Lybrate.com has top trusted Gynaecologists from across India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 33 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Pune and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Suhas LondheYour feedback matters!
Can any body suggest what types of fruit my wife can eat as she blessed by a baby girl 11 days before by seizer because many people told me that after seizer fruit not allowed to my wife but she feel very weakness please suggest me suitable fruits for my wife?
She did net get period because we had sex unprotected sex after two days of her period and after 10 mint I give her unwanted 72 now its to get get period but she did not is there any chances to get pregnant.
After a intercourse, is i-pill supportive to not cause pregnancy? will i-pill help? what are other ways to not get pregnancy tests done.
Mam my periods was late for 2 weeks so I took cycloreg tablets after taking that also no periods symptom.
Hello doctors. I am nine week pregnant. L feel my eyes often pains sometimes along with headache. I am suffering from severe backache as well. Please let me know if I am lacking vitamins. Do I need to take any extra intakes of medicines. My food cravings are not allowing me to eat anything except fruits n curd. Lemme know what can I do to help me an my unborn baby's growth & health.
What is meant by d and c is it done to a women who is not pregnant yet. Is it safe are not please reply.
As per test my wife ovary has stuck with vaginal tube for that reason eggs unable to move in fallopian tube, please help me for to get ovary free from vaginally tube and she can get pregnan
Vaginal bleeding stands for blood loss from the vagina (including the vaginal wall) or uterus. Marking the beginning of a new reproductive cycle, normal vaginal bleeding (menstruation) takes place every 21-35 days.
It is regarded abnormal if it takes place
- Outside of your normal menstruation period
- When you’re pregnant
- After menopause
- Menstrual flow is heavier or lighter than normal
Common Causes of Unexpected Vaginal Bleeding:
1. Polycystic Ovary Syndrome (PCOS)
If your body’s hormone production is out of balance, it brings about a disruption in the normal ovulation (monthly discharge of an egg) cycle, causing abnormal vaginal bleeding.
2. Pelvic Inflammatory Disease (PID)
Infection or inflammation of the female reproductive organs namely, uterus, ovaries or fallopian tubes as a result of sexually transmitted bacteria can lead to abnormal bleeding. The problem occurs when the bacterial infection spreads from the vagina into these parts of the reproductive system. More importantly, inflammation of these areas can also bring about vaginal bleeding particularly after sexual intercourse.
3. Intrauterine Device (IUD)
The use of Intrauterine Device (a birth control tool that is inserted into the uterus to prevent future pregnancy) can also cause vaginal bleeding like spotting (light bleeding between periods) or heavy periods.
Any hormonal medications, containing Estrogen or Progesterone (eg: certain birth control pills), when taken irregularly or indiscriminately, may lead to hormonal imbalance, leading to abnormal bleeding.
5. Early Pregnancy
Another very important cause of abnormal bleeding in women of reproductive age group is - Pregnancy. Any abnormal pregnancy or early pregnancy with certain defects, can lead to abnormal bleeding even though you may not yet be aware of the pregnancy. Usually, it is the first condition to be investigated in a woman with abnormal uterine bleeding, in reproductive age group.
Apart from these common causes, abnormal vaginal bleeding can also happen due to:
6. Thyroid Disorders
Changes in your menstrual cycle as a result of the hormonal imbalance brought on by an underactive thyroid gland (hypothyroidism) or an overactive thyroid (hyperthyroidism) can lead to irregular bleeding patterns.
7. Uterine fibroids
Abnormal growths in the uterus or on its surface can lead to unexpected vaginal bleeding (longer or heavier periods and bleeding between periods).
8. Cancer of the reproductive organs
Cancer of the uterus, ovaries, vagina or cervix is also known to be an uncommon cause of abnormal vaginal bleeding. The blood loss can take place after sexual intercourse or between one menstrual cycle and the next.
Hormonal imbalance is very common in women who are about to reach their menopause. The setting of menopause can lead to a variety of symptoms like moodiness and depression to hot flashes, insomnia and vaginal dryness. Homeopathy has remedies which are very helpful in relieving the symptoms of menopause, when chosen for an individual as per their history. Homeopathy stimulates the person's healing response to a certain stimulus, allowing the person to heal on their own.
Here are a few homeopathic remedies:
- Pulsatilla: This is for women who are mild, sensitive and weep very easily during the perimenopause stage. These women might whine when unhappy and are very depressed and sad. The women who need this medication prefer company, companionship and support. She is often uncomfortable and warm in hot rooms especially while experiencing hot flashes. The remedy is helpful in cases of insomnia and empty nest syndrome, a syndrome when children leave home. This often coincides with change in a woman's life. Pulsatilla is very helpful for hormonal imbalance including during the menstrual cycle and peri-menopause phase.
- Cimicifuga: This is recommended for those women who suffer from severe headaches during perimenopause. The headaches are characterized by a pain in the right side of the neck, which often extends to the right shoulder. This remedy is also helpful in women who feel disappointed and trapped in their lives. Some women who have a feeling of being caged and surrounded by dark clouds also benefit from this. It is considered to be a perfect remedy for many women who experience hormonal changes at the menopausal stage of their lives.
- Sepia: This remedy is especially helpful for perimenopause and hormonal imbalances. This is helpful in women who feel exhausted and chilly. Sometimes a woman might develop an aversion to her family members especially the children and does not want to care for them. Sepia is known to help women overcome these feelings, enables them to reestablish stability and balances hormones. Some women also get a feeling that their inside are bearing out and get a sensation that their uterus and vagina might fall. This feeling and sensation is eliminated by sepia. Sepia is also helpful for the host flashes, dryness, vaginal irritation and moodiness during this phase of their life.
- Lachesis: This is indicated in the perimenopausal and menopausal symptoms like the night sweats and hot flashes. This remedy is capable to provide a relief from the occipital headaches associated with the changing hormones. Women who need lachesis might be witty, loquacious, nasty, crib and complain about the body pains which are more significant on the left side, like the left ovary discomfort. This remedy also relieves insomnia and depression related with the hormonal swings. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a homeopathic doctor and ask a free question.