Lybrate.com has top trusted Gynaecologists from across India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 34 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Pune and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Srivastava PadmaYour feedback matters!
My gf cycle use to start on 25 of every month. After her period got over We had unprotected sex. After a day she took an ipill. 7 days later she got her periods on 11 June. It's 26 July still she didn't had her chums. Is she pregnant? M really worried.
My wife is facing a lot of pain during first 2 or 3 days of her period. She consult to many gyno everyone told it will cure with time. Do I leave this on time or I have to go for some kind of checkup or treatment.
She has conceived last time and had miscarriage after 2 months. Later when tested she had thyroid stimulating hormone. After treatment now she is okay, and taking tablets continuously. After receiving advice, we tried once, and after the normal cycle after 2 days she got her periods. Kindly advise.
Can down syndrome be detected during 9 th week pregnancy scan. My doctor insisted to do it after spending more time during scan.
Hypertension or high blood pressure can be defined as a condition wherein the thrust of the blood against the walls of the arteries is excessively high, thereby, increasing chances of health hazards. The amount of blood that is pumped by the heart and the resistance put up by the arteries usually determine one’s blood pressure count. For instance, if the heart pumps excess amount of blood while the arteries shrink, the blood pressure can soar high. High blood pressure or hypertension may give rise to symptoms such as nosebleeds, short breaths or headaches.
There are two types of hypertension, one is primary and the other is secondary. For essential or primary hypertension, there is no significant reason and the condition slowly develops over years. The secondary one appears all of a sudden as a result of a repressed condition such as thyroid or kidney problems, defective blood vessels and certain medications such as pain-killers, cold relievers, pills for birth control and others.
Other factors responsible for hypertension are:
- As you age it increases
- Family history
- Being obese or overweight
- Being physically inactive
- Consuming too much of sodium or salt in your diet
- Little intake of potassium and Vitamin D in meals
- Being subject to high levels of stress
- Chronic medical disorders such as diabetes
- Excessive alcohol consumption or drug abuse
- Thiazide diuretics can be administered. These help to flush out excess water and sodium from the body in order to reduce excessive volume of blood thrusting against the arteries.
- Beta blockers ease the workload of the heart by opening up the blood vessels.
- Angiotensin-converting enzyme (ACE) inhibitors help inhibit the production of chemicals narrowing the blood vessels.
- Angiotensin II receptor blockers (ARBs) are used to obstruct and curb the action of the chemicals contracting the blood vessels.
- Calcium channel blockers help to loosen the blood vessel muscles
- Renin inhibitors can delay the production of an enzyme called ‘renin’ by the kidneys that increase one’s blood pressure
- One should follow a well-balanced diet that comprises of less salt.
- There is no substitute to regular exercises. Exercising regularly helps one maintain a balanced body weight that further reduces the chances of this condition.
- Abstaining from smoking and limiting alcohol intake helps provide that holistic cover to all the treatment modes mentioned above. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a General Physician.
My gf periods finish 20 then I have sex with my gf on 24 bt my condom broke nd after 2.5 day she take unwanted 72. In empty stomach. After 7 days she feel pain in her overy. The she chek pregnancy through prega news kit after 9 days of sex. The result is negative. Bt she feel so pain in her ovary and some blood type substance came in her overy .can I know she is pregnant or not. I can not afford baby at this tym.
I had sex with my partner and wanted to get conceived. Though we tried for regular 1mnth daily. I am still not getting pregnant.
What precautions and what I have to do before doing yoga for a women we have to apply or something to our face like sunscreen or we have to apply moisturizer or we have to take a food and what times we have to do yoga at mornings I am so confused is stopping yoga can increase weight.
If a person having sex with protection but fear that she must get pregnant also after 30 hrs bleeding started. And if she is given unwanted 72 Is there any chances of getting pregnant? And why bleeding started if cycle have to start after 15 days?
I am pregnant now. But I feel like pricking on my right side lower abdomen. Is that any serious issue? Pls suggest. I ate Mango Is that dangerous?
I had a 4.453 cm functional cyst on my right ovary. And doctor prescribed me novelone 5mg and the cyst is gone now. Now there is some light brown vaginal discharge. I have some warts on my face. I found on internet that these warts are caused by the human papilloma virus which is also the reason for cervical cancer. Help me!
When my period starts my stomach starts paining to much and flow of period is heavy please guide me.
I got married in 2008 having pcos problem from 2009 till now taking metformin 850 sr twice daily in 2012 conceived naturally with help of medicine only but unfortunately had miscarriage in third month pregnancy after that unable to conceive .we tried iui procedure 3 times but failed. My spouse reports are ok. I know I am overweight but despite best efforts unable to loose weight if I do it will bounce back. Is pcos is the only cause of infertility? Now I am worried what to do shd I consider ivf treatment ?which I am not ready for it. Pls advice.
I am 31 years old. I have been married since 5 months. When I have sex with my partner it is always difficult to insert the pennis I feel very dry n painful n I don't feel the semen dropping inside d vagina n after sex d outer part of the vagina pains n has burning sensation please help.
Pregnancy can wreak havoc in your body; be it your hormones overflowing or the constant crying of your newborn that makes you agitated after a point of time. Your baby will probably be your top priority in times like these but maybe, you can put yourself on the list as well once in a while because carrying a human inside isn’t a very easy task.
On the off chance that you suffered a vaginal tear or an episiotomy while delivering, the injury may sting for a couple of weeks. Broad tears may take more time to heal. Meanwhile, you can promote healing by:
- In case of sitting becoming uncomfortable, try sitting on a cushion or cushioned ring.
- Utilize a squeezer-bottle in order to pour lukewarm water over the vulva while you're urinating. Press a cleansed washcloth immovably against the injury when you hunker down for passing stool.
- Cool the injury using an ice compress, or place a cool witch hazel cushion between the wound and a clean sanitary napkin.
- Take stool softeners or analgesics as prescribed by your healthcare provider.
- For treatment of episiotomy wound in 1st week - betadine wash should be used 3-4 times a day.
While you're recovering, anticipate that the uneasiness will gradually reduce. Contact your doctor if the pain increases; the injury gets swollen, hot and excruciating; or if you notice a discharge with pus.
Vaginal discharge (lochia) might be a problem for several weeks post-delivery. Expect a red, overwhelming stream of blood for the initial few days. The release will continuously decrease, getting to be watery and changing from pink or chestnut to yellow and finally white. Contact your doctor if:
- You have substantial vaginal drying
- The discharge has a foul scent
- You have a temperature of 100.4 F (38 C) or more
You may feel contractions for the initial few days post-delivery. These constrictions, which frequently seem like menstrual cramps help in preventing excess bleeding by compressing the vessels. These contractions have a tendency to get more intense with subsequent deliveries. Your healthcare supplier may suggest an OTC pain reliever as well. Contact a healthcare personnel in the event of fever or if the stomach area is tender to your touch. These symptoms and side effects could show a uterine disease.
I have together with my girl friend on 5th December, and it was unprotected, so after that she took an i-pill after 24 hours, and her previous menstrual cycle was started at 29th december. But still now menstrual cycle has not started, so is there any chance of pregnancy?
Here is a list of problems that can arise due to sedentary living.
1) lower back problems - you should always remember to keep your back straight while sitting for long time periods with arms bent at right angles and flat feet. A slouched back can result in herniated lumbar disks and stiff psoas muscles.
2) decreased brain function - sitting at one place for a long time without breaks adversely affects the performance of brain-derived neurotrophic factor (or bdnf), a process which is responsible for the discharge of protective genes and mood-enhancing chemicals by pumping fresh blood and oxygen to the brain. This in turn results in a foggy brain which leads to reduced concentration levels, forgetfulness and confusion.
3) blood clots - it has been proven that sitting at a desk or couch for a long time period can lead to severe deep vein thrombosis (dvt). Obese people are all the more vulnerable to the threatening condition which occurs as a result of reduced blood circulation.
4) chronic organ diseases - a sedentary lifestyle greatly reduces the fat burning capacity of the body and decreases blood flow; heightening the risk of fatty liver disease, high blood pressure, cardiovascular ailments, digestive problems and clogged arteries.
5) misalignment of the skeleton - when you sit at your desk for long hours, your posture is bound to suffer as you tend to slouch with humped shoulders and a craned neck. This eventually leads to permanent misalignment and repetitive stress injuries.
6) muscular degeneration - the less you use your muscles, the faster they degenerate. Sitting around for too long greatly weakens your abdominal muscles, upper and lower spine, neck and shoulders.
If you have any further questions on how you can lead a healthier lifestyle, ask me by clicking on'consult.
From lybrate: if you found this tip useful, please thank the doctor by clicking on the heart icon below. Also, spread good health by sharing this tip with your loved ones over whatsapp, facebook and other media.