Lybrate.com has top trusted Gynaecologists from across India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 26 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Pune and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Endometrial Ablation Procedure
Treatment of Treatment of Breast Cancer
Management of Abortion
Hormonal Replacement Therapy Treatment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
Submit a review for Dr. SunithaYour feedback matters!
Hi meri umr 34 years hai aur shaadi ko 3 saal ho gaye lekin abhi tak main pregnant nahi ho payi .Dono ke test positive hai lekin mera AMH .36 hai to Dr. Sirf IVF suggest kar rahe hai, please suggest kre ki AMH ko increase karne ke liye mai kya diet lu aur kya Karu ki normal pregnant ho saku?
Am 5 month pregnant .last 2 days I travelled buy car and the roads are in worse condition. Now I have pain in my lower abdomen. I feel like baby is gone bit down. Is it normal or my baby is safe. Am really worried. I went to doc she told me for bed rest. Raised the bed and lay down for whole day. Am far away from my home. She suggested me not to travel. Can you please tell me the exact position of laying on raised bed upside down.
Hello I am 30 years old unmarried girl, My eyes are going deeper inside my face, please give me a solution to overcome.
I had oral sex with my gf yesterday. She drank sperm and she had 2 times vomiting last night. And feeling different in stomach. Is she pregnant?
My menstrual cycle is of 40 day so on which are the days for having sex for expecting to be pregnant?
I had unprotected sex on 16th & 17th July n my ovulation date was 17th July. After this today on 18th July I'm feeling vomiting n my abdomen is paining n feeling heavy. Is this sign of pregnancy?
Hi I have high sugar level because of PCOD so shall I start diabetic medication or should just have balance diet n no stress.
Mensuration problem. I am not having periods since 2 months. Please tell me something so that mensuration cycle work properly
Polycystic Ovarian Disease results from the disorder more commonly known as PCOS or Polycystic Ovary Syndrome. A syndrome is starkly different from a disease, for the former entails a set of symptoms usually occurring in concurrence, while the latter means a particular biological condition with an identifiable reason behind it.
A syndrome solicits your concern and forethought in order to eliminate or at least control the chances of an underlying disease. Trigger to a syndrome is undetectable and hence fighting it efficiently is fairly problematic. It is rare to find adolescent girls without hormonal problems.
Hormonal imbalances are just too common to be a novel topic any further. Polycystic Ovary Syndrome is faced due to imbalances in hormone secretions. It refers to the development of multiple cysts in your ovary. This condition usually affects women falling within the age group of 15 to 50. Eight among ten women, at a given point of time, are reported with PCOS. Symptoms of PCOS, when neglected, can lead to Polycystic Ovarian Disease. If you have been facing similar health issues, it is advisable to undergo a check- up and get diagnosed at the earliest possible.
Symptoms of Polycystic Ovarian Disease
- A receding hairline or increased hair fall can lead to thinning of scalp hair. Such a sign should not be taken lightly as it could be indicative of Polycystic Ovarian Disease.
- Extremely painful menstruation, irregular periods or prolonged periods with heavy bleeding might be reason enough for worrying.
- Development of acne could be another sign. Acne is common to girls attaining puberty, but an unprecedented growth should be a matter of concern.
- Patchy skin, pigmentation and discoloration of the skin are the other symptoms.
- PCOS may also result in continual depression and anxiety.
- Obesity is the most commonly noticed symptom. People suffering from Polycystic Ovarian Disease have lower metabolism and thus, reducing weight is an ordeal.
- Many women tend to grow thick facial hair or chest hair. Such a condition discourages the person to go out in public. It leads to social ostracizing which further bears severe effects on one's mental health.
- PCOS mostly affects women belonging to the childbearing age. As a result of this syndrome, females stop ovulating. Conception becomes extremely difficult as the syndrome may lead to infertility.
Polycystic Ovarian Disease can result in Type 2 diabetes or even cardiovascular problems. If not diagnosed and treated at an early stage, it might lead to ovarian cancer. There is hardly any preventive measure to counter the chances of such a syndrome, but certain alterations in your diet under the guidance of a dietician and regular exercising can improve your health.
Related Tip: "What is Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome?"
When you decide to donate an organ that could make someone normal again, you are actually giving the gift of life, even after you are long gone. Organ donation is the preservation of organs after someone's death, and a cause supported by many people around the world.
Read on to find out everything there is to know about organ donation!
- What is Organ Donation?: Organ donation is the process of pledging your organs through recognised institutions, so that the same may be used after your demise. This pledge usually allows the transplant of healthy organs as well as tissue that can be used to benefit someone who has been going through life without the said organs or without properly functioning ones. While some donations like the kidney as well as some part of the lungs can be done while the donor is still living, most of these transplants happen after the person's death.
- Types of Donation: There are three ways in which one can donate organs. The first is brain stem method where the person's brain activity has stopped due to an injury. In such a case, the heart and other organs may still be working due to life support system like a ventilator. The next method is circulatory death where a cardiac arrest gives rise to the complete loss of function in one's heart and lungs, which can lead to a state where the person cannot be revived. The third kind is living donation like kidney transplant or a small section of one's liver or lungs.
- Importance of Organ Donation: The importance of organ donation cannot be stressed enough. This potentially lifesaving act can help in bringing back someone's sight or give them a heart that beats normally. With organ donation like kidney transplant, one will not need to go through dialysis again. Also, organ donation can save much time, money and effort in painful treatments and give the person a whole new lease of life. It is also important because it ensures that the vital organs are used by a needy person even after the death of the donor.
- Importance of Physical Health: The physical health of the person is important in such cases because the donation should not have negative implications for the wellbeing of the patient. Through a system of donor assessment, the donor is checked for infections and other ailments including HIV so that the same are not passed on to the patient.
- Organs that you can donate: Starting from the eyes to the kidney, lungs, heart, pancreas, intestines, bones, as well as bone marrow and even the skin and corneas, one can donate a number of organs.
I am a female of 36 years and married from last 2 months. I and my husband stay apart because of our job but met thrice in 2 months for more than a week. As I haven't conceived in this span so I feel I should see a doctor. Kindly suggest.
First day of my last menstrual period was 25th Jan. My cycle is of 30 days. I had intercourse during my fertile period. Few days later I started developing lower back ache leg cramps joint pain especially during night. Since last few days frequent urination and constipation. Probably these are pregnancy symptoms. Today on 28 Feb I took a pregnancy test since I missed my period too. But the result was negative. So what I am supposed to do now?
1 am 18 years old I am taking norlut-n from two days I want to take it till 22-3-2016 I want know that If their will be any ill effects on taking it How many minimum and maximum days the period get late Can you suggest another medicine for postponing the periods How many times aday is safer for eating it Pls replay me faster.
My prl level lowers from 30 to 12 after taking cabergoline course. Now I am taking novelon. I want to conceive now. Wat sud I do or ny pregnancy med?
Natural remedies for general weakness:
- Soak 8-10 almonds and 1 teaspoon rice overnight. Remove the outer skin of almonds and make a fine paste. Mix in some milk and a pinch of turmeric powder (haldi). Boil in water and drink this with sugar candy (mishri) or ordinary sugar to taste.
- Take mango slices. Sprinkle 1 teaspoon honey, a pinch of saffron (kesar), cardamom (chhoti illaichi) and rose water (gulab jal) on it. Take twice daily.
- Do 10-15 minutes of warm up and stretching exercises in the morning before leaving for work. This will help to keep you fresh and prevent tiredness.
- Never skip your morning breakfast.
- Take a break from your daily routine. Set some goals in the day to perform. Learn to delegate work as too many things together can be a cause for fatigue and tiredness.
- A warm shower after work or before going to bed is also helpful.
- Avoid cigarette smoking, alcohol and tobacco as far as possible.
- Avoid burning the candle from both the ends by sleeping late and getting up early in the morning. Have a sound sleep for at least 7-8 hours daily.