Lybrate.com has top trusted ENT Specialists from across India. You will find ENT Specialists with more than 36 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find ENT Specialists online in Pune and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Cysts Removal Procedure
Treatment of Tonsils (Tonsillitis)
Hearing Aid Fitting
Treatment of Throat and Voice Problems
Earlobe Repair Procedure
Treatment of Sleep Disturbance
Nose Reshaping Procedure
Hearing Testing Techniques
Nasal And Sinus Allergy Care
Cochlear Implant Procedure
Ear Micro Surgery
Treatment Of Hearing Deficiency
Submit a review for Dr. Sudhir HarlikarYour feedback matters!
Is it a myth that one shouldn't use ear buds daily? If yes, then how frequent for people staying in polluted city like Mumbai?
My father had a fall 3 months ago on the road and he had a surface head injury. Immediately I had him hospitalized. CT scan was normal. His BP had dropped but with drip it was back to normal. But he has constantly been reporting Vertigo. We have had multiple sessions with a Neurosurgeon who reported everything normal. What is the next course of action.
50 yrs old my sister has severe nasal allergy in spite of medications. In the morning. Does any matteress available for allergy persons?
. I am 19 Years old. From the today morning the right side of my throat get paining when I wanting to move it. I can not understood what is it. Is it mumps. Please help me. .
Nosebleeds are a common occurrence, and may indicate a severe medical condition. The rupture of the blood vessels within the front and back of the nose can cause such bleeding. These blood vessels are very tender and, thus, bleed easily.
There are two kinds of nose bleeds: namely anterior and posterior nosebleeds.
An anterior nosebleed occurs when the blood vessels at the front of the nose break or rupture, giving rise to bleeding. A posterior nosebleed is when the rupture takes place in a deeper part of the nose. The latter is more dangerous because blood can flow down the back of the throat.
Some of the causes of nose bleeding are:
- Trauma to the face, such as a punch on the face
- Repeated bouts of nose picking or irritation can also cause nosebleed
- Although rare, inability of the blood to clot can also cause the nose to bleed
- High blood pressure can also be a contributing factor
According to some people, cold can cause your nose to bleed. This holds true to an extent. Among the many reasons that can cause the nosebleed, summers serve as one.
This is because:
- Summer months are dry and hot, both of which are bad for your nose. The protective coating of mucus present within the nasal cavity can get dry due to low humidity in the hot months. The loss of the mucus causes your nasal cavity to be prone to dryness, leading to subsequent bleeding.
- The heat also has another damaging effect, as summers tend to intensify allergy, and an allergic reaction can cause nosebleeds.
Washing your nose with cool water and avoiding being subjected to direct sunlight may help to prevent nosebleeds.
Related Tip: Why Nose Bleeding Can Be Serious?