Lybrate.com has top trusted Pediatricians from across India. You will find Pediatricians with more than 42 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pediatricians online in Pune and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Adolescent Problems Treatment
Limping Child Treatment
Management of New Born Care
Treatment of Newborn Jaundice
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Adolescent Disorders Treatment
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Treatment of Childhood Diabetes
Cleft Lip Treatment
Management of Postnatal Care
Child Growth Management
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Management of Childhood Nutrition
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Quad Screening Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. SuchetaYour feedback matters!
I have second baby problem first baby 8 year old also and without any treatment but we have Trying second baby last 4-5year Doctor suggest ivf but I want natural baby.
Fibroids - Symptoms, causes and treatment
My 3 years old son has asthma. What is the effect of using an asthma presenter long term? I heard that using it for years might cause bone shrinkage. Is it true? Are there any vitamins or supplements to help vision?
About Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
Hi, I have a newborn baby boy who is 18 days old. My wife is not breast feeding him, she says that the child remains hungry with her provided feed. Hence, she has been feeding him with some powder milk product. The kid takes the preparation and vomits it for once or twice a day and on his tongue white residues remain. Please advice me what is to be done and how can I clean the residue on the tongue and prevent the vomiting, do I have any other substitutes. Rest there are no issues. Thanks Pawan Soni.
You would have noticed that your child who was so eager to help out and please you earlier is no longer responding to you that way. They must be teenagers! Don't despair.Its natural and healthy for them to break away emotionally from their parents at this age. This will help them to become well adjusted adults. Here's how you can give them their space, yet gently guide them during this phase.
1. Give children some space: Giving them a chance to establish their own identity, giving them more freedom, is essential to help them establish their own place in the world. But it doesn't mean that if your child is moving around with a bad crowd or doing drugs you don't say anything. Let them explore and experiment with things that are not very risky. Eg. Catching a bus, auto. Going out with friends to a mall, going for tuitions on their own etc.
2. Choose your battles wisely: Don't lock your horns with them over cleaning up, sleeping late, coming back 1 hour late etc. Save your enquiry for more serious matters like permanent tattoo, going out late into the night and not keeping you informed, bad company etc.
3. Invite their friends over for a meal: It helps you to see who your child is meeting with and also to send a message that you are not rejecting them outright without any valid reason. Children see it as a mark of respect and fairness when you meet and talk to their friends. Also it helps them to see how their friends talk with you. Outright rejection of friends can bring on huge aggression and antagonism.
4. Decide rules and discipline in advance: If it's a 2 parent family, then it's important for the parents to have their own discussions first and come to a common consensus about what is acceptable and what is not. What will be the consequences of not following through with what was earlier negotiated. Remember that Consequences need to be discussed with your child too and should be fair for him/her.
5. Talk to your teens about the worst case scenario: whether it's taking drugs, pre marital sex, driving rashly or running away.The kid must know the worst that could happen. Let them see movies which showcase this as they get impacted by visuals more than dry conversations.
6. Tell them that you are available: When kids start experimenting and taking risks, they can land up in sticky situations like out of pocket money, a flat tyre, friends not showing up, not getting what they expected to happen. Let them know that you are available no matter what. Give them your confidence and trust. Teach them how to think of options if stuck in a bad spot. Tell them that you will come and pick them up if they can't come back on their own.
7. Keep the communication lines open: Don't instruct or interrogate them. Talk and share with them about your own life. Even a difficult day at work. This teaches them that's it's ok to talk to you even if something has gone wrong. Don't judge them. And if they are not ready to talk just then, then let them know that you can wait and you know how it's like to have a bad day.
8. Let them feel guilty: This is a hard one for some parents who come on too quickly to protect their children from feeling guilty when they have done something wrong. If your child has hurt someone or done something wrong, then it's important that they know how to deal with guilt. It's healthy to have some guilt rather than no remorse or guilt at all. This will help the children to stay within socially acceptable behaviours and norms.
9. Be a Role Model: Your actions are more noticed than your words! Your role will be important in helping them become morally, socially and ethically grounded person. If they have a healthy role model from early childhood, then it's less likely that they will take bad decisions as a rebellious teen.
If you find this useful and want to know more, then click on private chat. Happy Parenting.
My baby is 5 and half months old. She consume only my breastfeed and two spoons of nestum rise. Her weight is also less that is 4, 600 kg. What shall I do to increasing her weight.
My grand son is one year and 4 months old. He has not started uttering words although he blabbers some times. He hears and responds well . He had problem in sucking milk from the beginning. Does it have any relevance? When do children start uttering meaningful words normally. Please advice. Thanks.
Hi. My 2 n half month baby boy having stools with light blood in it. Help me out asap. I have an image of stools but how can I share with dis app I don't know.
Hi I am a first time mother delivered baby girl by cesarean on 25th Dec. She was delivered at 37 weeks bcoz I had PIH n her birth wt was 2.350 kg she was on formula feed for first three days. I have inverted nipples n she is not able to latch on them so I m using nipple shield as well as breast pump and bottle feeding her I try to latch her on my nipples but she keeps crying and then goes to sleep What should I do now.
Hello doc. My son is 9 years old and has cavities in his teeth. Also his teeth are coming haphazzard and yellow in colour. How can we improve his dental conditions. Thanks.
Are there any long-term effects associated with taking ADHD (attention deficit hyperactivity disorder) medications? If so, what are they and what medications are implicated? What exactly is a spine block injection? Will it work long-term for low back pain due to disc problems? What causes Hashimoto's thyroiditis, and what is the best method of treatment? Can iodine help this condition?
Many parents mistakenly assume that baby teeth aren't important because they are eventually replaced by permanent teeth. In fact, early dental decay not only threatens the underlying secondary teeth, it can cause severe toothaches.
As soon as the first tooth comes in, parents should begin practicing preventive dental hygiene. Babies should not be permitted to fall asleep while nursing or sucking a bottle; this allows milk to pool in the mouth, and the sugar[lactose] in it can cause extensive tooth decay.
Offering a little water at the end of a feeding rinses any remaining milk from the baby's mouth. The gums and emerging teeth can be wiped gently with a gauze-wrapped finger.
Sugar is the major cause of childhood tooth decay; avoid offering sugary soft drinks and sweet snacks. A chunk of cheese or a piece of fruit are better alternatives that provide important nutrients without harming the teeth.