Lybrate.com has top trusted Orthopedists from across India. You will find Orthopedists with more than 29 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Orthopedists online in Pune and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Knee Pain Treatment
Spinal Surgery Disorders
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Treatment of Knee replacement
Treatment of Joint And Muscle Problems
Treatment of Nerve And Muscle Disorders
Acl Reconstruction Procedure
Hip Replacement Surgery
Joint Dislocation Treatment
Knee Care Procedures
Joint Replacement Surgery
Ankle Pain Treatment
Treatment of Spondylosis
Arthritis And Pain Management Treatment
Treatment of Joint Dislocation
Treatment Of Disk Slip
Treatment Of Herniated Disc
Submit a review for Dr. Sunny GugaleYour feedback matters!
My cousin suffers from severe lower backache during her periods. Please suggest what to do because she can't bare that backache its so severe. She takes a panadol as a pain killer. It just works for 2 hours. She is 15 years old. Please suggest something so that there is no backache next time. And also tell me that taking a pain killer for the pain causes some kind of side affects in this case?
He got knee pain from last 2 year still problem is not solved how to recover from that plzz help us.
I am 23 year old. From last 9 years i am suffering from rheumatic pain, went to all type of medicine aurvedic, homeopathy and allopathy too, but no permanent solution , please revert me back.
I am 25year old boy I have huge pain in my knee I cant able to stand for more than half an hour. This is pain is around 2year.
I am 23 years old and suffering from back pain. Did apply ointment for 1 week but no use. Kindly help.
My leg is paining from many days. Last time I played football and got hit by a boy. So what should I do?
Doctor sir I have a big problem in my legs paining very much in the morning at the time of wake up I am in very stress from this problem please give me a advise and medicine.?
I am 28 year old. I am getting pain suddenly sometimes in day while I am sitting long times, but not in the night. I am taking these medicine pyridium, pantop, ceftum 250 mg, citralka, dynapar two times in a day after food. I am feeling better. Anybody can suggest me I am going right or no? Please help me.
I am suffering from lower back pain about 5 months ago I picked up a heavy bucket and sit on stool for few hours Lower back pain is in right side about 2 cm away from spine What should I do.
She has back pain from last 15 days & she feels thrilling sensation (Jhan-Jhana-Hat) in her spine. She is taking medicines from last 10 days by consulting an orthopaedic doctor. She is getting some relief from the treatment. Please suggest something to get complete relief from the back pain.
I am having a pain near my neck and shoulders. Have the stifness sometimes. I went for alopathic check. Up they told to be suffring from cervical. Please guide. Me for parmanent cure.
I'm having terrible pain in my waist and right leg heel for over 2 to 3 months now. What should I do?
I am 60 years old. I am a diabatic. It is under control. But I feel numb nee in my feet some times and some times severe.
I suffer from severe back ache. Not sure why. Please advice on how can I fix my problem with out medicine.
I have pain in my heel n on d side of the left foot and pain on the right foot below the toe. Spl wen I get up in d morning or if im sitting in 1 place for long.
I have a small swelling on my toe, caused be shoe bite. Possibly pus formation has happened. Would oral medication be okay, or do I need a surgery? where do I go for the best and economical treatment? I live on sohna road, sector 48 in gurgaon, india.
My father is suffering from right leg ankle pain from a month , we did xray but nothing was found, we also did uric acid test but test was also ok. We did all kind of massage and exercises but was not relieved. What should we do?
Rheumatoid arthritis and Osteoarthritis patient can not do much exercises or walk or jump. So how can they keep themselves fit ? Pls suggest.
The movement between bones and muscles is possible due to the fluid filled sacs that enable smooth gliding of the bones. When there is an inflammation of these sacs, condition known as bursitis results, leading to friction, reduced movement, painful movement, discomfort, and irritation.
Some of the common causes of bursitis include age, which brings along reduced elasticity of the tendons and ligaments. Additionally, sudden injury to the bursa area, repetitive stress, overuse of the ligaments or tendons, incorrect posture, and improper exercise can all lead to bursitis.
The most commonly affected parts are the elbows, shoulders, hips, knees, and ankles. The dull, aching pain that ensues is accompanied by stiffness. Movement can worsen this pain. The area can be red, hot, and swollen indicating infection. Whatever the area affected, some of the common ways to manage bursitis pain are listed below.
- Rest: As soon as bursitis is identified, the area must be rested. As noted, in most cases, repetitive stress and injury is the most common cause, and resting the area really helps.
- Ice only: If bursitis is happening for the first time, then an ice pack alone should help reduce the pain in 1 to 2 days.
- Ice and moist heat: If it is happening repeatedly, then alternating moist heat and ice for 15 minutes each will help. This can be done two to three times a day.
- Anti-inflammatories: In most cases, if rest and topical therapy are not working, then the regular anti-inflammatory agents may be given.
- Physical Therapy: In some cases, mild exercises can help reduce inflammation and pain.
- DMSO (dimethyl sulfoxide): This clear, colorless, oily liquid is made from wood pulp and helps in reducing the inflammation caused by bursitis. A 70% DMSO mixture can be applied with cotton on the affected area 3 times a day for 3 days, then 2 times a day for the next 3 days, and then 1 time a day for the next 3 days. If there is no improvement in the first 3 days, it needs to be discontinued.
- Foods to remove calcium deposits: In a number of cases, bursitis that is present for months or years is worsened due to the calcium deposits. Foods like apple cider vinegar can help dissolve the calcium deposits that could have formed in the bursa.
- Steroids: Local injections of corticosteroids may be necessary in some cases. Though inflammation can be curtailed with this, there is always the fear of hampered immunity and altered sugar levels.
- Surgical drainage: In very rare cases, the bursa may need to be surgically drained.
Bursitis is a very common issue and can be managed easily as well. Consult your doctor and avoid medicating on your own.