Lybrate.com has top trusted General Surgeons from across India. You will find General Surgeons with more than 44 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Surgeons online in Pune and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Kidney Stones Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Corn Removal Procedure
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Varicose Vein Laser Treatment
Hernia Repair Surgery
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Treatment Of Deep Vein Thrombosis - Dvt
Male Breast Reduction Treatment
Prostate Laser Surgery
Gastric Bypass Surgery
Treatment of Bone Marrow Transplantation
Vascular Surgery Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Srikanth WaghYour feedback matters!
Pigmentation of the skin is a medical term, which refers to the phenomena of colouring. Our skin is made up of cells that produce a pigment named melanin. The colour of the skin largely depends on the production of melanin. If more melanin is produced, the skin looks darker and vice-versa. When the melanin producing cells are damaged due to long exposure to sunlight, pregnancy or any other disease, pigmentation of the skin takes place. The skin may get dark entirely or in patches due to pigmentation. In some cases, decolouration takes place or white patches are formed on the skin.
Causes and Types of Pigmentation
The type of skin pigmentation depends on the cause behind it. Here are some of the common causes and types:
- Melanin: The skin colour varies from one person to another due to the presence of a pigment called melanin. It is produced by melanocytes cells in our body. Melanin protects our skin from damage on exposure to sunlight. When we spend long hours under the sun, the melanin production is increased. This gives a tanned look.
- Freckles: These are caused by clusters of melanin. These gets accumulated or concentrated in clusters on being exposed to sunrays.
- Liver Spots/Age Spots: These are also known as solar lentigos. This can be due to ageing or excessive exposure to UV rays.
- Birthmarks: These are referred to the irregular blemish that appears on any part of the body soon after birth or at the time of birth. These are of two types: vascular and pigmented.
- Melasma/Chloasma Faciei: This is usually found in pregnant women. It occurs due to the over-activation of melanocytes as there is a hormonal imbalance.
- Post-inflammatory hyperpigmentation: This refers to inflammation as a result of inflammation caused by trauma.
Treatment: There are several ways to treat skin pigmentation. There are medicines and cosmetics available in the markets, which help in getting rid of the pigmentation. Skin pigmentation can also be tackled by certain home-based remedies. Here are some of these remedies:
- Milk and honey face pack: Milk is known to contain lactic acid. Apply a mixture of milk and honey on the affected part of the skin. This makes the hyperpigmented skin lighter in colour.
- Vegetable juices: Some vegetables like tomatoes, cucumber and potato are effective in getting rid of the skin pigments. Cut slices of these vegetables and rub them over the affected parts. The juices from these vegetables will lighten the pigmented part.
- Avocado magic: It is advisable to peel off an avocado and apply its juice with honey over the affected area.
- Add Vitamin E to your diet: Include foods rich in vitamin E in your meals. It helps in restoring the pigmented skin back to its normal form.
- Face mask: There are several face masks available that can work wonder in curing pigmentation of the skin. You can use face packs containing oatmeal, honey, sandalwood, turmeric powder, raw milk, and orange powder.
- Sun-screen: It is important to guard your skin against the ultraviolet rays. UV rays lead to pigmentation of the skin. So, apply a sunscreen lotion or cream before stepping out of your home.
- Take up some exercise: A key to a healthy skin is a good lifestyle. One must exercise regularly to maintain proper blood circulation throughout the body. Proper flow of blood keeps the skin healthy and free from pigmentation.
- Avoid consumption of alcohol and cigarettes: The consumption of alcohol and cigarettes leads to the generation of toxins in our blood stream. This is harmful to our skin.
- Cocoa butter: It has nourishing and de-tanning effects on the skin. Use a cream that contains cocoa butter extracts on daily basis.
- Oil massage: Certain oils like olive and almond are good for treating damaged skin. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a dermatologist.
I have lump in my breast since start teen age sometimes it gets pain. i am worried about. Please help me.
My face is getting dull day by day, even I am working out daily and using good skin care products. Is it my diet, please suggest a healthy diet, but not that wud put a hole in my pockets.
I am 27 now I want to ask that some time I have pain in my left brest due to a small nods inside it what should I do?
Sir now days I have facing skin problems in all body. My body have dandruff type skin mostly chest and head. I already user of candid tv shampoo since childhood. Please advise me prefer treatment of this disease.
I am 27 year old female. I have 1 year old kid. I was very fair before my pregnancy but my delivery I do not look as I was, its not me. Face is too dull with eye bags.
She had a spot on wrist skin. We tried so many anti-spot cream but could, t get relief. It is 2-3 years old spot. It was from hot oil fall on hand. So tell me any best cream from your skin specialist.
I am 30 years old im suffering from some rashes on my body in last 10 days its forming total body so what can I do.
I am engineer and doing site job. Due to continuously site visits my face and hand skin became very dark. Please give solution to get my natural skin colour.
Acupuncture therapy is a technique for urging the body to advance characteristic mending and enhance work. This is finished by embeddings sanitized, stainless-steel needles (that are as fine as a human hair) into particular focuses situated close or on the surface of the skin which can modify different biochemical and physiological conditions with a specific end goal to treat a wide assortment of ailments.
Customary Chinese Medicine sees a man as a vitality framework in which body and psyche are bound together, each affecting and adjusting the other. Not at all like Western pharmaceutical, which endeavors to disengage and isolate an infection from a man, Chinese Medicine, accentuates a comprehensive approach that treats the entire individual.
Your professional will make a Chinese therapeutic analysis in view of a careful examination and interview. The examination incorporates the evaluation of the beat and tongue. Once a determination is made, your acupuncturist will pick the most fitting needle therapy focuses for treatment.
Qi - The essential establishment for Oriental prescription is that there is an existence vitality coursing through the body which is called "Qi" (articulated chee). This vitality courses through the body on channels known as meridians that associate the greater part of our real organs. As indicated by Chinese medicinal hypothesis, sickness emerges when the repetitive stream of Qi in the meridians winds up plainly uneven or is blocked.
Acupuncture therapy focuses are ranges of assigned electrical affectability that have been appeared to be viable in the treatment of particular medical issues. They have been mapped out by the Chinese over a time of more than 2000 years.
Sadly, there is no conclusive response to this question. The length, number and recurrence of medicines will change from individual to individual contingent upon the conditions being dealt with, your age and wellbeing, and how you react to acupuncture therapy. Acupuncture therapy is a characteristic prescription that is helping your body to roll out improvements. This can be a slow procedure.
A meeting with an accomplished professional about you and your condition will offer the best guide for the length of treatment.
By and large, intense issues require less time and recurrence of treatment. For instance, an intense sprain may require just a single or two medications, though more endless or serious sicknesses may require a few (or a few dozen) medicines.
To what extent will it take for the medicines to work?
A positive reaction to Acupuncture therapy medicines is for the most part observed after the first to fourth treatment. On the off chance that you are being dealt with for a menstrual issue or fruitlessness, give the medications three menstrual cycles for your body to react. You will plan your arrangements further and promote separated after you have accomplished ideal reaction.
How frequently would it be a good idea for me to be dealt with?
Once more, this relies on upon what you are being dealt with for and your professional. It is basic for medications to be booked maybe a couple times each week at the outset to get ideal reaction and after that once every other week. On the off chance that you are not ready to timetable arrangements that much of the time, your acupuncturist may recommend Chinese herbs, dietary changes, activities or weight indicates for you use at home.
Acupuncture therapy is additionally frequently utilized; as a safeguard medication. Many individuals see their acupuncturist just 2-4 times each year for a "tune up" or "adjusting" treatment. This can counteract infection and advance well being, vitality and essentialness.
Can Acupuncture Treat Skin Ailments?
Clear Up Acne
Acupuncture therapy re-balancing impact has a method for quieting breakouts, regardless of whether ceaseless or brought about by month-to-month hormonal vacillations. "We take a gander at skin break out as an impression of interior warmth, and the stomach related framework,"
Light up Dull Skin
Acupuncture therapy can help a dull appearance both straightforwardly—by activating neighborhood mending forms in the face—and by implication, by recalibrating real frameworks. "Essentially by putting a needle in the skin, you're fortifying skin flow, lymphatic waste, and collagen generation ". However, additionally, "bluntness can regularly be an absence of vitality coursing through the body legitimately. We work to raise your vitality and adjust what's happening."
Fix and Tone
Regardless of whether your worry is the gravitational draw on your legs or slack facial skin, a couple needle pricks can firm things up. Acupuncture therapy is "completely stunning for muscle tone and more profound tissue tone in the body," she says. "It will unwind the more profound tissue muscles that are too tight, and fix the ones that are [loose]. It's okay to lift and chiseling the cheeks and jawline, and notwithstanding to lift eyebrows."