Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Dentists in India. You will find Dentists with more than 38 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dentists online in Pune and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Suhas Wavre
Root Canal Treatment
Teeth Cleaning Procedure
Teeth Whitening Procedure
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Tooth Extraction Procedure
Dental Extractions Procedure
Skin Rash Treatment
Gap Closing (Dental) Treatment
Artificial Teeth Treatment
Treatment of Root Canal Treatment (RCT)
Wisdom Tooth Removal Procedure
Teeth Scaling & Polishing
Braces Treatment for Adults and Teens
Teeth Cleaning (Scaling) Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Suhas WavreYour feedback matters!
I often get ulcers in mouth (Chhala in hindi), like once in every month. And it lasts fr about 10 days. Seems dat it has become chronic in me. Kindly suggest me a solution.
- INTRA ORAL CAMERA.
- This is used to capture images of the teeth, which are then displayed on a large monitor or computer screen.
What is it's purpose?
- Sometimes you think your teeth are perfectly fine, and all you need is a cleaning. But there might be a tooth that is positioned completely behind in the jaw, and decayed and not visible to your eye. Ouch !
- You might be completely unaware that your teeth has turned black due to decay, or has accumulated stains and tartar on the back of tooth surface due to excessive coffee, tea or smoking that requires cleaning, or swelling and pus in the gum, or an fractured cusp.
OH! So what?
- These teeth that are causing hidden troubles are photographed for you using this pen like device and projected on screen ,and the dentist explains to you what exact treatment you need to undergo and why.
Isn't it always good, to be aware of every process that you undergo and understand why you need a particular treatment?
It's proven fact that anxiety decreases when the patient is more mentally prepared for the procedure.
This new technological advancement is patient friendly and highly self explanatory in nature
Doc I want best toothbrush n toothpaste because due to iron in water my teeth become yellow. N some black.
I was done scaling and policing since 19 feb. Doctor give me some medicine like doxt, limcee, rexidin-m forte gel and clohex ads. But problem is lower front two teeth gum was littrely fluchaut up and down. All other gum was all right no any pain in front teeth. So please suggest me how can I fixed the problem. Which kind of toothpaste I use and how treatment was follow. Please suggest me.
Mere do danto se blood nikal raha hai. Pichli bar isi vaja se mera ek dant nikala gaya. Exray me dkha gaya toh mera dant ka jad yani (root) decay hogaya hai aur bahar se decay nahi hai.
Pregnancy is a transformation phase in itself -it brings with it changes to almost all body systems. The oral tissues and the teeth are also affected significantly. Extra precaution is required to maintain regular oral health and avoid severe decay and/or gum disease. If not avoided, the dental infections can cause severe systemic infections and require strong antibiotics, x-rays, minor surgeries, and root canal therapy which may not be safe during pregnancy.
Higher levels of estrogen during pregnancy in the blood lead to a lot of visible changes in the oral cavity - higher incidence of tooth decay, gingival and periodontal inflammation, and even minor benign tumours in some cases. The notorious morning sickness plays havoc with the person's oral hygiene habits, thereby further complicating the situation.
Prior to pregnancy: A pre-pregnancy dental check-up to look for gum health and decay would go a long way in a healthy pregnancy, from the dental point of view at least. A thorough scaling and screening for cavities done before pregnancy can help avoid dental visits during the term, other than for routine checkup.
Pregnancy: If that pre-pregnancy visit could not happen, then visiting your dentist should be one of the first things to do as soon as you have confirmed your pregnancy. At this stage, no dental treatment can be done. Any elective procedures (cosmetic, etc.) will have to be done only after delivery. If the dentist identifies no cause for worry, that is great news. However, if there are any causes for concern, like a decay, the non-invasive treatment should be done at the earliest. When you are pregnant, note the following from a dental point of view:
- Oninvasive treatments like minor fillings can be done
- Regular scaling and polishing is not a problem
- Let the dentist know about all the medications you are taking
- Visit the dentist every 3 to 4 months for a regular check-up
- Follow good oral hygiene practices including, brushing, rinsing, and flossing
- Switch to a bland toothpaste in case of severe morning sickness
- Watch your diet - the teeth forming in the fetus require nutrition through you, so ensure adequate intake of minerals like calcium and potassium
- Avoid sweets and sticky/chewy foods that can lead to plaque formation
Though dental procedures can be done during the 4th to 6th month, they are best avoided, which can be done with better planning and some minimal care.
After delivery: After the delivery of the baby, please visit your dentist to ensure you have again ensured there is no emergent dental condition requiring attention. Resume your regular dental care after delivery.
With a little planning and extra care, dental health can be managed nicely during pregnancy with minimal to no pain. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a dentist.