Lybrate.com has top trusted Anesthesiologists from across India. You will find Anesthesiologists with more than 25 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Anesthesiologists online in Pune and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Cancer Pain Management
Epidural And Spinal Anesthesia Techniques
Diagnostic Cardiac Procedures
Treatment of Transcutaneous Electrical Nerve Stimu
Submit a review for Dr. Sumannt MahavanYour feedback matters!
I am only 17 year old male. But I have a severe neck problem. I am using the neck belt and also pain reliefs for this problem. But got any relied from this problem. So please say me what should I do now?
My friend is 18 years old female she has neck pain from 6 months what's the solution for her problem any home remedy please.
I am 42 Years age Male I am having a pain of my left arm upper jont what is the problem let me knwo.
I have a hard pain in my left hand si that reason I can't lift or carry any heavy thing for a moment so what can I do in.
Sir I'm 20 year old male 6th September 2016 I broke my humeral bone due to arm wrestling. I was undergone a surgery to fix my fracture. A 8 screw plate was attached to realign my bone. I have no nerve damage and everything is fine. I have a very big passion for weightlifting. I used to lift 25-30 KGS dumbbell and was regular to gym. NOw I'm highly demotivated and tensed about my left hand. Will I be able to gain that strength again? Can I lift heavy weight with this plate in my arm? Can I continue passion of weight lifting after full recovery? Will my hand be same as before with plate in it? What are the precautions to be taken if I do lift weight with plate in my arm. Please help me. Thank you.
Sir my age of 22 early morning I am wake up my body is pain predominantly shoulder and leg what should I do?
I am 25 years old male and I am suffering from backache from last 3 weeks. please tell me what should I do?
Sir or mam I am having a hypochondriac condition regarding muscle twitching that I am relating it to dreadful neurological disorder although neurologist have told me that there is nothing serious disorder ita just a anxiety. Today I feel non stop muscle twitching it is also sign of anxiety but I am hypochondriac .please help.
Iam suffering from severe pain in my left leg. Please will you suggest treatment for how to get relief from leg pain. Please give valuable suggestion.
I am 42 years age physically quite active in a hill station approx 15 km walk everyday however for past one month or so I have mild pain near left shoulder blade does not aggravate with physical exertion and appears to be external but when there is a burp it increases slightly and there is a similar pain in front portion of chest exactly opp to it in other discomfort is there possible reason pl.
age 42. And I have a problem of cervical bulging C6-C7. And pains at back bone, neck Hands, also headache. Some fertile balance disturbed. Pls suggest what type of diets and Yoga can be done.
I cannot find out what I really want in my life. Got into depression and unmotivated. Still no job since I completed my Master degree 2 years back. Now I am 28 years. Some I feel hopeless. What should I do so that I can get what I want? The job and lead a more productive life.
My grandma is 70 year old lady and she is having knee pain from past 10 years and we consulted many doctors but nothing happens what to do?
I am a female aged 19. I am having a sever shoulder neck and back pain. I have consulted many doctors taken many medicines and applied many ointments but didn't got any relief. My exams are up on my head, can't concentrate on my studies. Please need your help. Thanking you.
It is built on the concept of maintaining the balance of various body elements including blood, nutrients and the energy force known as ‘chi’ which flows along lines called meridians in the body for optimum health. Putting pressure by finger placements at designated points from where these meridians can be accessed, is supposed to unblock the flow of energy to get rid of chronic pain and disease.
Acupressure for pain-relief
- Acupressure is used for a variety of ailments. One of its most common uses is to relieve pain, such as back pain, sciatica, menstrual cramps and headaches.
- It can also be used to help with nausea and vomiting, fatigue, stress, weight loss, and even addictions.
Acupressure helps relieve pain in different ways, like
- It is believed to cause deep relaxation and a decrease in muscle tension and is thus useful in relieving low back pain, post-operative pain, and headaches.
- L4 point, for example, is commonly used for stress, facial pain, headaches, toothaches, and neck pain.
- It is located on your hand between your thumb and the index finger.
- Liver 3 point (LV3) is also used for stress, lower back pain, high blood pressure, menstrual cramps, insomnia, and anxiety.
- This point is located in between your big toe and second toe, in the soft flesh.
- You can press these points yourself for about 4 seconds and then steadily reduce pressure to experience relief from pain.
How does acupressure work?
- Studies have been done and are still being done to understand how acupressure relieves pain.
- They suggest that acupressure releases endorphins and promotes anti-inflammatory effects, helping with pain due to arthritis like back and limb pain.
- Endorphins are the pleasure-inducing, painkilling chemicals that flood the brain and numb pain signals.
- A few theories also call acupressure something that’s all in the mind and no more than a placebo. But either way, it does provide relief to patients when done over long periods of time.
- Acupressure is also an effective way to treat depression during pregnancy, and to reduce the pain of menstrual cramps, according to a new research done at the Stanford University School of Medicine.
Similarly, a recent Korean study has found that acupressure treats menstrual cramps more effectively than pain killers. If you want to benefit from acupressure, you need to press the pain points over time as each time you manipulate the pressure points, you help balance your ‘chi’. Some people may see results immediately, and sometimes results are seen after some time. Pain can also return. You have to keep pressing the pressure points to keep the pain away forever. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor.