Lybrate.com has top trusted Gynaecologists from across India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 26 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Pune and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. SuhasiniYour feedback matters!
I am 20 years and had sex with my bf. He used condom but my period is missed 15 days and still no sign of pregnancy but worried. And how much more time can it take to start of periods and can I be pregnant also it has been 32 days since we had sex.
I have pcod problem nd diabetic nd last two months I will not come in period please give me advise now I will started this tablets narmoz 0z ovares_sr regestrone?5mg
As I was bleeding for 4 weeks after taking the abortion pill. So I had consulted a doctor for d&c procedure, and I am going to do this procedure on 5 Jan, but its after 28 days m doing the procedure, just want to ask that there is chances of getting pregnant after in future again. Is there any complications in normal pregnancy. Does I get pregnant when I want to?
My wife is 40 years old. She was using thyrox 50mg in beginning period after TSH test and due to dullness her TSH is high and due to doctor's advice she has began100mg last 7 years. But one month before she had tested her TSH in thyrocare her TSH is nil. Without any consultant she had left medicine. But now she is suffering with many problem like low blood pressure, weakness, peevishly etc. So please give me advice what can I do?
The cancer of the ovaries is known as ovarian cancer. In women there are two ovaries present on each side of the uterus. These ovaries are as big as an almond in size and produce egg also known as ova. They also secrete the hormones progesterone and estrogen.
Ovarian cancer goes undetected until it spreads to the abdomen and pelvis. When detected at this stage then it might be fatal and the treatment gets difficult. An early stage ovarian cancer where the cancer is restricted in the ovaries is much easier to treat with high success rates.
Risk Factors of Ovarian Cancer :
- Age - With increasing age the risk of ovarian cancer is higher and is more common in women who are 60 and above. It is less common in women below 40 years of age and develops often after menopause.Obesity Women who have a body mass index of 30 are at a risk of developing ovarian cancer.
- History of Reproduction - It is believed that women who conceive before 26 and carry the full term have a lower risk of ovarian cancer. However, the risk is higher in those women who get pregnant after 35 or who do not have a full term pregnancy. Also, breastfeeding the baby lowers the risk.
- Gene Mutation - Inherited gene mutation causes some percentage of ovarian cancer. These genes are called breast cancer genes 1 and 2 (BRCA1 and BRCA2). These were initially found in cases with breast cancer but also pose great risk for ovarian cancer. Also, gene mutation leading to Lynch syndrome plays an important role in increasing the risk of ovarian cancer.
- Family History - If a woman's mother, sister or daughter is suffering from ovarian cancer then she is at a higher risk of developing the same. The risk also increases if someone from the father&amp;#x2019;s side also has ovarian cancer.
- Fertility Drugs - Drugs like clomiphene citrate, if used for more than a year can increase the risk of the cancer. The risk is even higher if a woman taking the drug does not get pregnant.
- Hormone Therapy and Estrogen Therapy - Long term use and large doses of estrogen can cause an increased risk. However, if estrogen is used in combination with progesterone then the risk is less.
- Age of menstruation and menopause - If menstruation starts before 12 and menopause occurs before 52 then there is a higher risk of getting the cancer.
- Diet - A low fat vegetarian diet has less risk of the disease. Fresh fruit and vegetables should be included in diet along with pulses, rice, pasta, beans, cereals and breads.
Can I eat cheese during pregnancy. please tell me which food eat and avoid .it's my first pregnancy.
I was check on day 14 my egg was not ruptured on day 15 (13 Nov) at 12: 30 two egg ruptured and I did iui on 3 pm can any chances of pregnancy it's my second try of iui and my husband motile sperm is 160 million what is the chances and I also have cold for some days I will take any medicine or not they told me I have infection of white discharge but in ovulation white discharge is normal what is the chances of pregnancy and when the symptoms see. because my Dr. refer in future reference had test. I don't want to do.
I am 31 and I had one miscarriage and one abortion 1 and half years back. And Am hypothyroid patient but am very thin. Now am finding difficult to conceive. Doctor gave injection for ovulation but still m not able to conceive Pls suggest as I want to conceive naturally.
What to do a 19 or 20 year girl to be fit and fine And what should be her proper weight.Please tell.
I'm having excruciating pain in the left abdominal area from 4.30 pm. My menstruation started today at 3 AM. I generally have cramps during this time every month but today's pain was surprisingly acute. Please suggest.
A healthy and physically fit body is a prerequisite of a happy life, thus it is important that we prevent our body from STDs. STDs are nothing, but those diseases that are usually invited by sexual intimacy or intercourse. Some of these diseases are even life threatening at times, and if you want to prevent them, then you have to adopt a few preventive measures.
Best preventive measures for preventing STDs:
- Using latex condoms: Latex condoms need to be used during sex every time, and these condoms are the safest of all condom varieties available in the market. Both pregnancy and STDs can be easily and efficiently prevented by means of these condoms, and this is the reason everybody is using the same. But you should have the knowledge of correct usage of these condoms.
- Keeping intimate areas clean: Do not ever forget to wash your genitals after or before making intercourse with your partner and this is needed for preventing sexual diseases. Sometimes, excessive lubrication during sexual intercourse brings infectious diseases and thus, your genitals get exposed to sexual diseases.
- Stop sharing items: Sharing undergarments or towels with your friends or close mates can be very much dangerous as you might develop STDs. Even if you have allowed somebody using these personal items of yours, you have to wash them carefully before using the same.
- Avoid multiple sex partners: Both the sex partners should be loyal to each other and should not make sex with multiple partners as that will invite STDs. Having sex with more than one partner can be quite dangerous as a result of which your genital organs get infected and this infection later on turns into serious sexual diseases that cannot be easily treated.
- Avoiding unhealthy lifestyle: If you are exposed to excessive smoking, drugs and alcohol, then you might develop different kinds of STDs. Therefore, you are highly recommended to lead a completely healthy lifestyle so that a healthy sexual life can be enjoyed. You will never be able to have safe sex if you are so very addicted to alcohol, smoking and drugs.
- Have vaccination: Vaccination is now considered as one of the safest methods for preventing STDs. HPV vaccines are the popular, and the most recommended ones and thus, teenagers can take them before getting sexually active. Hepatitis-B vaccinations are also required for getting increased protection against serious sexual diseases, especially AIDS and others. HIV testing is also very much essential in this regard, and you should not avoid the same.
Related Tip: "6 Types of STDs You Need to Be Aware of"