Lybrate.com has top trusted Dermatologists from across India. You will find Dermatologists with more than 27 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dermatologists online in Pune and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Subodh Kumar
Laser Hair Removal
Mole Removal Procedure
Skin Care Treatment
Piles Treatment (Non Surgical)
Skin Diseases Treatment
Cysts Removal Procedure
Wart Removal Technique
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Stretch Marks Treatment
Tattoo Removal Procedure
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Corn Removal Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Subodh KumarYour feedback matters!
Sir on my left hand there is scare of cut injury. Suggest me a cream or bleach to remove it I want to join army and it can create problem.
I had been using regain 5% topical solution from past 3 months to treat early male pattern baldness. Will it cause Chronic Kidney Disease or any other life threatening problems in the future?
Within the human body, there are certain parts, which are more prone to stress and friction than others. All joints are susceptible to this, but even within the joints, the knees are even more of a stress point.
The skin on the knees, as well as the bones, the joint and the cartilage, are highly susceptible to wear and tear. Due to frequent rubbing and friction, the skin can be put under much stress and thus, may cause skin conditions as well.
One of the most common skin conditions that many face is the hardening and darkening of the knees.
This may happen due to,
- Continuous friction from clothing
- Playing sports out in the sun where the knees may be exposed
- Excessive keratin on the skin on the knees
- Resting on the knees for long periods of time
- Other physiological conditions that may result in skin pigmentation
There are some quick remedies that can be used to rectify or at least lessen the dark patches on the knees.
- Cleansing or exfoliating - Dead skin cells may build up in layers and cause the darkening of the knees and, thus, it is important to regularly exfoliate or scrub with a gentle soap. In mild cases, this alone can take care of the problems of dark knees.
- Using lemon juice - Applying lemon juice 2 times daily for a few days regularly will reduce the dark areas and lighten the skin.
- Moisturizing the skin - Applying a moisturizer regularly on the skin will keep it hydrated and also help in reducing dead skin cells piling up. This will prevent and also lessen the darkening of the skin on the knees.
However, home remedies or treatments may not be the solution in all cases as there may be underlying physical causes, which need to be treated at a deeper level. In such cases, it is prudent to seek dermatological treatment.
Related Tip: 5 Acts That Can Rid You of Dark Circles