Lybrate.com has top trusted Gynaecologists from across India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 26 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Pune and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Sunita LodamYour feedback matters!
Dear Doctor, after sex with my wife my sperm is getting released in her vagina but after 30min or an hour so when she uses bathroom all the sperm getting injected in her vagina is falling down. Please suggest what to do such that she becomes pregnant.
I am 29 year old male. I got married three years before. Till now I didn't get any child. My medical report and my wife medical reports are fine only doctor said. What could be the reason getting late.
My period delay by 45 days TSH 1.401 μIU/m, Blood Sugar Fasting 110, Pregnant Test negative weight 69 kgs. Please advice.
Human bones are continuously being removed and formed, which is necessary for its proper maintenance. However, in certain cases, especially with aging, some bones and joints will be worn down to an extent where the body will not be able to reform them. This is especially true in the case of hips, which may become worn due to age or other problems within the body.
Hip replacement surgery:
When this happens, a hip replacement surgery can be performed to replace the original joints with a prosthesis or artificial hip, which is usually made out of metal or a specially formed composite material or even a combination of the two. Along with other parts, it replaces the natural hip with an artificial hip to restore mobility and other related functions.
Benefits of hip replacement surgery:
- Lessening hip pain: This is one of the major factors as well as symptoms of requiring hip replacement surgery. Due to the grinding down of the bones, even the slightest movement causes pain and after the surgery and the recovery period, the pain is lessened.
- Correction of bone deformity: When the bones grind down and are abnormally reformed, deformities may occur reducing mobility. Artificial hips will ensure that deformities are corrected and resulting problems are thus eliminated.
- Return to normal activities: This is possibly one of the primary advantages of this surgery, although it entails a long recovery period. However, most patients can get back to their normal activities and are able to resume a pain free life.
- Ability to have painless sleep: Many people who suffer from hip displacements or bone deformities are not able to sleep properly due to pain. After the surgery and the recovery period, they can return to normal functions and habits, thus are able to sleep properly.
- Leg strength increase: Many patients tend to have an increase in their leg strength as one side of the hip tends to become very weak due to bone problems before surgery. After surgery and recovery, the same side tends to have an increased strength due to the implant.
- In most cases a lifelong solution to hip problems: As the hip replacement prosthesis is made out of metal and if the operation is successful, it usually tends to last till the end of a person's life and this area usually doesn't tend to have problems again.
Related Tip: "5 Common Causes of Hip Pain in Women"
Hello doctor. I am trying to get conceive. Actually I can feel pain in stomach and get whitening during ovulation .to get pregnant when should keep intercourse before or after pain ? Before pain or after pain wen der ll b d release of egg which Is the right time .today is my 11th day I can feel dat pain suddenly is this d right time to try for getting pregnant ?
I am 27 year old meri ovary m kafi month c itching h aur White discharge b hota h kya kare jo khujli bnd hojae.
I'm having an irregular periods for example once in 3months I tried many home remedies but I didn't get the best results and I need your suggestion please help me.
I had sex using condom before ten days and I'm facing heavy constipation and bloating and today my date of periods and I'm not having my periods yet does it mean I'm pregnant.
I had unprotected sex with my wife a day before period that was on 30th June, 16. We used pull out method and as I remember I didn't ejaculate inside. Now she's late in her periods for around 7 days. Her vaginal area remains wet all the time. Is it the symptoms of pregnancy? please clear my doubts! Thanks.
Is it safe to take flexon tab, neurobion forte tab and pantodac tab while breastfeeding? Please suggest.
Hi doc can I have intercourse after using vaginal progesterone. My gynaec prescribed me vaginal progesterone 200 mg. After u/s she found that my follicle is getting rupture .so she prescribed vaginal progesterone for 15 days from yesterday how should I plan intercourse while using suppository.
The manufacturers are producing breakfast cereals as per the consumer’s preference, but at the cost of their health.
Many cereals are high in sugar and refined carbs. Added sugar is a bad component of our modern diet and most of the sugar coming in our diet reaches through processed foods, of which breakfast cereals contain relatively higher amounts of sugar.
Avoid cereals high in sugar and carbohydrates. This will be a healthy option, with lots of dietary fibres, minus the unwanted components like sugars, thereby ensuring a nutritious breakfast for you and your family.
My mother wants to eat curry leaves daily empty stomach with lukewarm water. Is this okay or not. She have diabetes and blood pressure also?
I am 29 year old, I am trying to conceive from last 3 years, I have gone through three IUI but all were failed, I am suffering From PCOD, My weight is 56. I stopped my treatment from couple of month. Thereafter my periods also get disturbed I got my last period after 1 month of due date. I start taking Gynaeven Ayurvedic Tablets and folvite. My tubes were normal as per HCG. Please suggest me what should I do?
After the eggs are collected and fertilised in the laboratory, the embryo transfer takes place. Usually and this entirely depends on your situation, about one or three embryos of the best quality are selected to be transferred to the womb. After introduction to the uterus, the egg attaches itself to the wall of the uterus for the pregnancy to come into effect. Embryo transfer is the last step in the IVF cycle.
The procedure chosen for transferring embryos usually depends on the clinic chosen. But most of them involve the following steps:
- The eggs take two or three days to fertilise. When they are ready, the embryos with the best quality are selected. These are then transferred to your uterus.
- A speculum is inserted into your vagina by the doctor. Then using ultrasound for guidance, a catheter is passed through the cervix. This catheter is used to pass down the embryos into the uterus.
- Your lifestyle after the transfer should be docile and cause you minimum stress.
- A pregnancy blood test will be given to you two weeks after the transfer. If the test comes out as positive, an ultrasound is scheduled after another two weeks.
In the process of transferring the embryo, there are no significant risks involved. There might be problems during passing the embryos through the catheter, if you never have had a baby before or your cervix was not assessed before the IVF cycle was initiated.
Chances of Successful Pregnancy:
With age, female fertility declines. It helps if you are younger when using your own eggs. After a survey it was found that women:
- aged below 35 have 40.6% chance of success
- aged between 36-37 have 35.5% chance of success
- aged between 38-39 have 28.1% chance of success
- aged between 40-42 have 21.2% chance of success
- aged between 43-44 have 11.2% chance of success
- aged 45 and over have 3.4% chance of success. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Gynaecologist.