Lybrate.com has top trusted Gynaecologists from across India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 43 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Pune and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Endometrial Ablation Procedure
Treatment of Treatment of Breast Cancer
Management of Abortion
Hormonal Replacement Therapy Treatment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
I am 26 year old female, I am having cracked nipples and inflation around the nipples, I am currently feeding my baby. I have used couple of ointments sometimes the cracked nipple cure but again it happens. Please help.
Most of us wake up to a cup of hot coffee every morning. Coffee is like an indispensable part of most of our lives. But, there has been a lot of debate regarding the effect of coffee on human health. While some believe that coffee is a performance booster and prevents against certain diseases, others express doubt on the goodness of caffeine in coffee. Rather, the presence of caffeine keeps a lot of us worried about the adverse effects of coffee.
But, one needs to keep in mind that coffee is a complex beverage. It has both its pros and cons. One needs to know all about coffee before ordering the second cup for himself or herself. Reasons for having that second cup of coffee:
- Coffee activates your system: It contains caffeine that increases the level of adrenaline hormone in your body. This hormone is responsible for getting you ready for fighting against odds or physical tasks.
- Coffee checks your body weight: It contains minerals like magnesium and potassium. These minerals maintain the insulin level in your body. Therefore, by drinking coffee, your appetite for quick snacks gets killed. However, the sugar levels stay intact. It also burns fat.
- Protection against cancer: A recent study claimed that coffee can provide protection against cancer. It is said to have the potential to reduce the chances of having prostate cancer in men and endometrial cancer in women.
- Guard against other serious diseases: Coffee is believed to provide prevention against some serious diseases Type II diabetes, Parkinson’s disease, Alzheimer disease and stroke. It contains antioxidants that boost body’s immune system. Caffeine can lower one’s sensitivity towards insulin and provides impairment to glucose tolerance, reducing chances of developing Type II diabetes.
Reasons for not having that second cup of coffee:
- Toxic: Coffee has the possibility of being toxic. It can be adulterate with a lot of harmful impurities. The cheaper and poor quality coffee can prove to be highly toxic sometimes.
- Don’t overdrink: Coffee can prove very harmful and even lethal, if taken in larger quantities. It has the potential to kill an individual, if 80-100 cups are consumed in a shorter session.
- It gives sleeplessness: Coffee can turn you into an insomniac, if consumed in larger amounts.
Nothing is good, if overdone or overused. The same goes for coffee as well. It is good for your health if taken in small amounts at measured intervals. You can definitely order the second cup of coffee for yourself, provided you keep a check on the number of cups you have consumed in the entire day. A sensible individual will drink less, but drink regularly to get blessed with the goodness of coffee beans. An irresponsible drinker will just get addicted to see the worst in future. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor and ask a free question.
She suffering from irregularities in monthly periods. From last 6 years. In that period of time she takes ayurvedic medicine for cure the problem. And it works but from last year she again suffered such problem. What would be reason?
I m 25 years old n newly married I just wanted to ask that I am having my periods twice within 8 days after completing my regular periods what is the reason please tell me.
I have pain in my right breast after period it's little nd 10/12 days before of period feeling pain little much. Whats the reason behind this pain is it normal?
With technology at your fingertips, it is hard to think of times when the existence of laptops and television sets was unimaginable. Technology is common enough to be taken for granted in present times. TV and laptops are especially in widespread use. The primary reason could be entertainment, an urge to connect to the larger world, or the need to kill time. Such dependability leads to severe health hazards. Read on to find out more:
Effects of TV and laptops on your health:
- Sleep deprivation: Long hours of exposure to artificial light can lead to sleep deprivation.
- It can also lead to serious vision problems: Watching TV or using laptops for long hours can make your eyes vulnerable to constant glare. You fail to realize, but changing lights of a computer screen or of a television set in a dark room can be extremely strenuous for your eyes to adjust. Constantly changing lights can lead to glaucoma. However, dry and itchy eyes, headaches and poor vision are the commonly noticed effects.
- It causes obesity in children and adults: Since all your work can be done on the internet, you tend to become lethargic. You are too lazy to go to the market or to the bank. Even if you are not watching you use the television for background music. Adults therefore do not make qualitative use of their free time. Children are addicted to playing games and browsing sites on the laptop. They hardly indulge in outdoor games. This leads to obesity in adults and children all the same.
- Propels your desire to eat fast food or packaged food: Binge eating is a very common practice while watching TV or using laptops. Chips, pizzas, burgers, ice- creams, cold drinks and absolutely anything junk devoid of nutritional value are more liked by us. Junk food not only leads to weight gain but is also detrimental to our digestive system.
- Can increase the risk of infertility in men: Laptops heat up when used for a long span of time. This heat can increase scrotum temperature which results in reduced sperm production, leading to infertility.
As is said, nothing in excess is good for your health. It is therefore, best to make controlled use of TV and laptops to avoid its harmful effects.
I have problem Regarding my periods which never comes regularly. Sometimes it skips also. And there is a lot of pain I suffer with. What should I do?
I was having irregular periods before 4 months and when I met Dr. she told its pcos. I took medicine for that. Now everything is ok, but I have facial hair growth which I do not like. We are also planning for 1st baby. I am not pregnant yet. Pls advise some home remedies to remove hair permanently and also advise if I proceed for lacer removal will it effect me in having baby?
My son is very fond of beer and taking it for d last 10 years now he is having d shortness of breath problem and sometimes heart burn r zerd issues so he reduced smoking n drinking but still he takes 4 bottles beer 2 times a week he is around 30 years aged .my question is is it d acceptable range to take quantity? Pls reply me.
I am a female 21 years old My periods were regular but this month it's been a week and it still didn't come. I am not sexually active what reasons could be cause for delay apart pregnancy because I am not at al sexually active.
HI my name is renuka. My marriage life has completed 2 and half years. My husband smokes and drinks a lot. In a day he smokes at least 5 cigarettes .he has sex feeling very low. I dnt knw what is the reason .also he is over weight. Still I did not get pregnancy .he does not come to me if I go also he does not respond anything. May I know what would be the reason for this .
Cultures all across the world have their typical ways of dealing with sexuality and while all cultures bring something good, they also have their bad quirks as well. While India gave the world Kama Sutra, it also perpetuates sexual conditions such as the Dhat syndrome due to certain long held beliefs. These cause many problems among men and women and in the context of modern medicine, should be treated as a psychological problem.
What is Dhat Syndrome?
Dhat syndrome is the fear that a man is losing his semen without any control over it. Men afflicted by Dhat syndrome often complain that they are losing semen involuntarily, and thus feeling fatigued all the time. Some of the other complaints and symptoms associated with Dhat syndrome can be categorized as follows:
- Suffering from premature ejaculation
- Impotence or erectile dysfunction bought on by a psychological fear of losing semen
- Fear that the person is losing semen through urine
- Person feels guilty or embarrassed about masturbation or sex
- Has anxiety disorders which can affect daily functioning
The causes for Dhat Syndrome:
This is a psychological issue caused primarily by social taboos and deeply ingrained beliefs which stem from religious doctrine or social stigma. For example, semen is considered to be a vital fluid and an integral part of life force. The belief is formed from an old Hindu spiritual belief that semen is very hard for the body to produce. This is ingrained into some boys who then feel guilty at accidental discharges such as nightfall or ejaculation through masturbation.
Diagnosis by Doctors:
Most doctors classify this as a psychological disorder as there are many other forms with slight variations of this present in many other cultures. Some examples of these are:
- Jiryan primarily in South East Asia
- Shen-k'uei in China
- Prameha in Srilanka
This is also commonly known as semen loss anxiety and is seen in certain western cultures too. The notion that holding onto semen is valuable for a man's vitality is not only a wrong notion but it stops the men from having a normal sex life. Even masturbation can make them feel guilty.
The only treatment options that are effective against this condition are cognitive behavioral therapies which use psychological intervention along with social exercises. This and being informed about your body from proper medical sources will help you release the inhibitions and lead a normal sex life.