Lybrate.com has top trusted Alternative Medicine Specialists from across India. You will find Alternative Medicine Specialists with more than 31 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Alternative Medicine Specialists online in Pune and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Ketogenic Diet Treatment
Sexual Therapy Treatment
Treatment of Rheumatic Complaints
Bach Flower Aroma Therapy
Submit a review for Dr. SunithaYour feedback matters!
I am having headache in the morning till noon time since last two weeks. I am 66 years old keeping BP normal by taking medicine. please ADVICE.
Sir, I am a 39 year old male. The problem which I am facing is frequent bleeding in latrine and constipation. Consulted many doctors including gastro entrology specialists and undergone lab tests and endoscopy. But there is no problems detected and advised to have fiber content food and keep exercise. So I like to know the seriousness/reasons of the disease and the precautions to be taken. Thank you sir.
How to get rid of dandruff which is in my hair for bout a year. I hv tried all sorts of shampoos literally. Plsssss help!
I have one sided (left side) head ache from last one hour. And small vibration like feel in the remaining part? Any medication.
For e. G.I am suffering from dry cough for the last 2 weeks and I have chest pain whenever I cough hard. Can you suggest what should be done?
nowadays pimples getting on face what should I do to solve them. Its so hard to getting pimples on face so give me some solution as soon as quick.
Hi, I am a 50 years old Male. Recently I have been diagnosed to have high blood pressure and i am visiting a doctor in my neighborhood. BP is around 140/100 for the last 3 months. The doctor has prescribed Aquazide 12.5 mg bi-weekly and I am having this for the last 1.5 months. There has been much change in the BP since then which I measure regularly from different dispensaries. All I need to know is, Are we going in the right direction with this or need I do more" I appreciate that it would be difficult for you to comment comprehensively, w/o even looking at me.
One doctor told me that, if weight is lost due to chronic anxiety or stress, both LDL and hdl will fall. So my mind forces me to take anxiety or stress to reduce LDL cholesterol. I'm underweight, my weight is losing. But many doctors say that if weight is lost due to anxiety, hdl will decrease and LDL will increase.
I used have acne but now its reducing as I take clindamycin phosphate. But due to acne, pimples, blackheads there are many acne scars in my face. And I have small small hair please suggest me how can I help to attain my face skin to smooth, clean and clear, scar and acne free face. What about the small hairs on my face.
My 5-year-old daughter has asthma. What is the effect of using an asthma preventer long-term? I heard that using it for years might cause bone shrinkage. Is it true? Are there any vitamins or supplements to help vision?
I have severe cough and vomiting since four days. Not able eat anything. What should I do? Is there any problem? I had only chapatti and curry before fever comes.
There is lottt. Of dandruff in my hair. Drandruf can seen in my hair by any one. Well I will use pantjali shape of anti dandruff when I comb to my hair there is lot of dandruff can fall on my shoulder. So this is my problem so please suggest me any way.
Dear I am 28 years old married women. Recently I have been diagnosed with uti and traces of blood in urine. My pulse rate is also slightly high i.e 107 pm. What could be the reason. I am having norflox tz for this infection.
I have a head ache and it is very pain full in the morning and evening what can I do against this? Please send me a solution against this.
In my face black marks and pimples how to clear. please help me am 25 years old and which cream am using.
I have pimple skin amd also I have a lot of dark black spots so please can someone suggest a useful and easy available face cream for good results to remove darkspots please plz I really need help as I have suffering from this for years.
Acne is a common skin disease which happens when the hair follicles becomes full with dead skin cells and oil secreted from the skin. Acne is mainly characterized by vast areas of blackheads and pimples. The appearance of a person suffering from acne has often led to anxiety, and in extreme cases has caused depression as well.
CAUSES OF ACNE-
- Genetics is thought to be one of the main reasons for hair fall due to acne. This is supported both by Twin studies and studies that have shown higher rates of acne among first degree relatives. Acne susceptibility is polygenic as the disease does not follow the Mendelian inheritance pattern.
- Another reason for acne is related to hormonal activities such as those during menstrual cycle and puberty. During puberty, sex hormones called androgens increase which causes the follicular glands to grow larger than normal. Many hormones like testosterone, dihydrotestosterone, dehydroepiandrosterone sulfate and growth hormone have been shown to have links with acne.
- Many bacteria like the anaerobic bacterium are suspected to be a reason behind acne. Infection caused by the parasite Demodex is also responsible for causing acne.
Role of Diet in Acne-
Different studies have been done to establish a relationship between diet and acne but there is no evidence to prove so. Some tests have shown different degrees of acne intensity due to high glycemic diets. Another unproved study shows consuming dairy milk is linked to higher incidences and intensity of acne. One recent experiment has shown a relationship between acne and obesity however no relationship is found between acne and insulin metabolism. Vitamin B12 may cause skin problems similar to acne.
Cigarette smoking and acne has been a ground for high debate among biologists. Some medical records have shown that cigarette smoking increases the severity of acne.
Some studies have also shown that stress or other psychological causes worsens acne. Acne severity is linked to high stress levels.
- Scars are a common symptom of acne. Acne scars are caused due to inflammation in the skin dermal layer. The scar is made by an abnormal form of healing after the inflammation. These scars are classified on the basis of whether excess collagen or collagen loss is caused by the abnormal inflammation.
- Nodular acne lesions cause pigmentations. This often leaves a red, inflamed mark even after the lesion has been cured.
- A diet low on glycemic index is recommended for treating acne.
- Benzoyl peroxide is the first step in treating mild to moderate acne. This is because of its high effectiveness and mild side effects. The peroxide causes drying of the skin as a side effect.
- Antibiotics are very much used for treating acne. Oral antibiotics are highly recommended. This is because of their anti-inflammatory properties.
- Azelaic acid when applied at 20% concentration is effective for treating mild to moderate acne.
- Natural treatment methods include applying tea tree oil or bee venom to reduce the amount of lesions in acne.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!