Lybrate.com has top trusted Dentists from across India. You will find Dentists with more than 36 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dentists online in Pune and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment & Management of Braces
Treatment of Tetracycline Stains
Root Canal Treatment
Management of Dental Hygiene
Artificial Teeth Treatment
Braces Treatment for Adults and Teens
Ceramic Braces Treatment
Teeth Scaling & Polishing
Dental Extractions Procedure
Orthosis Fitting Procedure
Fixed Partial Denture Procedure
I have a severe pain in my teeth. One of my teeth had catch germs so my doctor had suggested me to do root canal but my teeth is paining very badly please give me some quick solution for the pain so that I can reduce it please.
I am 49 years old male, having a pain in the jaw left side inside my teeth of the lower jaw and also my cheek inside is also paining near the same area.
When a small cavity isn't treated in time, the tooth decays badly that normal filling cannot solve the problem. In such cases, your dentist will probably advise you to undergo, a root canal. When performing a root canal, the dentist will remove the nerves and pulp within the tooth, clean the inside of the tooth and seal it. After this procedure your tooth will not sense anything and should be pain free.
However, in some cases you may still experience pain after root canal and there are four main causes of this pain:
- Swelling of ligament around the tooth: One of the signs that you need a root canal is swelling of the gums. Even after the nerves and pulp within the tooth are removed, the ligaments around the infected tooth may still be swollen. This can take some time before the tissue is normal again. In most cases this is the cause for pain after a root canal procedure.
- Damaged tissue: Part of the root canal procedure is to clean the insides of the tooth. Here the dentist must be very careful to not go beyond the tooth. In some cases the file used to clean the tooth may go beyond the root and damage the tissue there. Another possibility is that the sealant used to fill the tooth may go beyond the root, thus aggravating the tissue. This can take some time to heal and may cause pain.
- Excess filling: After the tooth has been cleaned, the dentist fills the tooth with a sealant. If excessive sealant is filled in the tooth, it may become taller than the surrounding teeth, which puts extra pressure on the tooth and results in soreness and pain. The dentist will have to remove the excess sealant in order to resolve this issue.
- Phantom pain: Phantom pain is rare when it comes to root canal. This occurs when the nerve leading up to the tooth still behaves like it were connected to the tooth despite the nerve within the tooth being completely removed. The peripheral nerves will need to be treated to resolve this issue.
In most cases, these events cannot be prevented. There is also no reason to expect that this is a symptom of your root canal being a failure. Stay in touch with your dentist and brush and floss your teeth regularly. You will soon notice the pain subsiding.
This is the most frequently asked question whenever we suggest teeth cleaning. Let me try and clear some misconceptions
Scaling and polishing is professional cleaning of ur teeth. We remove the plaque and tartar ( yellowish white , brownish, blackish deposit on inner side of ur lower teeth)
How will cleaning help you?
For patients it is stoppage of bleeding gums and foul smell. But doctors advice cleaning as more of a preventive treatment rather than curative treatment. Cleaning of teeth will prevent inflammation of gums ( hence no bleeding gums) and bone loss (hence preventing loosening of teeth)
Is cleaning painful?
it cannot be termed painful. U can say causing a bit discomfort but easily bearable by all.
What to expect after u have undergone cleaning of teeth?
1. No bleeding gums
2. Considerable reduction In foul smell
3. U will feel mouth is much lighter
On the downside u will feel
1. Spacing in between ur teeth has increased ( it is not actually the spacing that has increased, but removal of tartar in between ur teeth gives u the feeling that gap has increased)
2.Teeth become sensitive ( it is because a lot of tartar is removed which leaves ur root of teeth exposed to oral cavity. It usually subsides gradually within 15 days)
3. Inner surface of ur lower teeth are rough. ( it is because tartar may not be completely removed from those surfaces. Roughness is felt for 2-3 days only)
4.Lower front four and upper two teeth are sensitive while cleaning of teeth ( it is because those teeth are relatively smaller and less thickness of enamel. Hence vibrations are felt in dentin and hence sensitivity)
As a dentist I would advice to undergo cleaning every 6 monthly.
If not 6 monthly then
1. Whenever u spot yellowish white deposits on inner side of ur lower front teeth
2 . If u Hv bleeding gums
3. If u Hv smelly mouth
4. If u Hv gum problems.
5. If u feel ur teeth are loosening.
Remember it is a preventive treatment. More u neglect , more irreparable damage it causes.
Hope it was helpful . Good day
Sir. I got valuable response from your doctor. Actually I need to removed teeth from both side upper and lower. Two teeth lower side and two more teeth second lower and one teeh from upper part. And after One time.
Hello,i had removed my one tooth 3 years back now i want to fit new tooth and clean 2 teeth . So what will be the cost ?
Hello sir/mam, my brothers teeth are yellow and he brushes twice a day but have no difference. He want to make his teeth white what should he do.?
Hi doctor I have a wisdom teeth which formed a year back. And it pains a lot whenever I eat in that affected area so let me get a good solution for this ?
I am 23 years old and 3 days continuous headache occurred and the mouth ulcer for next 1 week as the headache stopped. What might be the reason and remedies to it. Please help.
1- improper oral hygien
3- food substance like garlic, onion
4-clean your tongue properly.