Lybrate.com has top trusted Gynaecologists from across India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 25 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Pune and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Sunitha Lalwani
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Sunitha LalwaniYour feedback matters!
I am TTC since an year, got diagnosed B12 DEFICIENCY so took weekly 2 methylcobalamin injection and now my periods are delayed by 4 days and no signs of pregnancy symptoms. Never conceived earlier. Also on thyronorm tablets dose since an year. My periods are always regular. Tired of facing negative results so please advise as I read online that these injections affects periods.
Is oral sex safe for men, if a girl or boy sucks my penis, is this safe for me, are there any chance of getting HIV.
Seasonal changes can be very exciting for most people. Each season brings with it a new set of colours and nature takes a new turn. However, for people with seasonal allergies, a seasonal change also comes with a set of allergies. From skin rashes to wheezing to breathing difficulties, the list of symptoms can be quite long. Asthma is the most common problem, and the attacks can be quite bothersome with wheezing attacks and breathing troubles.
With advancements in the field of medicine, there is a lot of relief for asthma patients. A little understanding on how asthma attacks happen will help in understanding how to control it. Asthma is an allergic reaction caused by narrowing of the airway with thick mucus, which makes breathing difficult. During an attack, the person can have a dry cough, face shortness of breath and wheezing.
Asthma is often triggered or worsened by some factors, and being aware of these can help prevent or manage an attack:
- Common allergens like pollen, mites, ticks, furs of animals, bird feathers, specific foods (peanuts, milk products, eggs, etc.) and mold spores appear during change of season.
- Environmental chemicals like cigarette smoke, car fumes, dust, etc., can also trigger an attack.
- Attacks of cold or flu can lead to an asthma attack.
- Workout during cold weather can be problematic, but exercise can also help control asthma attacks. Lung function improves sufficiently, but an exercise regime should be drawn up for the patient based on his condition.
- Stressful emotions like anger and anxiety can also lead to an attack or make it worse.
- Some medications like aspirin, beta blockers, glaucoma drops can aggravate attacks of asthma.
Once you know the triggers, here are some common measures that can help prevent and relieve the wheezing.
- The preventers reduce the inflammation in the airway tube and the swelling. While they do not provide immediate relief during an attack, using these in the long term helps avoid attacks. These are low-dose inhaled corticosteroids such as beclomethasone, fluticasone, and budesonide.
- Doctors would advise their usage even when there are no symptoms, as asthma attacks can be triggered when they are not taking these medications for a while. Newer drugs include leukotriene antagonists like montelukast and zafirlukast.
- Relievers are used for symptom relief and include Salbutamol (short acting) and Salmeterol/Formoterol (long acting). Peak flow meter may be useful in acute attacks, wherein the peak flow rates can be reduced.
A good strategy is to use preventers regularly and rely on relievers during an attack. The first one helps build resistance and so reduces the incidence of attacks. Reach out to a doctor if a severe attack ensues (lasts more than 3 hours).
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
Meri shadi ko eight month hu huye he. Meri periods jis date ko atithi us date se ten days ho gaya lekin abhi tak mera periods aya nahi. Mene gharape pregnency test kiya usame nagetive dikhata he. To kyu abhi tak mera peroids aya nahi. Mujhe pata nahi ki me pregnent hu ya nahi but abhi mujhe baby nahi chahiye to me kya karu doctor.
Prickly heat rash, also called miliaria, is a rash that can develop after a person sweats far more than usual and sweat glands become blocked.
Babies and children can also get prickly heat rash during hot or humid weather because their sweat glands are not fully developed.
Prickly heat causes an itchy rash of small red raised red spots with a prickling or stinging sensation.
Prickly heat usually affects parts of the body covered by clothes, such as the back, abdomen, neck, upper chest, groin or armpits.
Prickly heat usually clears up on its own within a few days. However, in serious cases heat rash can interfere with the body's heat-regulating mechanism and cause heat exhaustion.
Heatstroke is a more serious condition when the body can no longer cool itself. This is a medical emergency.
What causes prickly heat rash?
Heat rash begins with excessive perspiration, usually in a hot, humid environment. The perspiration makes it easier for dead skin cells and bacteria on the skin to block the sweat glands, forming a barrier and trapping sweat beneath the skin, where it builds up, causing the characteristic bumps. As the bumps burst and sweat is released, there may be a prickly, or stinging sensation that gives this condition its name.
What are the symptoms of heat rash?
Small, itchy red bumps on the skin are the symptoms of heat rash. The rash may feel prickly, stinging or burning.For appointments for treatments call 9004839333.Clinics at Malad,Juhu and Bandra.