Lybrate.com has top trusted Psychiatrists from across India. You will find Psychiatrists with more than 29 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Psychiatrists online in Pune and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Sunita Ramam
Treatment & Management of Stress
Treatment of Mood Disorder
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Sex Addiction Counselling
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Anger Management Therapy
Treatment of Behaviour & Thought Problems
Quit Smoking Techniques
Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
Memory Improvement Techniques
Obsessive Compulsive Disorder Treatment
Treatment of Abnormal Behaviour
Psychological Diagnosis (Adult And Child)
Submit a review for Dr. Sunita RamamYour feedback matters!
My son went to uk for M.Sc. Engg. In july, 2007, he did not complete study but did job in petrolpump, bunk up to end of 2011. First psychologist diagnosed as paranoid psycho sis, for one year he did saap, testing tools and some courses but not appeared exams for 2 years taken resperidol consta along with some medicines. He still in withdrawal condition we approached another psychiatrist who is giving treatment to some extent it is improved but not doing any thing simply sees tv serials, cinemas, but not thinking about his future. He is under medicare from 2012 to till date. I am afraid of my sons fate. Alternate day he takes bath.
When you act as the caregiver for a loved one, you may not find it to be a chore. But do you know it can have a severe impact on the most resilient person in the long run? This is known as caregiver stress, as caregiving is often offered by people who are non-professionals, mostly by family members. They tend to ignore their health and well-being while caring for the patient. And, this situation places the caregiver at a risk of both mental and physical health issues. The syndrome usually comes into the picture at a very late stage and by then most of the damage has already been done. In order to detect the problem at an early stage, it is important to know the exact symptoms of Caregiver's Stress.
What are the signs of caregiver stress?
When you are a caregiver, you are always focused on the loved one without realizing that this will create issues in your health and wellbeing. You should watch out for the signs and symptoms of caregiver stress which may include:
- Feeling constantly worried or overwhelmed.
- Feeling physically exhausted most of the time.
- Sleeping issues.
- Gaining or losing weight inexplicably.
- Becoming irritated or angry at trivial matters.
- Having body pain and headaches.
- Abusing prescription drugs or alcohol.
When you are subjected to a lot of stress for a substantial stretch of time, it will cause harm to your health. You will become more susceptible to anxiety and depression, and you will not get enough sleep and physical activity. These, in turn, would increase your chances of developing health disorders such as diabetes and heart ailments.
How to deal with caregiver stress?
The emotional and physical demands involved in the act of caregiving can be physically debilitating. This is the reason why you should take advantage of the resources available to provide care for the loved ones. It is crucial to understand that when you are not taking care of yourself, you will not be competent enough to care for anyone else. Here are some of the best ways to manage caregiver stress:
- Seek help: You should be prepared to accept how others can aid you, and you should also allow the other person to do what he or she prefers to do for you. Pay attention to what you can offer: It is normal to feel guilty at times, but you should understand that nobody can ever be a perfect caregiver. You should focus on giving your best and making the best decisions for your loved one.
- Set your goals right: You should be aware of your ability and then prioritize your activities. You should be prepared to decline requests that can be emotionally or physically draining yourself. You may also join a support group that would offer encouragement for you.
The first step to solving any problem is acknowledging that there is an issue. Take care of yourself well, so that you can care for your loved one efficiently.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
I am using combiflam with zinetac tab for body pains daily morning and restyle 0.5 mg three tabs at 10.00 PM for sleeping are there any side effects if so what kind of side effects pl. Let me know without side effect medicine for the above problems.
How Can I quit my 10 yrs. Habit of taking Alprazolam' in Daily-Basis, when I lost job, I'suffered' from'Depression' and'No sleep condition which made me a'Habitual''Alprazolam-take (10 mg/Day-in stat'Dosage'-,I mean 10tabs of 1 mg each'Tabs' taking as'stat' dosage.)-- then I started'self - belief' of'Taking Alprazolam' in'Reduced''Dosage' by'Tapering' the daily dosage. Though, I had IBS' problem and I knew that'Alprazolam' have the ability of curing IBS, it also led me to'take''Alprazolam' Anyway, Right Now I'm taking Alprazolam 0. 50mgx4tabs=2 mg' in combination with'Melatoin' 3 mg (Brand-stresnil 0.50 mg of' Aristo Pharma.) with full strength of Amitriptyline AND chlordiazepoxide two (2) tabs stat (Brand-Amixide) at night before go to bed. Now I feel stress and Anxiety-sleep sleep at Night (from 11: 30 P to 5: 30 A and have no IBS-problem and getting good amount of'energy' for the next day to'work' with my fullest'Potential' But, I myself tried very much of'quitting' these'Medications' but, once I tried the same for consecutive two to 4 days, I just have the same'No sleep at Night and full day disturbed with'Anxiety' and'Depression' and ultimately could not concentrate in my work-place, that's why I'm still not able to'QUIT' these'Medications' at'Night' only. Please tell me'what' are the way to quit and keep myself'stress-free day with full energy, and'Rest full nights Please also advise me -what are the probable'side-effects and'Adverse reaction in future. P. S:-- I'm married for last 10 yrs. And have a'Happy- Married-life with our 1 (One)'Daughter' of 7 yrs. Aged. And I, myself is running-through 44 yrs. Hope, I'll get a satisfactory answer from your end soon. Thank you very much.
I had a few seconds of unprotected sex mid-cycle (14th day). Then, used condom and also took Ipill in 15 hours. It's been 10 days since I took the Ipill, still no bleeding. Just feeling light headed, a little bloated and slight pain in lower back. Really tensed. My next date is due on 20th May. What can I do right away to check the risk and ease my anxiety?
In the modern day lifestyle, it is extremely difficult to be stress free. Even a tiny situation like losing your pen to a something like meeting a deadline at work can cause stress. Stress acts like a catalyst to different diseases like high cholesterol, hypertension, cardiac diseases, etc. You cannot avoid stress, but what you can do is help yourself fight it; and you can actually fight stress with the help of food as well. Here are a few food items which will help you with your fight against stress:
- Chocolate: Chocolate is one of the best stress busters. It contains magnesium, phenyl ethyl amine and carbohydrates, all of which help lift your spirits. Chocolate helps in the reduction of stress hormones, helping you to relax.
- Coffee: Coffee helps your brain signal the production of BDNF (a brain derived protein), which helps to keep your brain cells healthy. A low level of BDNF can cause a lot of stress and depression. Coffee triggers many neurotransmitters, which control your mood changes; so may be a cup or two of coffee will help your to be chirpier.
- Green leafy vegetables: All green leafy vegetables like spinach contain a high quantity of magnesium. Magnesium prevents headaches and fatigue, which in turn reduces stress.
- Black Tea: Black tea can relieve you of stress, quicker than any other food item. Black tea reduces the amount of cortisol, a hormone which causes stress, and gives you a feeling of calmness.
- Milk: Milk contains calcium, which is known to ease anxiety and control sudden mood swings related to PMS or post menstrual stress.
- Bananas: Bananas have a huge content of dopamine, which is a natural chemical that works towards boosting your mood. This is the same chemical released in your body after a session of working out. Bananas also have a lot of potassium and B group vitamins which work towards soothing your nervous system and a lot of magnesium which brings in positivity to your mood.
- Almonds: Almonds are rich in vitamin E and group B vitamins, which will help you to be more resilient when you are depressed or anxious.
So if you are stressed out, pop in a few almonds or have a cup of tea, and release your stress.