Lybrate.com has top trusted Psychiatrists from across India. You will find Psychiatrists with more than 28 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Psychiatrists online in Pune and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment & Management of Stress
Treatment of Mood Disorder
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Sex Addiction Counselling
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Anger Management Therapy
Treatment of Behaviour & Thought Problems
Quit Smoking Techniques
Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
Memory Improvement Techniques
Obsessive Compulsive Disorder Treatment
Treatment of Abnormal Behaviour
Psychological Diagnosis (Adult And Child)
Submit a review for Dr. Sunita RamamYour feedback matters!
I always feel depression just because of work load. So what should I do to cure myself and what medicine I should take to be fine?
My mind does, t sleeps as I was always thinking about wats goin on, wat I did today, my life means I am not able to control my thoughts even during sleeping time so as result no sleep and always feeling sleepy tell me how to control my thoughts to get a sound and deep sleep.
I lost somebody close last year and since then full depressed and prefer keeping to myself all the time. Please help me.
I get frequent headaches and weakness. I forget the things and can't remember my studies. Am I in Depression?
Hello every one! my problem is I get used to think whole day more n more my mind never stop like a reel is playing in my mind continuesly. Dnt know why is happening this to me. Negative thoughts came and anxiety fear of dying is happen most of the time. Dnt know why? I tried mdd xr, cnotril, petril md. But did not worked on me then I droped it and start meditation and yoga and join gym now this will happen when I am alone and I think I am in pressure or dnt know may be depressed plzzz help mee xr, cnotril, petril md. But did not worked kn me then I droped it and start meditation and yoga and join gym now this will happen when I am alone and I think I am in pressure or dnt know may be depressed pleasecontinuously. Dnt know why is happening this to me.
I am pursuing my Phd in very short period of time(less than three years). Now I am in last 4 months. I have to make use of every minute of my life but I am not able to be calm down patiently and sit for my work. I have 1000 of things running together in my mind. Generally in day time I feel strengthy and in evening I feel depressed. I have plan to go for counselling after my phd for better understanding of myself. But as of now I am in emergency and I need to concentrate a lot but I am not able to. I feel anxious and runaway everytime from the situation.
I do silly things when am angry like last time I took 1 whole strip of sibelium 10 mg n 1 of naproxen 500 mg. I just don't want to do these things but I loose control of myself even am sad or angry or feel helpless. I do not have friends or anyone who loves me except 1 person n my parents want to keep him away from me. Please help me.
Most people think that having a smoking habit adversely affects only the lungs and the heart. But apart from known links to lung cancer and heart disorders, smoking also causes skin damage. The intensity of damage is directly proportional to the number of cigarettes one smokes in a day and the number of years one has been smoking for.
Here are 7 of the horrible things that smoking does to your skin
1. Premature ageing: the process of skin ageing is accelerated by a smoking habit. The chemicals that are ingested through the smoke cause your skin to age much faster, making it look loose, dull and coarse, with uneven colouring. Most smokers have a muted orange or grey tinge to their complexions.
2. Wrinkles and lines: the nicotine from smoke constricts blood vessels in the outer layers of the skin, thereby cutting off the supply of oxygen and nutrients. This causes the skin to develop visible fine lines and wrinkles at a faster rate.
3. Scarring and pigmentation: since blood is not flowing properly to the outer layers of the skin, it is more susceptible to broken capillaries and veins, which can cause dark scarring and pigmentation on the face and other areas.
4. Darkening of the lips: constant exposure to heat from smoking causes stark darkening and pigmentation in the lips, which also become dry and coarse.
5. Delayed wound healing: the presence of nicotine, tar and other chemicals in the blood causes cuts and wounds on the skin to heal at a much slower pace with an increased risk of infection, blood clot formation and death of skin tissue.
6. Increased risk of skin disease: smoking makes the skin prone to various diseases and conditions like psoriasis, which happen as nicotine adversely affects the body's immune system.
7. High chances of skin cancer: skin cancer and oral cancer are the two lesser known variants of the diseases that can be caused by smoking. Skin cancer is far more common among smokers than among non-smokers.
The harmful effects of smoking on the skin are not entirely discernible until after 10 years of prolonged smoking. Fortunately, your skin starts to heal itself when you kick the habit. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Dermatologist.