Lybrate.com has top trusted Psychiatrists from across India. You will find Psychiatrists with more than 32 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Psychiatrists online in Pune and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment & Management of Stress
Treatment of Mood Disorder
Treatment of Abnormal Behaviour
Anger Management Therapy
Treatment of Behaviour & Thought Problems
Obsessive Compulsive Disorder Treatment
Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
Electroconvulsive Therapy (Ect) Treatment
Critical Care Procedures
Treatment Of Learning Disorders
Management of Emergency Conditions
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Manual Therapy Treatment
Memory Improvement Techniques
Submit a review for Dr. Soumitra PathareYour feedback matters!
hello sir I was tech student .for last two months my mind thinks lots of stupid things like why I'm seeing .why I am speaking. Who iam. What I do. My hearts dose not feel. These type of question my kinds always created. Sir. Now im very irritated .i can not afford any psychiatrist I belongs from middle background please suggest me what I do sir. How I overcome forme these type of questions.
My wife is 32 years old. She has been headache since last two years when she get stress. Two week ago she had been unconscious due to stress. After consult with doctor HIS REPORTS ARE CLEAR (MRI BRAIN AND EEG) NOW she is getting NAPROSYN 250MG TWICE A DAY AND DIVAA OD 250MG ONCE A DAY. And zincovid twice a day. Now sometimes she gets rings for 5 to 10 seconds and feel anxiety some time. What should I do? kindly suggest me.
My father is suffering due to dementia disease. He has addiction in regards to smoking. So, he starts crying at small gaps and demands cigarette. Doctor please advice me any medicine which can help him sleep for few hours during the day. He is diabetic as well as has undergone bypass surgery.
I am 20 years old guy. I am of normal health with no physical issues. I smoke regularly 2 cigarettes. I want to know if its okay or I shud minimise. Its impossible for me to resist.
My question is, I am not able to concentrate on my studies. Sports When I am start studying my mind is going to divert I am going to think other things Now I am going for doing meditation Daily I need any other answers from you.
I got married on 29th jan 2015. My issues are post marriage issues. Problems with in laws. I am telling you the stray from starting. After coming to my in laws home within first 6-7 days I came to know that my sister is law has an love affair with a boy who is from my moherinlaws side relationship. So he is from our relative list. As that time I was new to that home as a newly wed bride I thought these were small. Problems and I stood as a.support to. My whole family. Some time I tried to make understand the situation to my mother in law and some time to my sister in laws. As the boy is our relative in laws are not able accept him as their jamai but my sisterinlaw was stubborn she would marry him only. Everyday fightings quarrels are going on. Everyone forgot that they were my lovely days also after all I am a newly wed bride I also have some dreams . No one think about my feelings . These problems make my husband also quiet nervous as she is his only sister. I was really get pissed off the situation they ruined my all festivals which are celebrated after marriage. The situation of the house was very bad. Then at last when I saw that nothing will change it is going on since one year I warned them that please solve the situation or everything will be finished and I came to my mothers house for 15 days. Then when I returned home back after 15 days I saw the situation is quite developed. mother law accepted my sil's relationship the after that that problem solved. When the situation was bad I sometime given support to my sister in law but in laws does not like that. Now my in laws always give more preference to my sister in law, loves her like I am not there. They doesn't give preference to me. I lost my dignity nothing of mine is not liked my them. Now they had problem with me. Some days earlier I made some complain usually as a family talk of my husband to my mother and father in law. My father in law get angry then in then and came near me to give me a slap. That day was the worse day of my life really I got so hurt like lost everything I skip my dinner that day go on crying the whole night. From that day onwards I stop talking much to them I don't used to get out of my room feel weakness, talk to no one much, not getting interest in any thing now the effect of this is also affecting our husband wife relationship. I did not go for outing with husband he also get disturbed with the situation. please suggest after all this what could a newly wedded girl could do. Someone should understand from the family that she is also new here she has also a heart. I am a working lady my working hours is huge like 10 hours. Waiting for a reply.
My friend has habit of smoking from last 12 years. He used to smoke ocassionlly & regularly in this 12 years. I guess he has smoked more than 2000 cigrrates till now. Now he is worried about his habit and feeling panic about smoking bad effects on his health. So please suggest us which test we can do so he will able to know what impact has happen to his body before he will suffer from cancer or any kind of illness occur by cigrrates. So better he will go through medical test or medical treatments as per your consultation before facing some serious consequences because of cigarettes. Please suggest us is it any way to know the damages has happen to his body because of cigarette. Also suggest him what to do so he will not face some serious consequences like cancer or lungs diseases in future.
I am 5 months pregnent now I am having serious ocd problem minimum in how many weeks can I do my cissor?
Good Afternoon. My one younger brother & one younger sister both are psychiatrist patent since more than 15 years. I am 45 years of age, elder in my family, so due this patents in my family, I didn't get marriage until now. I had been spending my full time on them, I lost everything in life. I got them treated in Vellore Bagayam & Bangalore Nimhans. Still they take medicine but not cure. Do you have any real solution for this? Please reply honestly.
You might think, as a parent, that if you behave strictly then your child will become well-behaved. But research and studies have shown that the opposite happens. Strict parenting leads to children who behave worse than others and they suffer from low self-esteem.
Some other reasons why being strict is harmful:
- Never learning self-regulation: Responsibility and self-discipline have to be learned by the children themselves. When you put harsh limits on them, they never learn self-regulation. If they think the limits don’t sound too harsh, they will learn to accept them. But the limits placed on them should never be controlling. If this happens, children see themselves as being controlled and no one enjoys being controlled.
- Instilling fear: If you are being authoritarian (parenting in which there are high demands and low sympathy) instead of empathetic, then your children will become scared of you. You are instilling the power of fear in them. This triggers a vicious chain of events. When you yell, they will yell as well.
- Anger and depression: Authoritarian parenting often leads to children believing a part of them is unacceptable. They feel that their parents would not understand. It makes them susceptible to anger management issues and depression.
- Blindly obeying those in power: Children raised up in strict households start thinking power is always right. They learn to obey blindly. This makes them vulnerable to peer pressure. They also never learn to take responsibility for their actions.
- Rebelling: Children tend to be angrier and become rebellious when they have strict parents. The need to break free and not conform to the non-empathetic limits that forces them to act out. They might even nurture thoughts about leaving home and running away.
- Lying: Strict parenting creates excellent liars. Children learn to lie when they are in trouble. They think lies will placate their parents and they can get away with anything.
- Damage to parent-child relationship: If you are strict and you don’t change your authoritarian ways, then it damages your relationship with your children. Natural empathy is lacking in strict parents. You don’t understand your child, and your child doesn’t feel like sharing their lives with you. It creates a divide between the parent and child. Children never quite get over this as they grow older. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor and ask a free question.