Lybrate.com has top trusted Oncologists from across India. You will find Oncologists with more than 38 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Oncologists online in Pune and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Sujay Hegade
Submit a review for Dr. Sujay HegadeYour feedback matters!
I have pain in my right breast after period it's little nd 10/12 days before of period feeling pain little much. Whats the reason behind this pain is it normal?
I am 27 years old guy. I've a lump in right hand near biceps. Its neither different in colour nor paining. But i'm in concern regarding that. So what should I want to do. Is there any ointments available for dissolving that.
I am 18 years old. I want to know that the weight gainer like proteins that are available at medicine shops nd the gym trainers also advice us to take are good for health or they are bad for health? I also want to know that these proteins causes cancer or not?
Sir/Madam I have one problem. My chest is looks like as ladies breast. I feel ashamed in front of others during functions etc. How to remove that shapes and how to get original mans chest. Please give me a suggestion. Is there any treatment to it suggest me & cost also. If you do not mine tell me as early as possible.
I am a diabetes patient and prostate gland. I got to know about my situation related to prostate in 2005 and about diabetes in 2006. According to suggestion of doctor I visited, I took the medicines but it didn't work. What should I do?
The lower part of the digestive system is known as the large intestine (colon), and colon cancer is the name given to the type of cancer that affects it. The rectal cancer is the cancer that affects the last few inches of the colon. Collectively they are known as colorectal cancers. In most of the cases, small, noncancerous (benign) clumps of cells called adenomatous polyps are formed in the intestine. They are not harmful on their own, but over a period, they enlarge to become colon cancers. Let us have a look at the early symptoms.
Polyps and the symptoms
Polyps are very small and do not display symptoms on their own. Doctors advise regular screening test to find polyps and destroy them before they can aggravate to colon cancer. In most of the cases, the symptoms start to appear only in the advanced levels. These include:
- Changes in the bowel movement: There can be severe diarrhea or constipation. There can also be changes in the consistency of the stool.
- Blood clots in the stool: There can be a persistent bleeding when passing out the stools. In some cases, there can be a general discomfort and pain while passing the stool.
- Severe abdominal discomforts: Abdominal cramps and gas can be a regular occurrence. They would not respond to any digestive medications.
- Weakness or fatigue: The body tends to get weak and fatigued easily. Even performing essential activities can be a daunting task.
- Unexplained weight loss: Even after a proper diet, the body tends to lose weight. Weight loss can be categorized as one of the advanced stages of the disease.
The symptoms vary drastically depending on the size of cancer and the location in the large intestine. It is advisable to consult an oncologist if the symptoms mentioned above persist and it is also mandatory to have regularized screening after the age of 50.
There are also certain important factors that have to be looked that may increase the risk of colon cancer. These include:
- Old age: It usually affects people more than the age of 50. Chances of it occurring in young people are very minimal.
- Inflammation of the intestine: Chronic inflammatory diseases of the intestine such as ulcerative colitis and Crohn's disease can increase the risk of colon cancer.
- Genetics: Chances are that the genes could be passed on through the generation and family; thereby enhancing the likelihood of colorectal cancer.
- Diet: Fatty foods and foods that are low in fiber content can be one of the causes of colon cancer. People who are overweight and obese also increase their risk drastically.
- Smoking and alcohol: Smoking and drinking in excess levels increase the chances of getting colon cancer. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an oncologist.