Lybrate.com has top trusted General Surgeons from across India. You will find General Surgeons with more than 26 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Surgeons online in Pune and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Suprashant Kulkarni
Kidney Stones Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Corn Removal Procedure
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Varicose Vein Laser Treatment
Hernia Repair Surgery
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Treatment Of Deep Vein Thrombosis - Dvt
Male Breast Reduction Treatment
Prostate Laser Surgery
Gastric Bypass Surgery
Treatment of Bone Marrow Transplantation
Vascular Surgery Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Suprashant KulkarniYour feedback matters!
Hlo doctor I have brown spots since one year but I have tried many home remedies and also used mela glow and Avon skin brightening but no result found please suggest me that I can cure my spots.
Hi, I'm suffering from a disease called sleeping warts on my whole face since last 7-8 years. I was consultant for the same with homeopathic, allopathic dermatologist doctors. But not satisfied till now. Dermatologists suggest me to apply Trunex & Retino-A 0.5% on my face and tablet levamisole (150mg) & Aquasol A 10D. These gel reduce my warts little bit but clear. It becomes back when I'm stopped to apply it on regular basis. Kindly suggest how I can reduce these warts and clear my face. Await for your positive response. Regards, Ankit.
I Want to know why there is no treatment of hereditary dark circles. Any treatment is there to low them? And ma eyes also becoming dry due to use of contact lenses. Give me some solution THANK YOU.
How group my body colour? My body colour is fair but I want very much glowing healthy fair skin. But how possible and what medicine use for pblm please help me. Thanks.
What You Need To Know About The Prostate And Its Diseases?
I had heard of prostate diseases for years but never thought much about it till a friend developed prostate problems.
His situation was enough to get me curious about prostate diseases.
First I learned that the prostate is a doughnut-shaped cluster of glands at the bottom of the bladder between the rectum and the base of the penis. It produces most of the fluid in semen.
First let's talk about the 'big one', cancer.
Men are more than twice as likely to get the disease as any other ethnic group in the world. No one knows why this is so.
Prostate cancer is primarily a disease of aging. About 80 percent of all cases occur in men over sixty-five.
However, the rate of prostate cancer is rapidly rising in all men, even those under fifty. Generally, the younger a man is when he is diagnosed with prostate cancer, the worse his prognosis. Its increase among younger men points to the role of diet and exposure to environmental toxins in the development of the disease.
Prostatitis (prostate inflammation) is common in men of all ages. The usual cause is infectious bacteria that invade the prostate from another area of the body.
These can be either acute or chronic infections. Acute infections come on suddenly and may include fever and chills, pain and burning on urination and ejaculation, frequent urge to urinate while passing only small amounts of urine and blood in the urine. Symptoms of chronic prostatitis are similar but usually milder than the acute infection.
Prostatitis usually responds well to home care and antibiotic treatment.
Prostate enlargement seems to be a natural process, often associated with aging, and not necessarily a disease, but the gradual enlargement of the prostate. In the USA it occurs in about half of all men over fifty.
The major symptom is the need to pass urine frequently, perhaps with pain or burning feelings.
As prostate enlargement is often not a serious problem (though it depends on the case), let's talk about the other two prostate diseases.
Prostate cancer is usually a slow growing cancer, often with no symptoms until its advanced stages. Symptoms include: pain or a burning sensation during urination, frequent urination, a decrease in the size and force of urine flow, an inability to urinate, blood in the urine, and lower back discomfort. However, these symptoms may be caused by benign enlargement or prostatitis. To get an accurate reading of the condition professional evaluation is of course recommended.
Unfortunately, prostate cancer can be difficult to diagnose in its early stages. Many cases are diagnosed only after the cancer has spread outside the gland.
How do I get pink lips, I was addicted to smoking and black coffee but that habit is now past, still my lips are a bit purple. I've been trying each and every method I can including all ayurvedic and non-ayurvedic. Would sincerely appreciate a permanent solution even if it takes time. Thank you.
Hello I am shanu and I am 22 year old boy I have dark completion what should I do to get fair completion and my skin is oily also.
After a cold winter, the first few weeks of summer are welcomed by everyone, but as the days get hotter, the sun gets harsher and sunburns become commonplace. Sunburns are caused by exposure to harmful ultraviolet radiation from the sun. The symptoms of this condition may not appear immediately and can take up to 5 hours to be noticeable. If not treated in time, it can cause the skin to blister and peel off. A few home remedies that could help treat this condition are:
- Aloe Vera: The Aloe Vera plant is easy to grow in containers or in the ground and has a number of medicinal benefits. Aloe Vera gel is known for its anti-inflammatory properties that can help soothe sunburns and ease the pain associated with it. This gel can be extracted from an Aloe Vera leaf and applied on your skin as is or you could buy Aloe Vera gel from a store.
- Baking Soda: The alkaline nature of baking soda makes it very soothing to the sunburnt skin. Baking soda also has antiseptic properties that help relieve itchiness caused by sunburn. To benefit from this you could apply a baking soda and water paste to the affected area and leave for ten minutes before washing off or add a cup of baking soda to your bath water and soak in it for about 15 minutes.
- Black Tea: Black tea is rich in antioxidants and has tannins that protect the skin from damage caused by UV radiation. This can also help reduce inflammation and restore the pH balance of your skin. To use this, steep a few tea bags in a pot of water and dip a cloth in the brew. Dab the tea onto the affected area of your skin and let it dry. You can repeat this 3-4 times without washing it off.
- Coconut Oil: Coconut oil can be used to treat a number of skin conditions including sunburn. It is rich in fatty acids that nourish and moisturise the skin thereby reducing redness. The vitamin E in coconut oil also works as an antioxidant to reduce inflammation. The best way to sue coconut oil to treat sunburn is to massage warm coconut oil into the affected area three times a day for a few days. Since it is very light, it is quickly absorbed by the skin and will not leave you with an oily sensation.
- Honey: Honey has natural properties that help prevent infections in case of sunburn and reduces inflammation. One of the enzymes in honey also helps repair the damage caused to the skin. To benefit from honey, eat a tablespoon of honey in a glass of lukewarm water thrice a day and apply a thin layer of honey over the affected area and let it dry.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!