Lybrate.com has top trusted Gynaecologists from across India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 33 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Pune and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Sunita KaleYour feedback matters!
Had periods on 15sept, had sex on 28th Sept, took pill on 29th, again had sex on 2nd, but he did not finish inside me. Can I get pregnant or do I need another pill?
She is 20 years old. Is there any medicine to stop pregnancy after 2 months plzz suggest the name of medicine.
After delivery of my baby I gain weight. I also suffering problem of periods. When I take medicine periods comes when I stopped medicine periods did not come. Can periods problem cause fatness. My baby is now 16 month. I want to lose my weight. What should I do.
I am 25 years old. My partner touched his penis on my vagina for sometime without any penetration .We dint have sex. My periods are 14 days late now. I tested wth home pregnancy kit after 7 days and 14 days of missed period. It came negative. I do get menstrual light cramps but not getting periods. I have no other pregnant symptom also. How can I get the periods? And this confirms that I am not pregnant?
Good for your brain: Almonds are a source of many nutrients which help in the development and health of the human brain. Almonds have been connected to a higher intellectual level and they have long been considered an essential food item for growing children. Almonds also contain two vital brain nutrients, riboflavin, and L-carnitine, which have been shown to increase brain activity, resulting in new neural pathways and a decreased occurrence of Alzheimer's disease.
Regulation of cholesterol: Regular consumption of almonds helps to increase the level of high-density lipoproteins (HDL) and they reduce the level of low-density lipoproteins (LDL). This balance is vital to a healthy cholesterol level, and a reduction of LDL (bad cholesterol) is always a good thing.
Bone Health: Almonds are a fantastic source of many vitamins and minerals, and phosphorous is definitely counted among them! Phosphorous can have a considerable impact on the strength and durability of bones and teeth while also preventing the onset of age-related conditions like osteoporosis.
Detoxification is a process which helps in cleansing toxins. The toxins which are ingested may give rise to health problems such as insomnia, body aches, fatigue, distraction, and depression. If the chemicals present in your system are unwanted and affecting your well-being then you can opt for cleansing the toxins from your body by following a detox diet. Here are 5 things you need to know before you embark on a detox diet:
1. Not all healthy foods help in detoxification - All foods that help in detoxification are healthy but the reverse is not true. You need to have sound knowledge about anabolic and catabolic food before you start the process of detoxification. Anabolic foods belong to the 'body builder' variant, rich in protein and fat. Chicken breasts, eggs, and fish though otherwise fine to eat should be avoided during detoxification. Catabolic foods help in breaking down toxins in your body. This includes vegetables, fruits, and other complex carbohydrates.
2. You may have a bit of sickening feeling initially - Some people experience sickness when they start a detox diet. Cravings for usual food, nausea and headache can distract you for a while. But if you aim to eliminate the toxic substances from your body you need to have patience. Getting an adequate amount of rest and drinking filtered water and plenty of herbal tea can help you reduce the symptoms experienced. Gradually you will feel stable and energized.
3. Do not opt for a detox diet when you are sick - If your immune system is weak due to sickness then hold off the plan of switching to a detox diet until you regain the lost strength to prevent adverse effects. If you are sick then strengthen your body by eating a well-balanced diet, rich in protein and fat. Also, eat fruits and nutrient-dense vegetables. When you recover completely and feel healthy you can opt for a detox diet.
4. You will be back to putting on weight - A good and proper detox diet can eventually result in permanent weight loss and increased metabolism. However, if you start gulping down foods rich in protein and fat, you are bound to put on weight. This will not be a matter of concern if maintained up to a certain extent since the liver helps in opening up pathways to metabolize fat. But if you persistently splurge on cookies, pizza and beer then all the benefits of detoxification will get reversed.
If you would like to consult with me privately, please click on 'Consult'.
Last month just after my menstrual cycle I had intercourse with my husband. And now I am having my periods 3 days delay. It started in the morning as normal. Am I pregnant as sometimes even in pregnancy period happens?
My wife is 26 week pregnant. Her 75g glucose tolerant test result is 133. Dr. Said it's border line. It should be below 140. 5.5 kg weight increased in last 2 month (5th & 6th month of pregnancy ). Dr. Prescribed BGR-34 for precaution for Gestational diabetes Is BGR-34 safe in pregnancy? Can blood glucose level control through diet without taking medicine? 140-199 is prediabetes. Is level above 140 considered as a Gestational diabetes?
Sir when I press my breast it leaking milk out, but I'm not pregnant and not make abortion, I, m taking tablet for migration, gastric and monthly period problem is this any harmful for my body.
I am 22 years old. We first time had sex. We didn't actually had sex but we tried to inter course but didn't reach the point. We Both did not felt anything after it. Should I take unwanted 72 for unwanted pregnancy. Even if I am not sure if I will get pregnant or not.
My wife delivered last 3 months ago. Every 15 days once Vaginal Bleeding After delivered. Please suggest me. Can we meet our consult gyn or not . We are very upset and tensed.
I gone through creatine last month 15th December but still I did not got my periods. Usually how much time it takes or should I take pregnancy test. Pl suggest.
Does an anemic girl with haemoglobin 8.5,going through her 7th week can abort her child, if it really necessary? Please suggest.
Are you pregnant and waiting to be a mother for the first time? Pregnancy is an ideal time for you to start taking care of yourself emotionally and physically. It is not a very simple thing and is associated with several complexities. Here are nine ways, following which you can undergo a healthy pregnancy:
- Consult your doctor or midwife immediately
- After finding that you are pregnant, get in touch with your doctor or midwife for organizing antenatal care.
- You will need to get important pregnancy advice and prepare for scans and tests that are required.
- Eat properly
- Consume a healthy and balanced diet on a regular basis comprising carbohydrates, protein servings, and fish.
- Take supplements
- Take pregnancy vitamin supplements in case you are not getting the essential nutrients from your everyday diet.
- Consume folic acid and vitamin D in large amounts during pregnancy.
- Maintain proper hygiene
- For keeping away from a condition known as listeria, you should avoid food items that may harbor the listeria bacteria, such as unpasteurized milk, under cooked meals, raw and under cooked meat, and many more.
- Work out regularly
- Regular exercise is important during pregnancy.
- Go for yoga, swimming, walking, and aquanatal classes as you need to build your endurance and strength. This prepares your body to deal with pregnancy.
- Practice pelvic floor exercises as these help in having a toned pelvic floor that ensures you of a smoother childbirth.
- Avoid alcohol
- Alcohol is unsafe during pregnancy, and you should totally try to avoid drinking. Heavy drinking during pregnancy is fatal for your baby in several ways.
- Avoid caffeine
- Avoid having mild stimulants such as coffee, cola, and tea when you are pregnant. The high caffeine amounts may increase the chances of miscarriage
- Avoid smoking
- Undertake pelvic floor exercises
It is also very important for you to get sufficient rest when you are pregnant. You are bound to get tired easily because of pregnancy hormones that are in high levels. Try taking naps during the day if your night sleep is disrupted. Try relaxation techniques such as yoga, stretching, massage, deep breathing, and visualization. For a healthy pregnancy, without any complication or hazards, these also play an important role. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Gynaecologist.
In Ayurveda, vata is considered to be extremely important. It regulates the movements of your body and mind. In the body, large intestine is considered to be the main site of vata as well as in the bone tissue. Therefore, medications which are administered through the rectum affect the bone tissue. Vata maintains and regulates our daily activities, nervous system as well as our excretion. An enthusiastic and a lively mind are all manifestations of a balance of Vata.
Subsequently, its imbalance is considered as detrimental to health. Basti therapy is a treatment that manages the pain and treats the diseases arising from this imbalance. In this, a liquid concoction of sesame oil and other herbs are inserted through the rectum, which in turn treats various ailments arising from the imbalance of vata, such as pain in the joints, in the spine and back as well as painful menstruations.
Before Basti therapy, Abhyangam and Sedanam are practiced. Enema can be assumed, but Basti has power to detox and nourish as well. Yoga Basti for is done for 8 days, Karma Basti for 1 day and Kala Basti for 30 days, or according to the health issues and affected system, in order to drain doshas and nourish dhatus.
There are primarily three types of Basti therapy:
- Uttar Basti
All three of them, individually treat various ailments, some of them are:
- Stiffness in the back and pain in the spine: In this method, pain in the spine and vertebral column are managed and treated. It involves pouring warm, herbal oil on the spinal cord, which is retained by small wells created from flour or gram paste. This method is particularly beneficial for treating back problems. This method nourishes the liquid in the joints that consequently relieves you of the pain.
- Bell's palsy: Bell's palsy is a disease where the muscles on the face become weak or you suffer from a facial paralysis. Basti therapy has proved to be particularly beneficial in treating it. In this, a medicated oil is placed on the head for a specific period of time which helps in treating Bell's palsy as well as any numbness on the face.
- Painful menstruation: Though menstruation is a natural process, most women suffer from extremely painful cramps during this time. Anuvasana therapy is extremely useful in lessening this pain. In this various oils and decoction enema is provided to patients, the consumption of which have resulted in significant improvements. Painful menstruation cramps are also treated by Uttar Basti where medicines are provided through the uterus. This method helps in cleaning the blockages in the uterus as well as providing nourishment to it.
Ailments that accompany monsoon: Though monsoon provides relief from the scorching summer, but at the same time it is accompanied by a host of diseases. With the onset of monsoon and the fall in temperature, there is a tendency for acidity and the vata that was accumulated in summer manifests itself in loss of appetite, indigestion and piles. Basti therapy operates as a corrective for the vata imbalance and treats various digestion related problems. At the same time it also prevents return of the ailments. The oils and decoction used rejuvenates the body and as well as help in regulating the metabolism.
Dealing with an unplanned pregnancy because of contraception failure. Girl is 23 years of age and periods are delayed by 5 days with symptoms like white discharge and nausea. Tomorrow we are conducting the home pregnancy test, and if it turns out to be positive, is it possible to get it aborted, maintaining the privacy and if yes, what kind of hospitals are we supported to visit at our locality. How can provide moral and mental support to the person who is scared and emotionally stressed?
Libido or sex drive means the desire to have sex; there are a number of reasons that can lead to low libido. There are a number of methods by which you can increase your libido, some of them are:
Exercise is one of your major weapons against low libido; make sure to exercise on a regular basis as it helps in improving circulation in the body. Do various exercises such as squats and push-ups to improve your strength and endurance. It is known to increase production of sex hormones and endorphins in the body.
2. Limit smoking
Smoking cigarettes causes complications in the body as it is known to be a vasoconstrictor. The blood vessels tend to narrow, thus leading to damage in the arteries and veins. The veins of the penis may be damaged leading to sexual problems.
You need to sleep adequately and sleep sound as sleeping deficiency has been linked with erectile dysfunction. Sleep also revitalizes your body and releases beneficial hormones in the body.
5. Restrict alcohol consumption
It is important that you restrict alcohol consumption as alcohol in excess may lead to obesity and other related disorders. It may also lead to mental health problems such as anxiety which can impair sexual drive.
6. Cut down on coffee
Coffee is a known vasoconstrictor as it tends to narrow your blood vessels. It limits blood flow, thus may reduce your sex drive. Make sure you limit coffee intake to 1 or 2 cups of coffee to avoid the complications.
Include plenty of vegetables and fruits in your diet to get the necessary nutrients in your diet. Vegetables such as cabbage and broccoli contain antioxidants that protect your body against free radical damage. Include oily fish such as salmon that is rich in omega 3 fatty acids because they help in improving sexual drive.
If you want to have a safe pregnancy by curtailing all sorts of complications, then you have to promptly respond to warning bells. There are certain warning symptoms that should not be neglected at all as that might put your pregnancy in danger.
- Bleeding: This kind of situation cannot be ignored as that often leads to serious issues like placental abruption or miscarriage. In this case, you are definitely in need of the assistance of any expert midwife.
- Swollen face or hands: Slightly swollen face or hands in pregnancy are normal, but if you observe excessive puffiness, especially on your feet and ankles, then it is a warning sign as it might lead to toxaemia or PIH. Therefore, consulting a doctor is very much needed in this regard.
- Abdominal pain: Round ligament pain is quite normal, and you do not have to worry about the same. But if the pain is accompanied by bleeding, then the danger of miscarriage might come into being, and thus you should be very much alert about the same.
- Blurry vision: Both blurry vision and dizziness are the commonest pregnancy symptoms. But if they get increased suddenly, visit your doctor.
- Itching: Itching is common during pregnancy mostly due to stretching of the skin. Your skin also becomes dry. But if it continues for long, then you should check the same with your doctor for avoiding liver disorder.
- Fever: Exposure to flu and cold viruses increases during pregnancy, as a result of which fever occurs. But if the fever lasts for more than 48 hours, then viral conditions can be expected, which are pretty dangerous.
- Unwanted back pain: Normal pain in pregnancy is alright, but excessive pain might indicate bladder or kidney infections, preterm labour, miscarriage or cyst. All these conditions should be essentially avoided to ensure a healthy pregnancy.
- Gushing of fluid: If you are not in labour, but are feeling wet constantly, then it is better to see a doctor. There might be a great possibility of breaking of water, and this is quite dangerous in the advanced stage of pregnancy.
Less movement of baby Experiencing baby kicking is quite natural during pregnancy, and if stops suddenly, then there is something wrong. Kicking patterns should be followed and then only you will be able to realize whether the baby is normal or not. If you are facing any of the above symptoms, then immediately visit your doctor.
I need a clarification on uterus size, I have undergone scan last week and it shows my uterus size is 6mm. Hope this is not an issue to conceive. I'm suffering from pcod and treating it. I have even undergone laparoscopy in the month of September. Please let me know the possibilities for pregnancy.
They say that you don’t know what value of what you’ve got until you lose it. Well just like how it applies to your relations and the materialistic benefits in life, in the same way it certainly applies to your health, too.
The topic of benefits of being healthy is not an unknown one. We all know the basic rule: eat healthy, stay healthy. But then that’s not enough for being fit, is it?
The art of eating healthy needs to be complimented with exercising and being happy & distressed. Imagine you are maintaining your diet but are always depressed and find everything dull. Does that mean you are healthy?
Of course not! And the conception that buying healthy foods, which always seem expensive and joining gym always burns one’s pocket.
But there are many helpful and simple ways to stay fit and healthy without breaking the bank. Below are some simple rules (besides exercising and staying distressed) that don’t need you to go bankrupt, and will ensure you are not only physically but also emotionally fit
Ensure that you have sound sleep. A typical 7-8 hrs of sleep is a must for a healthy mind and body. Your body needs to relieve and distress itself and sleep is the time when it gets to do it.)
Do at least 30 minutes of exercise, for at least 4 days a week, to maintain good health and keep fit. This can be anything that is physical, for e.g. cycling, walking, swimming, jogging running, to even gardening. If you are not interested in joining gym then resorting to these physical activities will ensure you stay your healthy best.
Your body needs to cleanse itself every now and then to prevent you from falling sick. Drink minimum 2 liters of water every day for good health.
Have the “me time”, Take out time for what you love. Indulge in hobbies and activities that give you immense pleasure. It may vary from reading, writing to shopping, movies etc. – anything that cheers you.
It also includes catching up with your loved ones and spending quality time with them. Many researchers suggest that spending quality time with your loved ones is not only good for your heart but for your mind too since you are emotionally contented.
So just give a look at the above rules and it will definitely lead you to a healthy life- in a true sense.