Lybrate.com has top trusted Gynaecologists from across India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 42 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Pune and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Sunitha
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. SunithaYour feedback matters!
Hi. I hv a 6 years old son. Bt before him I had 2 missed abortion. The fetus couldn't grow n I hv 2 abort it. Being my pregnancy there are twin pregnancy n one of them was nt grew bt other was normal. I hv received c-section delivery in 2010. After that I again conceived on 2014 bt the problem was remaining same as the fetus couldn't grw. N I hv to abort it. My all tests reports are normal. Nw I am trying to conceive. please tell me what should I do for normal pregnancy. I hv 28 days cycle of periods.
Ovaries are atrophic due to chemo taken 3 years back. 14th week of pregnancy post IVF with donor eggs. Doc advised to stop crinone gel and progynova and referred to OB.
Mindless munching is usually caused by boredom as well as stress and fatigue, in many cases. Also, not eating your meals on time is another reason why we suddenly feel hungry and end up eating all types of wrong food. This kind of mindless munching usually makes us ingest empty calories, which can make us put on weight and face other health issues in the long run as well. Many of these snacks also contain lots of oil, fat and salt which can cause a range of diseases like diabetes, high cholesterol, high blood pressure and other cardiovascular conditions.
So, how can you cut down on mindless munching? Read on to know more!
- Visual reminders: A great way to ensure that you do not succumb to sudden and unhealthy cravings is to place visual reminders on your desk and on the fridge. Get a print out of the things that motivate you, eating healthy, the daily calorie intake that you need to follow, your goal weight it can be anything! Place these around you so that you realise how much better off you are without the mindless eating.
- Small plates and tall glasses: You can use tall glasses in order to ensure that you are ingesting plenty of water. Many times, mental hunger can be cured with a big glass of water. So even when you are having a snack or a meal, keep a tall glass of water to fill yourself up instead of feeling hungry later and eating mindlessly. Also, use smaller crockery in order to eat less. As per psychologists, this tends to have a bearing on the eating patterns of the person by creating a visual reminder of one helping at a time.
- Variety: Eat all colors of food in order to get more variety, but limit the variety to more healthy food. Keep the various kinds of chips and wafers away from your home and pantry so that you have no choice, but to snack on fruit and dry fruit as well as other healthy options when the munchies strike!
- Be deliberate and present: When you eat slowly, you allow the satisfaction of a good meal to wash over you. This ensures that you have less scope to indulge in mindless eating later. Also, you will feel fuller when you have been more deliberate and present with your meal. This can be done by switching off all devices and the television or smart phone, in particular and actually taking the time to enjoy your food. Many psychologists say that distractions tend to make us eat more, and more often. So it is best to cut these out before you start eating. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a dietitian-nutritionist.
In Naturopathy, one considers the various natural elements as the main forms of medicine which are used by way of therapy for application on the patient in different ways so as to activate the obstructed points. Mud is considered as one of the most important elements of nature, and is widely used in Naturopathy.
This is called mud therapy. This article will tell you everything you need to know about it!
- Uses of Mud Therapy: Mud is one of the five earth elements that form the basis of all forms of treatment in Naturopathy. Mud therapy is used for many reasons including its cooling properties and the dark colour which absorbs all other colours. The cooling properties of mud make it ideal for use in a mud mask or as a cold compress to soothe inflammation of the surface of the skin. This mud pack can be used a cold compress when given the strong support of cool water.
- Types of Mud: The mineral elements of mud differ from place to place as the rock formation and constitution is different for different places. Black mud is the dark cotton seed oil that is rich in minerals and also has a thick texture that can retain water. Due to its thick consistency, pollutants cannot enter and contaminate it too easily. Further, Dead Sea mud is considered primarily as a beauty enhancing mud with many therapeutic properties as well. It has over twenty different salts and minerals including magnesium, calcium, bromide, silicates and even natural tar. It is best used for softening and cleaning the skin. Moor mud is an organically produced mud that is born from floral residue and has traces of herbs in it too. It can be absorbed easily by the human body and has many essential vitamins, fulvic acids, amino acids and plant hormones which can help in detoxification and healing treatments.
- Mud Packs for the Eyes: This kind of mud pack is particularly beneficial for those people who sit in front of computers screens for prolonged periods of time. You can smear a half inch layer after closing your eyes so that it cools the eyes when mixed with water.
- Mud Packs for the Abdomen: This mud pack can be applied on the stomach for at least twenty minutes or even half an hour. Further, you can put a blanket over it if the weather is too cold, so that better absorption happens. This helps in better digestion.
- Mud Packs for the Head: Applying these mud packs on the head can also help in giving relief from congestion and headaches.
It is important to know the consistency and measurement of the ingredients required to make mud packs at home.
I am 25 year female I have PCOD problem from last 1 year what should I do to overcome this problem. My height is 5.3 and weight is 55 kg and I am unmarried.
Ayurveda is a holistic method of treatment which focuses on treating the cause of the disease rather than the symptoms. There are Ayurvedic remedies, which boost the immune system that keeps the body healthy. A well-functioning immune system is essential for your body to be in optimal health.
The various Ayurvedic tips that help in boosting your immune system:
- Use spices in your food: Various spices such as cumin not only add flavor, but also have certain properties which help in boosting immune system. They aid in the digestive process and allow the nutrients in the food to be absorbed more readily.
- Choose wisely: You must eat natural foods as much as possible for a healthy immune system. Eating processed foods creates various problems in the body which reduces your immune strength. Eating natural foods also provide your body with the necessary nutrients and vitamins, which are beneficial for the body.
- Limit alcohol intake: You should restrict alcohol consumption as it impairs the functioning of white blood cells in the body. It also impairs the oxygen delivery mechanism of the body.
- Exercise on a regular basis: You should exercise on a regular basis to keep your body healthy. Exercises such as running improves your cardiovascular endurance and increases stamina levels in the body.
- Sleep: You should get 6 to 8 hours of sleep to help your body recover and regenerate. Lack of sleep can impair the functioning of the immune system and makes you prone to various disorders.
- Herbs: Various herbs such as ginger, garlic and amla help to boost your immune system as they contain various medicinal properties. They increase the white blood cells in the body which enhance the immune system.
- Meditation: Meditation has been linked with lower stress levels; implying that it has a beneficial effect on your body.
- Pranayama: You should practice pranayama as it helps in strengthening the body and calming the mind. It reduces stress in the body thus enhancing your overall well-being. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an Ayurveda.
- Bleeding from Vagina: An abnormal form of bleeding from vagina is medically defined as “AUB / DUB (Abnormal / Dysfunctional Uterine bleeding)”. The bleeding problem which is not responding to medicinal treatment can be dealt with Laparoscopy. Abnormal / Dysfunctional Uterine bleeding is due to abnormality in endometrium of uterus which usually responds to medicinal treatment. In cases where medicine is not able to control the symptoms, uterus, along with both fallopian tubes +/- ovaries, can be removed laparoscopically. In another treatment modality, the endometrium (inside lining of uterine cavity) can be ablated to reduce the troublesome bleeding. Latter procedure is done hysteroscopically.
- Fibroid Uterus: Fibroids are commonly found in uterus. Most of the time they are diagnosed on ultrasound. Fibroids can cause problem in the form of abnormal bleeding (heavy menstrual flow, irregular menstrual bleeding pattern), painful periods (dysmenorrhea), recurrent miscarriage / abortion, infertility etc. Uterine fibroids usually need surgical removal and can be removed laparoscopically as well as hysteroscopically. Any size of the fibroid can be removed with laparoscopic approach.
- Ovarian Cysts: Ovarian cysts are also common finding on ultrasound. Ovarian cysts which persist for longer times, suspicious of cancer, symptomatic (e.g pain abdomen) can be removed laparoscopically.
- Endometriosis: Endometriosis can present as ovarian endometrioma (Ovarian cyst or chocolate cyst), endometriosis implants in pelvis, Adhesions in pelvis (involving uterus, fallopian tubes, ovaries, intestinal loops, rectum etc) or as cause of infertility. All these entities can be treated laparoscopically.
- Uterus Prolapse / Vault Prolapse / Pelvic Organ Prolapse: Uterus prolapse into vagina, vaginal vault prolapsing into vagina after hysterectomy can be treated with laparoscopic surgery.
- Uterine cancer, Uterine cervix cancer: Cancers of uterus, uterine cervix, ovarian cancers after chemotherapy can be treated with laparoscopic surgery in which tumorous tissue can be removed with more precision.
- Ectopic pregnancy: Extra uterine pregnancy e.g. pregnancy in fallopian tube (tubal pregnancy), pregnancy in ovaries (ovarian pregnancy), pregnancy in cervix (cervical pregnancy) can be treated with laparoscopic approach, as per the indications.
- Ovarian Torsion: Due to numerous factors, ovarian tissue twists around its own axis which leads to compromise in its blood supply ultimately leading to infarction of ovarian tissue. Laparoscopically ovaries can be untwisted and fixed to prevent further twisting.
- Recurrent Miscarriage with incompetent cervix: With the incompetent cervix, there are chances of recurrent miscarriage. Few cases of incompetent cervix need cerclage from abdomen which can be performed through laparoscopic approach.
- Blocked fallopian tubes: Fallopian tubes might get blocked due to infections, adhesion or pressure from mass. In few cases, there is requirement of tubal reconstruction in cases of tubal sterilization. All these fallopian tube blocks can be opened with laparoscopic surgery and hysteroscopically.