Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Physiotherapists in India. You will find Physiotherapists with more than 38 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Physiotherapists online in Pune and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Sumit K Gupta
Spinal Surgery Disorders
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Treatment of Nerve And Muscle Disorders
Treatment of Hip Disorders
Neuro Physiotherapy Treatment
Treatment of Knee Injury
Pregnancy Exercise Therapy
Treatment of Sports Injuries
Treatment of Splinting
Treatment of Spondylosis
Arthritis And Pain Management Treatment
Heat Therapy Treatment
Post Pregnancy Classes
Orthopedic Physical Therapy
Treatment of Shin Splints
Submit a review for Dr. Sumit K GuptaYour feedback matters!
I sprained my ankle while playing football, I applied ice immediately how ever after 2 days its still swollen and pain a lot. Can it be a fracture? please help im in a lot of pain.
Hi Doctors! I have pain in my elbow. While lifting something having pain. I had consult orthopaedic. He has prescribed painkiller tablet. Like nurokind. After completion of this course again pain started. please help. Thank you.☺
I am 26 year old main labour work karrta hun raat ko ghar aane ke baad body pain to common hai but raat so kar uthne ke baad joint pain ki wajah se uthna mushkil ho raha hai please help what I do.
I'm 46 years old and under depression for the last 10 years and taking melzap 2 mg in the morning and Esteem-HD (Alprazolam. 25 with propranolol Hydrochloride I.P.) daily. Now I have waist stiffness and left leg side fingers feel like ants are running over on.
Hi I am suffering from extreme weakness my weight is too low I am 55 kg where my height is 5.7. I suffer from leg pains around joints and suffer from cold n cough really bad. I smoke as well.
Hi . I am suffering from severe pain from heals last 10 days as I am police I should wear shoes at least for 8 hours .plz suggest me.
I am 59 year old diabetic man (weight 92 kg) and have pain in right knee for last two months mainly in backside of knee. The pain is more after sleep or rest. Pain reduces after around 50- 100 steps. I suffer from mild to moderate AO. Some times I feel pain in lower right side of back also. According to X ray report surprisingly gap in right knee is more than left knee. My bone density is normal. Please advice can I walk without pain.
Mere dost Jo police department mai karyarat hai unko bp problem hai or sciatica hai please help him.
I was suffering from pre patellar Knee Bursitis from past exact two months. Swelling and inflammation is no more. But can't give strain to my right knee like standing straight with the same knee and still I can't walk normal. I can but like tortoise. I am doing my exercises regularly as suggested by doctors but still I feel that jerk inside and outside little pain. One thing it has been reduced to 70%. Does it more time to heal completely?
Club foot is a deformity in infants. It is a general term to refer to some unusual positions of the foot and ankle. It is known as talipes equinovarus. The foot of the child is twisted out of shape and is rotated inwards and downwards at the ankle in this condition. The affected parts such as the foot, calf and leg appear to be smaller. It can be mild to quite severe. If not treated, it makes walking difficult as people with this condition have to walk on the sides of their feet.
Club Foot has two types-
- Postural or Positional.
- Fixed of Rigid.
The exact cause of club foot is still unknown as it is a birth defect. Genetics and environmental factors seem to play a major role. Some possible causes of club foot are-
- A skeletal abnormality such as spina bifida cystica, hip dysplasia or developmental dysplasia is linked with club foot.
- It can be passed down through families due to genetic reasons. If either of the parents or any of their children born earlier have a club foot, then the newborn baby also has the possibility of developing this condition.
- Disruption in the neuromuscular pathway in the brain, spinal cord, nerve or muscle can be the reason.
- It has a link with the maternal age, smoking habits and conditions such as diabetes of the mother. Using recreational drugs during pregnancy and getting an infection also increases the risk.
- Sometimes, in very few cases, it can depend on the position of the baby in the mother’s womb.
- Not enough amniotic fluid surrounding the baby in the mother’s womb can also be a cause of club foot.
As mentioned before, club foot makes the feet twisted.
- The foot is twisted downward and inward, and so severely that it looks as if it is upside down.
- The feet, calf muscles and legs are underdeveloped and small.
- The arch increases and the heels are turned inward.
Club Foot causes some complications in the child’s life.
- Basic Problems: There will be difficulty with movement, walking and fitting a shoe size.
- Arthritis: There is a chance of developing arthritis.
- Poor Self Image: During the teen years, the body image will be a concern because of the unusual position of the foot.
It cannot be prevented completely because the cause is still unknown, but there are some tips for pregnant woman to limit the risk.
- No smoking.
- No alcohol.
- No unapproved drugs.
The treatment of club foot starts right after birth. There are several treatment methods.
- The Ponseti Method: In this method, the baby’s foot is bent gently by a specialist to the right position and a plaster cast is applied.
- The French Method: Massage, exercise, stretching and immobilization of the foot are performed under this method.
- Surgery: If other methods do not work, then a surgery is performed to adjust the tendons, ligaments and joints of foot and ankle.
After the treatment, the baby needs to wear special boots with a bar that holds the feet outwards in the right position this prevents the club foot from returning.
Club foot is a severe deformity that can create serious problems for the whole life. Hence, it should be treated right away. Parents are advised to consult a doctor as soon as they notice the symptoms. In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!