Homeopathy medicine or treatment to cure dark circles around eye?
I have some type of white patches around my upper lips and corner of my lower lip only, I had been taking the homeopathic medicine but it didn't work. I need some information about some expert skin specialists in delhi or Noida. Thanks.
My face skin is oily n dull. And it is not smooth. It is rough. To make it smooth n bright. What should I do?
Rose is probably the first flower that comes to our mind when we think of flowers. Associated with a variety of relationships including love, friendship, peace, etc., it holds a special place across all celebrations. Not many however, are aware about the wonderful medicinal properties that it has. Whether it is used in liquid, paste, oil or powder form, it has multiple benefits. Read on to know some of the multiple benefits that a rose has.
It is widely grown with very limited climatic restrictions and so it is time to reap the benefits of this simple, readily available flower.
- Rose powder mixed with fuller earth and rose water is one of the most common household face packs in use.
- Pure rose water is one of the best skin cleansing agents.
- The petals of the rose can be made into a paste and applied to control sweating.
- The dried rose petals can be crushed and made into a paste by adding rose water and further applied on wounds to promote healing.
- Dried rose petals can be mixed with milk and consumed to reduce acidity and treat stomach ulcers
- The tincture made from rose petals is useful in diarrhoea
- Rose buds are used in preparing a decoction which is highly useful in relieving constipation
- Herbal tea prepared using rose petals is consumed to treat acidity, burning sensation in the body, dryness of the oral cavity and is effective against treating infection in the intestine
- Rose water can be used as eye drop as they help in reducing burning and irritation
- Rose petals can be boiled and used for gargling, as it is extremely beneficial in relieving sore throat and cough
- Rose buds are rich in vitamin C and useful in preventing scurvy and cough and cold problems
- Pure rose oil is one of the common essential oils and is used to treat insomnia and reduce blood pressure.
- The rose oils are used in various creams to treat skin inflammation
- Rose oil is also widely used in various cosmetics (soaps, creams, lotions) for their multiple benefits
How to store your roses?
Given its benefit on various body organs, it generally finds its place in most homes.
- After watering the night prior, cut the flower diagonally before the sun is up fully
- Remove the petals carefully after clearing moisture and insects
- Place a wet paper towel in an airtight container and spread the rose petals on it and close the box
- Keep it in the fridge for up to a week before use
- The dried leaves can be used in essential oils as it further enriches the oils
- The oil has various uses and can be stored in an airtight container for months
If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor.
The average adult human body is about 60 percent water. Skin alone contains 63 percent water. Water is required for our cells to transport nutrients and minerals throughout our bodies, and also to help eliminate wastes and toxins. When you don’t drink enough water, you become dehydrated. Dehydration prevents your body from eliminating toxins through your skin, which in turn makes your skin more susceptible to skin problems and disorders, such as dry skin, eczema, psoriasis, discoloration, and even premature wrinkling. Assuming these issues were caused by dehydration, they can be improved over time with proper hydration.
There’s no doubt that adequate water intake is also needed for hair cells to transport nutrients and vitamins to the hair root. This process is responsible for keeping hair hydrated from the inside out, which directly affects hair growth and retention. If you’ve been experiencing hair breakage and shedding, or you haven’t seen noticeable hair growth after several months, dehydration may be to blame. Because our bodies rely so heavily on water, vital parts like the brain, heart, kidneys, blood, and lungs receive water first, while the hair gets whatever is left over. If you’re not drinking much water, chances are, that’s little or nothing. Besides encouraging hair growth, proper hydration can also help with dry scalp, itching, and flaking.So always drink lots of water,eat fresh fruits and vegetables like Watermelon,Cantaloupe,Kiwi,Apple,Mint,Pineapple,Orange and Lemons to keep yourself hydrated.Also avoid meat,oily and spicy food in summer.Excess tea,coffee and other caffeinated drinks should be avoided.
Hereditary Angioedema is a rare skin related disorder and as the name suggests it is also a genetically inherited condition. This condition mainly afflicts the throat, abdomen and the limbs of the patient, with a certain kind of swelling. This swelling can become fatal if not treated on time. Here is everything you need to know about the condition and its treatment.
Causes: A rare genetic mutation of the SERPING1 gene can cause this condition. Usually, this gene is known to produce C1 esterase inhibitor, which is a kind of blood protein. This blood protein is an important element of one’s immune system and is usually involved in the biochemical reactions that control the body’s response to inflammation causing elements. This is done when the blood protein produces a hormone known as Bradykinin. If this blood protein does not function in a normal manner, then there is excessive production of this hormone, which leads to swelling and inflammation.
Type one: There are various types of Hereditary Angioedema that can affect various parts of the body. Type one is one of the most common kinds and can be found on the face, hands, abdomen, throat, as well as feet and genitals of the patient. The severity and frequency of attacks cannot really be predicted and the patient may suffer from attacks throughout his or her life. The best way to treat this type of Hereditary Angioedema is with the help of antihistamine drugs and prednisone which can fight allergic attacks.
Type two: This kind of Hereditary Angioedema has the same symptoms as type one and is caused by a malfunction of the C1 inhibitor, rather than the Bradykinin hormone as one can see in type one. This condition can also be treated with anti-allergy drugs.
Type three: This is very rare kind of Hereditary Angioedema. In fact, medical science is yet to find a conclusive body of knowledge that can point to the exact causes and symptoms of this condition. Coagulation is one of the main causes recognised so far. This condition is much more common in women than it is in men, and it usually shows up as facial swelling.
Timely treatment: While there is no cure for this condition, one can prevent a flare up of the symptoms by taking C1 inhibitors and Bradykinin receptors as well as enzyme inhibitors. It is important to get early treatment for the symptoms and to have constant access to a hospital and its emergency unit. One should also keep track of attacks and symptoms and get regular check-ups done by a doctor to detect the earliest signs of the same to avoid fatalities. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a dermatologist.
Dr. for me lips are black due to so much of coffee please tell me any natural remedies to get pink lips.
Redness, itching, rashes or burning of skin is an indication of a fungal infection. Caused by different types of fungi, including yeasts, fungal infections can affect any part of the body and people of any age. The most common sites, however, are the feet, head, nails and groin. Homeopathy provides a complete and holistic cure for fungal infections, striking at the root of the problem. The remedies are sourced from natural substances, so there is zero possibility of side-effects in homeopathic treatment.
Fungal infection of the foot is known as ‘athlete’s foot’. It usually results in redness, itching and burning, especially between the toes and the sides of the foot. The fungus usually grows in a warm and moist environment such as shoes, socks and swimming pools. Fungal infection affecting the groin, thighs and genitals is known as ‘jock itch’. The fungus thrives in moist areas of the body. ‘jock itch’ mostly occurs in summer or in warm, wet climates. The symptoms are a red, itchy rash, ring-shaped, with cracked skin.
Another common fungal infection, known in medical terminology as ‘onchomycosis’, affects the nails of the hand and the feet. The fungal infection starts at the edge of the nails and leads to discoloration of nails. The nails of the feet and hands get crippled and the pain can be severe.
Fungal infection of the scalp results in patches appearing on the scalp. It is more common among children. Scaly, round and itchy patches appear on the scalp.
‘Candidiasis’ or ‘Thrush’ is another common fungal infection. It mostly affects the mouth, skin and the vagina. Thrush infection appears as small white patches, which turn red on rubbing. There is intense itching and a white discharge in vaginal thrush.
Fungal infection of the body or the skin causes red, ring-shaped rashes on arms, legs or the face. Most of these fungal infections are contagious and spread by coming in contact with the infected person.
Homeopathic treatment for fungal infections:
Homeopathy offers a very beneficial and effective mode of treatment that boosts the body’s healing processes to fight and eradicate fungal infection. Unlike conventional treatment, the natural homeopathic remedies do not suppress fungal infection; these rather work to root out the underlying cause of fungal infections. The homeopathic treatment, thus, provides a permanent cure by uprooting the cause of the infection.
Best homeopathic medicines for fungal infection:
The best natural homeopathic medicines for fungal infection are thuja, sepia and graphites. Thuja is of great help in treating fungal infection on dry and very sensitive skin. Sepia is the best homeopathic remedy for fungal infection appearing every spring season. Graphites is a very beneficial homeopathic medicine for treating recurrent episodes of fungal infection, especially ‘jock itch’.
Best homeopathic medicines for fungal infection on feet (athlete’s foot)
The top homeopathic medicines for fungal infection on the feet (athlete’s foot) are petroleum and silicea.
Best homeopathic remedies for fungal infection in nails
The top natural homeopathic medicines for fungal infection in the nails (tinea unguium) are antimonium crudum and graphites. Antimonium crudum is the best homeopathic remedy for discolored nails, growing out of shape. The skin beneath the nails is painfully sensitive. Graphites is a very beneficial homeopathic medicine when fungal infection results in nails getting thick and crippled, with severe pain and soreness.
Top homeopathic medicines for fungal infection of scalp
The best natural homeopathic medicines for fungal infection of the scalp (tinea capitis) are thuja and kali sulphuricum.
Best homeopathic medicines for fungal infection in mouth and genitals
The top natural homeopathic remedies for fungal infection caused by candida yeast (candidiasis or thrush) are borax and helonias. Borax is of great help for treatment of white lesions or patches of fungus in the mouth. Thrush with intense itching on the genitals is best treated with homeopathic medicine helonias. The genital parts get red, hot and swollen with itching, and helonias is the top natural remedy.
Best homeopathic medicines for fungal infection on skin
The top homeopathic medicines for fungal infection on the skin (tinea corporis) are thuja, tellurinum and sepia.
Do not do self medication because every patient is different.
Consult the doctor for right selection of the medicine
Most people think that having a smoking habit adversely affects only the lungs and the heart. But apart from known links to lung cancer and heart disorders, smoking also causes skin damage. The intensity of damage is directly proportional to the number of cigarettes one smokes in a day and the number of years one has been smoking for.
Here are 7 of the horrible things that smoking does to your skin
1. Premature ageing: The process of skin ageing is accelerated by a smoking habit. The chemicals that are ingested through the smoke cause your skin to age much faster, making it look loose, dull and coarse, with uneven colouring. Most smokers have a muted orange or grey tinge to their complexions.
2. Wrinkles and lines: The nicotine from smoke constricts blood vessels in the outer layers of the skin, thereby cutting off the supply of oxygen and nutrients. This causes the skin to develop visible fine lines and wrinkles at a faster rate.
3. Scarring and pigmentation: Since blood is not flowing properly to the outer layers of the skin, it is more susceptible to broken capillaries and veins, which can cause dark scarring and pigmentation on the face and other areas.
4. Darkening of the lips: Constant exposure to heat from smoking causes stark darkening and pigmentation in the lips, which also become dry and coarse.
5. Delayed wound healing: The presence of nicotine, tar and other chemicals in the blood causes cuts and wounds on the skin to heal at a much slower pace with an increased risk of infection, blood clot formation and death of skin tissue.
6. Increased risk of skin disease: Smoking makes the skin prone to various diseases and conditions like psoriasis, which happen as nicotine adversely affects the body's immune system.
7. High chances of skin cancer: Skin cancer and oral cancer are the two lesser known variants of the diseases that can be caused by smoking. Skin cancer is far more common among smokers than among non-smokers.
The harmful effects of smoking on the skin are not entirely discernible until after 10 years of prolonged smoking. Fortunately, your skin starts to heal itself when you kick the habit. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Dermatologist.