Lybrate.com has top trusted Gynaecologists from across India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 34 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Pune and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Endometrial Ablation Procedure
Treatment of Treatment of Breast Cancer
Management of Abortion
Hormonal Replacement Therapy Treatment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
Little vaginal bleeding during hard stool when I had a missed period for 3 days. What does it mean. It stopped just after stool it happened only once.Please tell.
I am a girl. Most boys like to suck my anus in his mouth. Is there any disease from these to me. And to that boys. If we get infected from anus sucking sex. What we do next step to avoid infection.
I am 26 year old and have pcod syndrome and now in my recently abdomen scan its level is 6-8 cc and my doctor sugest me to stop dronis 30 medicine for 3 months to record menses cycle I want to know is pcod curable at this level and is it fine with 6-8 cc and for hiw much more I need to take this treatment as I take dronis for 1 year and now stopped this mnth please help me as my parents are looking for marriage.
Pls guide about calender system. My wife has regular period on 23rd every month. So when we go for safe sex without taking any protection. Pls tell elaborately. We are confuse .pls. We just got married. Regards.
My friend is fatty. She is suffering from pcos. Her main fat is on neck. Its really dark from the sides & very fatty. Doctor says it may be because of thyroid but actually its not. How she can get rid of it?
I am 22, female. My height is 5'4 and I have gained 3 kg over a period of 20 days. My weight is 58.5 kg. I have PCOS and I have recently bought focus Ves for weight loss as prescribed by a family doctor. I want to know the best way to use it to gain maximum benefits. Thanks in advance.
I recently got little to excited with my girlfriend and happen to cross the limit we didn't had a penetrative sex but I happen to rub my penis over her vagina before that I had cummed and we happen to wipe it then did this act. Is there any chance she will get pregnant? If yes what do we do?
Hello sir/madam, My wife had an abortion after 2 weeks of pregnancy by abortions pills. Now her health got normal but her breast size still remain increased and sagy. Also she has some fluids leaking from her breast. I request you for some advice to regain her original size. Thank u.
You are just a few weeks away from the greatest joy of your life. As you keep counting moments, do not be afraid. The journey to the greatest joy can be a joyride too. Your doctor will take care ot your worries, clear all tour doubts. Just follow some simple dietary and exercise regimens, maintain basic hygiene and it will make things a lot easier for you.
1. Exercise regularly, after consulting your doctor e. G. Walking, yoga and meditation.
2. Maintain personal hygiene by bathing, brushing teeth, trimming nails regularly.
3. Wear clean, loose, comfortable clothes.
4. Keep surroundings clean.
5. Get enough sleep, minimum 8 hours.
6. Consult your doctor before taking any medicine and take them regularly.
The doctor will ask you to:
#take medications like folic acid during months 1-3, iron & calcium supplement from the 4th month onwards.
# get 2 tetanus toxoid (tt) injections after the 5th month, 4 weeks apart
# get your blood and urine tests done.
7. Visit your doctor for routine check up every month.
In case of emergencies such as severe abdominal pain or cramps, leaking of fluids from the vaginas even if there is no pain, swelling of feet or hands, bleeding from the vagina & decrease of foetal movement, contact your doctor.
1. Smoking & smoke filled surrounding, lifting heavy weights, wearing high heels.
2. Long journeys, crowded transport and bumpy rides. Consult your doctor before travelling.
3. Sex if you have unexplained bleeding, history of miscarriage or premature labour, pregnancy with twins or triplets or disorders of the placenta.
Consult your doctor regarding sex during pregnancy.
4. Getting up suddenly from the bed if you feel dizzy or giddy. First turn to the side, sit and then stand up slowly.
1. Avoid consumption of coffee, tea, preservatives (e. G ajinomoto, alcohol, spicy and fried foods.
2. Avoid excess taking salt intake in case of history of hypertension.
3. Take a diet that is rich in proteins, carbohydrates, minerals, vitamins. Foods that are rich in nutrients and could be taken during pregnancy are -
-proteins - milk, pulses, legumes, nuts, cheese, whole grains, soybean, egg, meat.
Green leafy vegetables, dry fruits, whole grains, dates, lean red meat, fish, poultry.
Berries, green leafy vegetables, beans, orange juice, broccoli, nuts, fortified cereals
Green leafy vegetables, milk & milk products like cheese, ice cream, curd, fish.
Oil, ghee, sweets in small quantities.
Vitamins, minerals- fruits (2-4 servings daily, vegetables (3 -5 servings daily)
Nausea, vomiting & acidity are common during pregnancy and can be managed by taking toast, biscuits, frequent small meals, medications and plenty of fluids.
Average weight gain during pregnancy
1st trimester: 1 kg
2nd trimester: 5 kg
3rd trimester: 5 kg
Total: 11 kg minimum
The weight gain depends on your weight prior to pregnancy.
My wife of 42, What is the best contraceptive pills. Daily or weekly or monthly or six monthly. We use saheli, it fails, we use ayurvedic b gap, it fails, we use copper T, it fails, nonstop bleeding. Just abortion last month. I do not like to use condoms. We do not want vascatomy or tubectomy. She used MALA Dfor a long time, with this lactation starts. But now she starts MALA D again from her mensuration cycle. Is it safe. What should we do to avoid pregnancy. We want to do direct sex, without using any condom. Pl guide.
I am 21/F and have a problem of irregular menstruation since i was 15. How much ever i workout my weight keeps on increasing and i weigh 100kgs right now! currently, on my gyno's advice, i am on OCP- ovral g, i get my periods with it but as soon as i leave it, to test any improvements, i again stop getting my periods! my weight and my periods are a huge issue for me now. Pls help!
According to the WHO a third of the world population is obese, obesity is caused by overeating, act of physical activity, age factor, hereditary,and sometimes malfunctioning of the endocrine glands causing excessive fat accumulation. Food is meant to generate energy in the body so as to enable each and every organ to discharge its individual functions. To avoid overeating one has be careful of portion control and eat at a fixed time. Each meal should have a combination of carbohydrate 50 to 60 % of total calories + protein 35 to 40% of total calories and fat 20 to 25% of total calories. Dietary fibre of 25 to 30 grams a day obtained from whole grain, fruits and vegetables should also be taken in sufficient quantities as it imparts a sense of satiation and reduces the food intake. Indian diets are usually high in carbohydrates leading to higher incidence of diabetes. This can be countered by increasing proteins in each meal along with fibre,which gives a controlled balance to sugar levels in the body. Use unsaturated vegetable oils like olive, rice bran, soyabean and sunflower oil to maintain and reduce cholesterol and maintain heart health along with Omega-3 from flax seed, nuts (almonds and walnuts) or fish oil supplements, including vegetable juices in your daily diet improves the antioxidant level and fibre in the body and helps in weight loss.
How to make meal plans customized to your BMR
Step 1 - Calculate your BMR
|Women's BMR||Men's BMR|
|+ (9.6* of your weight in kilos)||+ (13.7* your weight in kg)|
|+ (1.8*your height in cm)||+ (5*your height in cm)|
|- (4.7*your age in years)||- (6.8*your age in years)|
|= ___________ Calories per day||= ___________ Calories per day|
Step 2 - After calculating your BMR ,and to start weight loss cut 200 kcal from your BMR.
For example if your BMR is 1600 kcal choose a meal plan that is 200 kcal lower I.e is from 1200 to 1400 calorie meal plan.
The main meals should be three meals like your breakfast ,lunch and dinner and the in between meals should be like fruits ,veg juice ,dry fruits,dry bhel , roasted chana, a slice of cheese ,which are not very dense in calories and high in nutrients.
STEP 3 - Eat every two hours with three main meals and three small meals.
STEP 4 - Drink plenty of water through the day at least 8 to 10 glasses.
Exercise - Lack of physical activity means there is no energy out put and this results in weight gain over the period of time because as we age our BMR reduces (basal metetabolic rate : that is total number of calories your body requires for normal body functions excluding any activity factor like exercise, BMR is the energy used for metabolic process of maintaining life itself and usually accounts for two thirds of total daily expenditure ). To maintain a healthy weight increasing the BMR is essential and this means increasing the muscle mass over the fat mass as 1 pound of muscle burns 6 calories at rest and 1 pound of fat just 2 calories. Increasing muscle mass can happen only through physical exercise and adequate protein in the diet thereby, increasing fibre and reducing fat in the diet.
Advantages of Physical Activity
- Helps to keep digestive system in optimum condition
- Improves cardiac rhythm and output
- Maintains flexibility of body
- Energies blood vessels and does not allow cholesterol deposits and improved heart health as it does not allow fat accumulation
- Improves peristaltic action of intestine and rectum and removes constipation
- Helps in improving insulin resistance in the body especially in PCOD and PCOS(poly cystic ovarian syndrome )
- Maintains the sugar levels in diabetic patients
Other Causes of Obesity
- Age factor: Obesity is generally prevalent in the middle age as the BMR reduces as a person ages especially if he or she does not exercise, but weight gain can be gender specific as women have more fat mass and the weight gain during pregnancy is common due to increase in fat in the diet, but in recent years there has been a rapid rise in obesity in children and teens due to over indulgence in junk and fast foods, which have high amounts of refined carbohydrates and hydrogenated fats. Heredity also plays an important role in fat accumulation. Children of obese parents do have high chances inheriting obesity from their parents as genetic factor could be a contributing factor rather than excessive food. In such cases physical activity plays a very important role for weight loss
- Untreated Hypothyroidism: Hypothyroid causes a drop in the BMR and increase in fat percentage and if untreated can cause weight gain, but once on medication they have improved metabolism.
- Drugs: Use of oral contraceptives, steroids, insulin and phenothiazines is generally followed by weight gain to stimulation of appetite.
- Alcohol: Alcohol is just empty calories and 1ml of alcohol gives 7 calories and this causes weight gain along with the fat laden food eaten while having alcohol, overeating is usually a consequence of drinking leading to weight gain and drinking coupled with smoking increases the lipid levels in the body affecting the heart health
- Fasting and Yo Yo Dieting: The process of losing weight and gaining weight several times throughout a life time is often characterised by increased fatness with each cycle (Krause food and nutrition therapy). Fasting is dropping calories to less than 600 to 800 over a period of time, which causes starvation and breakdown of muscle mass and lowering of BMR and once one gets back to normal diet there is sudden surge in weight which then gets difficult to rid off.
- Water: Incredible as it may seem water is a very important catalyst in weight loss,water suppress the appetite naturally and helps metabolise stored fat. Drinking water is best for fluid retention caused due to excessive intake of salt, the more water you take, more it dilutes the excess salt and reduces the fluid retention. Eight to twelve glasses of water in a day is the optimal intake.
- Stress: Stress is a another precipitating factor for weight gain which causes damage to the heart. Excessive stress causes an increase in cortisol and thereby, increase in fat percentage in the body and weight gain. An emotionally charged and highly strung nervous system can adversely affect the coronary arteries and deteriorate the heart.