Lybrate.com has top trusted Gynaecologists from across India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 33 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Pune and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Sunita Kale
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Sunita KaleYour feedback matters!
When it comes to the brain and IQ, is bigger better? Does size really matter? Is there really a connection between the size of your brain and intelligence? With the help of findings by neurologists and scientists, we seek to find out!
- Ailments and the brain: Scientists have found that children with autism have a brain that has grown in a disproportionate manner in the very first year of their life. This prevents the child from making connection in a normal manner. On the other hand, children and adolescents who suffer from Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder or ADHD show sign of having a much smaller brain size. Many scientists have shown that the size of the brain shrinks as we age and this does not have any visible effect on our cognitive abilities.
- It’s all relative: The size of the brain does not really have a bearing on the way a person’s cognition gets shaped. Even large mammals like elephants and whales are finally hunted and tamed by humans who have smaller brains in comparison. The brain is made up of billions of neurons, which need to function properly. It may be seen that scientists consider the brain mass in relation with the rest of the body so as to speculate about the cognitive abilities of the person. Why is this required? Large animals need a well functioning and proportionate brain size to control and run their organs with proper cognition for satisfactory results, which is what we humans seem to have done.
- Neanderthal brain: Historically, the earliest man or the Neanderthals are said to have had larger brains than we do. These people are believed to have brains that are at least 10% larger than the brains that we have in our modern times. The shape of their brain was different too. They were also heavily muscled people which had a bearing on the size and shape of the brain and bodies as well as the lean tissue within the brain. They also survived very successfully for a period of over 200,000 years, which obviously points to some form of elevated cognition, as per many scientists.
- Animals: While animals with small brains like lizards and reptiles do not perform too well on IQ tests, the animals with bigger brains like elephants and dolphins perform much better. But the medium sized brain of monkeys, lemurs and other animals are said to perform in the best manner. The correlation between the body size and the brain does not seem to hold good here, as per various researches.
So the verdict as per medical science and research stands divided! If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Neurologist.
My wife is 7 months pregnant but her belly looks smaller what does that mean is there any problem please advise.
Am 20 trying to conceive. I usually has 35 days cycle. I got my last period on 10aug and ended on 15aug. But today again I got period it is not a spotting its like normal period bleeding is there anything wrong what shall I do plzz help.
Healing the Sore Penis After Masturbation Marathons
Most men masturbate. And when they do, they usually have their own unique way of getting the most out of the experience. For some, a quickie is all they need and they are on their way. But for others, a masturbation marathon isn't out of the question - and in fact, might be the norm. While this can be an interesting way for a guy to test his mettle or enjoy long hours of pleasure on a lonely night, the result can be a very sore penis the next day.
So what's a guy to do? Nobody wants to give up masturbation marathons, but nobody wants a sore penis, either. The key here is to know how to avoid a sore penis if at all possible - and if it does happen anyway, knowing how to ease the sore penis skin is a sure way to get a guy back in shape in no time.
Preparing for the marathon
As the old wives' tale says, an ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure. That's a saying that rings true for almost anything, and that includes masturbation soreness. By taking a few steps before and during his marathon session, a guy can avoid the "cures" that he might be reaching for if he winds up with a sore penis. Here's what he can do.
1) Load up on lube. Though it can be tempting to try dry masturbation, most men are going to wind up in a world of hurt if they do that as part of an all-day interlude. A guy should start out using lube and continue to do so, reapplying it when it wears away. This might mean using half a bottle or more, but that's okay. Avoiding a sore penis is worth it!
2) Vary the grip. Some men have their masturbation routine down, and that's fine for a quickie now and then. But those engaging in a marathon session might want to take their time and explore new worlds, so to speak. Changing up the grip can avoid too much pressure on one area of the penis, which in turn helps a guy maintain good penis sensation all over his equipment.
3) Remember no pain doesn't mean no damage. When a man is really aroused, he might ignore pain signals - or he might not feel them at all. It's only in the aftermath that a guy realizes he hurt his delicate penis skin. To compensate for this rush of hormones that cancel out the pain signals, a guy should stop periodically to consider what he's doing, and whether he needs to change his grip or apply more lube.
What to do about a sore penis?
So what if the prevention steps didn't work? Then it's time to ease the sore penis. Here's how a guy can perform a little TLC for his favorite equipment.
1) Take some time off. A guy who is feeling the not-so-sweet fruits of his labor should take some time away from sexual activity while his penis has a chance to heal. A few days of no touching should be enough to let the skin heal and rejuvenate.
2) Maintain good penis care. In the meantime, good penis care is essential. A guy should wash gently in the shower, never scrub, and pat the skin dry when he's done. He should also take care to watch any irritations or abrasions on the penis, so that he can tell if they are getting worse.
3) Use a penis health crème. The skin will need a little boost in healing, which can be had with a top-notch penis health crème (health professionals recommend Man 1 Man Oil, which is clinically proven mild and safe for skin). He should look specifically for a crème with Shea butter and vitamin E, which provide not only healing, but plenty of hydration to help a guy avoid the dry, sore penis that can result from excessive masturbation.