Lybrate.com has top trusted Gynaecologists from across India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 25 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Pune and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. SunithaYour feedback matters!
I am a 25 year old girl. Have taken unwanted 72 within 1 hour of unprotected sex. My last period started on 30th August and ended on 3rd September. The incident of unprotected sex happened on 7th September. Is there a chance of getting pregnant? When can I expect my next period? Kindly help.
A Pap Smear is a screening test done to to test for occurrence of uterine cancer. Carried out in a quick and simple way to extract a sample, the sample is collected from the cervix area of a woman during a pelvic exam. The examination of the sample takes place under a microscope thereafter to find abnormalities that can point towards cancer and pre cancer changes.
There are many reasons why women should get a pap smear screening done:
- Women who are HIV positive should get this test done regularly so as to detect any anomalies in the cervix. This condition usually comes with higher risk of infections and cancer, which is why regular screening is required.
- Age is also another factor and women over the age of 30 should go through an annual screening on a compulsory basis. This is also true for women who have been through pregnancy and childbirth.
Preparing for a Pap Smear: To prepare for a pap smear test, you need to ensure that you are not menstruating at the time. Also, you may want to avoid sexual activity just before the test so as to get the most accurate readings. During the process, remember to stay calm and relax your body physically.
Procedure: The pap smear procedure is a quick one that might be only slightly uncomfortable. This test is usually carried out on the examination table at the gynecologist's clinic. The legs will need to be spread and placed in stirrups. The doctor will insert a speculum to hold open the vaginal opening so that the spatula can be inserted easily to take a sample from the area. This sample of the cells will be tested in a lab after due preservation.
Test Results: The test results can either be normal or abnormal. An abnormal result does not point at the presence of cancer. Rather it can simply mean that abnormal cells exist in the cervix. The doctor may ask you to go through these tests and screening more frequently so as to study the anomalies in a more detailed manner.
My Pap smear showed moderate neutrophilic infiltrate. My gynecologist advised me to take zifi oz, Izra d and signoflam twice a day for 7 days. From 5th day onwards, I'm experiencing on and off itchy hives. Could this be side effects of any of these medicines? And what should I do further?
My wife have a vaginal infection. She have irritation burning in her vagina. When she urinate its burning. Please tell me what should I do? Tell me some advice or prescription for get rid off vaginal infection.
Minerals and salts are important parts of our daily diets. These minerals play significant roles in the functioning of the human body but, if found in excess, they might adversely impact your health. One such mineral is sodium, which is abundant in most food sources.
Sodium is present in every food in the form of salt. Most forms of meat, canned vegetables and soup, junk food and pickles are some examples of food which are naturally high in sodium. Apart from this, any cooked food will have salt crystals within it. Medical research has shown that most people consume more sodium than what is recommended.
Ill Effects of Sodium Intake in Excess:
- The most common problem caused by the excessive consumption of sodium is high blood pressure.
- High blood pressure, apart from being the cause of strokes can also affect internal organs like kidneys and cause renal failure over time.
- It can also be detrimental to the heart and be a contributing factor to heart conditions as well.
Here are some of the ways through which you can reduce sodium intake through changes in diet.
- Increasing the intake of fruits within the diet - Inclusion of more fresh fruits in your diet will reduce the amount of sodium consumption. Canned and processed fruits may increase sodium consumption and hence should be reduced.
- Changing to fresh unprocessed meats - Certain processed and packaged meats such as in snacks and fast foods should be avoided as they have high sodium content. Hence, consumption of fresh meat instead of processed meat is an effective way to reduce your daily sodium intake.
- Including more leafy vegetables in your diet - Leafy green vegetables such as kale, spinach, and celery have a lot of water and also help reduce the sodium intake in your body.
- Drinking plenty of water - Sodium levels can rise within the body when it is dehydrated. Thus, it is prudent to always keep your body hydrated by drinking plenty of water. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Dietitian/Nutritionist.
I have diagnosed with PCOD 7 years before, in the starting stage Dr. took ultrasound and gave cyclenorm-P and cyclenorm-E then krimson-35 so that my periods got regularised only for 6 months. Then the same problem continued again after 2 years Dr. prescribed same tablets so that for temporarily my periods got regularised but later same problem continues. Now I get periods once in 3 months and I am trying loose weight but due to this PCOD problem I couldn't loose much weight rather I gain weight when I don't get periods every month. Also I have modified my food style and physically active to get rid of this problem. Now I am unmarried need a solution for this?
Iam 6 month pregnant and i am suffering from serious pain in my left side chest n hand n back plzz suggest me something soon.
Hello sir! I do have a question my gf and me had sex last month around 20th march and her date of periods was 10th now its 12th already! No sign of periods nor any symptom of pregnancy in any case she is going to have a test tomorrow! I just need help if it comes positive what shall I buy or what sort of kit or pill can abort the pregnancy? Need help asap? Yes one more thing we hardly have sex once in a while in month and take contraceptive pills olways unwanted 72! This time we had unprotected sex but I made sure I don't ejaculated in her! So can you just help and give me the name of kit or pills to buy and is there any chances of effect of not taking pill this time as every time she took pill and she don't used to disturb even her period date! Get on time every month inspite of pill consumption? I am not able to understand much please help I can't consult you! Don't have n acc if you could pass on a no. For help? I would be grateful!
Recent scan of mine Shows A small heterogeneously hypoechoic SOL measuring 19×14 mm is noted subserosaly along the posterior wall of uterus. How long time it will take to increase fibroid size. What are the complication? And we are planning for a baby Please suggest the cure for it and can it Effect my pregnancy? Is there any difficulty in conceiving?? & medication prescribed by doctor is appropriate??
The disruption of the normal female cycles of menstruation and ovulation after the age of 45 and the loss of her ability to conceive naturally is known as menopause. The associated symptoms of menopause are heat flushes, insomnia, weight gain, depression, nausea and fatigue. While hormone replacement therapy is the most common procedure to provide relief from menopausal symptoms, natural homeopathic remedies can also be used for the same. These remedies are completely safe as opposed to hormone replacement therapy which has a number of side effects.
The following homeopathic medicines and remedies can be used to treat menopause:
- A balanced diet which provides you with optimal nutrition can be helpful in treating menopausal symptoms. When you get enough vitamins and minerals, the physical discomfort caused by the symptoms can be reduced greatly.
- Phosphorus can help with migraines, extreme sweating, numb hands, fast pulse, memory problems and dry and itchy skin. Foods high in phosphorus content are meat, fish, cheese, nuts and seeds of pumpkins, sunflowers etc.
- Excessive deposition of fat can interfere with the hormonal cycles and cause imbalances in the level of estrogen and progesterone. So, regular yoga and exercise can be helpful.
- Amylenum nitrosum can provide relief from profuse sweating, shortness of breath and palpitations.
- Phytoestrogen or dietary estrogen is a compound found in foods such as soybeans, oats, barley, carrots, fenugreek, rice etc. Phytoestrogen can provide natural relief from menopausal symptoms.
- Aurum metallicum is used to get the tissues and organs to function normally again and control feelings of anxiety and claustrophobia.
- Aconitum napellus (wolf's bane) is a flowering plant and its extracts can reduce panic attacks, heat flushes, over excitability and depressive symptoms.
- Argentum nitricum is a nitrate compound of silver which is used to control excessive bleeding in the pre-menstrual stages.
- Belladonna (deadly nightshade) is beneficial for a large number of symptoms such as headaches, fatigue, insomnia, frequent urination, osteoporosis, abnormal weight gain and other nervous disorders.
- Bryonia alba, a flowering plant, is used as a remedy for vaginal infections, rashes and vaginal dryness that are common during menopause.
- Natrum muriaticum, in small amounts, helps to reduce stress. Stress can cause problems in thyroid function, cognitive functioning, digestive system functioning and it can elevate blood pressure levels rapidly.
- Nux vomica (strychnine) is a common homeopathic medicine for nausea, vomiting and indigestion. These problems are seen frequently in menopausal women, especially after meals at night. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Homeopath.
Hi i'm 33 yrs old lady i've stretch marks on my tummy which looks very weird whenever I wore saree this occur after my first baby delivery who is now 10 yrs old is it possible that now without surgery it will gone.
How to improve your eating habits
You are what you eat, and this rings true for everyone. What you eat impacts your health the most, much more than any other thing. What you eat also depends on your environment and the people you share your life with. However, cultivating healthy eating habits does not require a lot of effort. Making small changes to your daily habits and lifestyle is the only way to improve your eating habits permanently- diets only provide temporary help.
Here are some changes to make to improve your eating habits:
- Incorporate more fruits, vegetables, and whole grains into your diet while eliminating unhealthy foods.
- If you are working or studying away from home, try to pack healthy lunch and snacks for yourself to avoid eating unhealthy food daily.
- Don't eat straight from the packet - use a plate or bowl to control how much you eat.
- Don't delay or skip meals.
- Cut down your consumption of aerated drinks and sodas.
- Drink at least 8 glasses of water every day. Drink water after waking up and before sleeping. Being dehydrated may make you feel like you're hungry, so it is important to stay hydrated.
- Have homemade fruit and vegetable juices
- Eat 5-6 small healthy meals every 2-3 hours, every day, instead of having a few big ones. This regulates your blood sugar level and your metabolism.
- Don't skip breakfast, instead, make it rich with complex carbohydrates and proteins, so it can provide you with energy to get through the day. Try to include the following as your morning breakfast, oats porridge, eggs on multigrain toast or daliya with sprouts.
- Avoid artificial sweeteners in processed foods.
- Eat slowly as it takes about 20 minutes for your brain to register if you're full or not. Eating too fast leads to overeating, so chew slowly to digest your food better and control how much you eat.
- Use a smaller plate to control your portion sizes and avoid overeating.
- Know your cravings and do not snack when you're emotional. It is said that you crave crunchy and savory food when you're stressed, frustrated or lonely. Figure out what you crave and replace them with healthier alternatives.
- Do not eat mindlessly; concentrate on your food instead of watching tv or playing with your phone to avoid overeating.
If you would like to consult with me privately, please click on 'Consult'.
Related Tip: Fresh Fruits Vs. Dry Fruits
Dear sir/ madam I am suffering from sever chest pain. It's common during menses but from last too moths the pain continuing after menses. In fact I am unable to move my breast at all. I constant a doctor she gave a evion tablets and acep tablets after using tablets pain is relief but after complete my course again my pain is starting sirPlease give some suggestions.
i am 36 year old n HV fbriod I HV removed one of them due to de unstoppable bleeding. I am planning fr baby too, doc I just want to know wht is main reason of it does affected with our daily diet if yes wht food should I avoid to increase it further? Right now um taking folic acid tablet.
What is the correct method for blood test for pp n fasting what time one should eat dinner for fasting test next day? Two n half hours from the first bite or the last bite for pp? Pl clarify! and what should be the breakfast and dinner before going for blood sugar test?
Bathing soap vs. Body wash: what's better when you take a shower?
The most important part of skincare is keeping your skin cleansed and fresh. But before that, it is imperative to find the right product for the same. Skin type varies from person to person, and hence finding skincare goods most suited to your skin makes all the difference.
Bathing habits directly affect the quality of your skin, which involves picking the appropriate cleanse; i. E. Choosing between a body soap and body wash. Each has a different set of characteristics and comes with its own set of advantages and disadvantages. Let's find out which one is better for your skin.
Why you should choose bathing soap bar:
- it is more effective in removing dirt through deep cleansing
- it is suited to skin that is excessively oily in nature as it contains ingredients that are highly effective in stripping off excess oil from the skin
Why you should not choose bathing soap bar:
- it tends to strip the skin of its natural oils and moisture, making it dry and flaky
- it is unhygienic in case of sharing between individuals as soaps tend to accumulate the dirt from your skin due to direct body contact
Reasons to pick a body wash:
- it has a very mild and gentle effect on the skin in comparison to soaps
- it keeps the skin moisturized by preserving natural oils
- it is more hygienic than bar soaps in case of interpersonal sharing
- it is the most suitable option for dry skin
Reasons to ditch a body wash:
- it contains a large amount of artificial additives and preservatives that can do more harm to your skin than good, giving rise to allergic reactions in some cases
So, who's the winner of the two?
You must certainly base the choice on what's best for your skin type. Body soap is more compatible with oily skin while dry skin is better suited for body wash. A body wash, however, is much more gentle on your skin.
I have doubt I am pregnant. For the important reason I want to know that before miss the period date how early I take urine test for real result? Please help.
Hello Dr. I just want to know the diet for completely healthy and without any birth defect child? So please tell me which lifestyle is best in pregnancy?
"Men get naughty at 40 forty" but for women, the case may be very-very different. By their thirtieth birthday, many women begin complaining of a lowered libido or lack of interest in sex with their partner. This can be quite frustrating for both partners and can lead to a rift in the relationship. Hence, it becomes essential to pay attention to this condition.
The first step to finding a solution to any problem is to understand the factors that trigger it. Some causes for a lowered libido in women are:
- Birth Control and Medication: Birth control essentially manipulates the hormone levels in the body. While this may prevent unwanted pregnancies, a lowered libido is a common side effect of birth control medication. Antidepressants also have similar side effects.
- Over Working: Working hard is a good thing but too much of a good thing can have a negative effect on your health. In this case, overworking may lead to stress, anxiety, fatigue and burnout. This can lead to a weakened adrenal gland. The adrenal glands are responsible for the production of testosterone and in this way, working too hard can be the reason for women to not enjoy sex as much as they once used to.
- Hormonal Changes: With age, every woman faces hormonal changes. This can result in a lack of lubrication making intercourse uncomfortable. Over time, this can lower libido considerably.
- Ways to Enhance a Woman's Libido: A lowered libido isn't something you have to quietly accept. Here are a few ways to enhance a woman's libido.
- Go on a date: Intercourse is as much an emotional exercise as it is a physical one. Cutting back from other responsibilities, work, children etc and spending time alone with your partner can help you emotionally reconnect with him.
- Meditation: Meditation can help calm the mind and reduce stress. This, in turn, will enhance the production of testosterone in the adrenal glands and thereby enhance libido. Meditation can also help you disconnect from worries and tensions that may be weighing you down.
- Medication: When it comes to a diminished libido, medication may be an effective form of treatment, but it must be tailored to the individual. While estrogen skin creams may be beneficial for some women, others may benefit from testosterone supplements. A few antidepressants can also enhance a woman's libido by increasing dopamine and norepinephrine levels. Viagra can also help enhance a woman's libido especially in cases where the lowered libido was caused by antidepressants.