Lybrate.com has top trusted Gynaecologists from across India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 41 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Pune and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Sonia PowarYour feedback matters!
I have been diagnosed of a cervical fibroid in an ultrasound report. The report states as follows - There is evidence of well defined hypoechoic lesion measuring 38.3 mm × 26.8 mm seen in cervix. The lesion appeared to be connected with endometrium - s/o? Polyp? Cervical Fibroid. I am 32 years of age and married for 4 years and have been suffering excessively high bleeding with huge clots during my periods since last 2-3 years. My periodical cycle is normal and occurs within 25-28 days. However, because of the excessive bleeding I am suffering a lot. My hemoglobin has been extremely low all these years and in my latest report it is 7.2. This has been making me suffer a lot. I would like to know the various options that I may have including surgery, types of surgery and options other than surgery. I would want the fibroid to dissolve naturally, however I am still open to all options. I have never conceived till date and I also have thyroid and I am taking 100 mg of Thyronorm currently. Please advise. Thanks.
I am having Herpes Simplex Virus (HSV) 1+2 IgG result of 28.90. However, I never had a herpes outburst and not facing outburst right now. I am married (never had intercourse without precautions) and now planning for kids. Could you please advice is it transferable to wife or kid? Please advice other important things relating to this.
Having PCOS taking fertility treatment for 1 year. Failed 2 IUI with gonadotrophins and clomid along with progesterone supplements. Have done HSG my tubes are open and semen count is normal too along with other reports. My gynaecologist suggesting hysteroscopy. Shall I undergo it? What are possible advantages and disadvantages of this procedure? What is the cost of hysteroscopy in India bangalore.
I am 20 years old. But I have giddiness some times. I hate food. But I don't know why. What is the reason?
I have white charge from vagina with itching and the discharge is rubbery and lil cream colored with bad smell. When I insert my finger inside vagina very huge amount of substance comes as many times as I insert n took out.
I am 32 year old woman planning to have first baby. I have been suffering from irregular mensuration due to PCOD. So I have been taking Normoz since january 2016. My TSH level was also high (5.66ulU/ml) but is now reduced to (4.00 ulU/ml) after taking thyrox25 since 1st April 2016. So should I continue thyrox 25 and what others precaution and medicine should be followed now for safe pregnancy. My recent Reports (9 june 2016) are as follows TSH- 4.00 ulU/ml FSH = 3.53 mlU/ml LH= 2.75 mlU/ml prolactin = 9.31 ng/ml.
Hello doc im a mother of 9th month old baby last to last month I gt my cycles on 21st n last month it gt on 14th n nw its 29 what shud I do I hd done d test at home as it ws negative nw shud I wait? Pls suggest. Thanks in advance.
I am 38 years lady widow wit 1 daughter I had sex with my cousin who is 25. I had my sex after 8 days of my periods is it safe for me or chance of getting pregnant.
Hello, My sister is 20 years old now and been married for one year, and her menstrual cycle is irregular, i. E; she gets her cycle 2-3 months once every time, and she is not consulting a doctor in spite of telling so many times. What is her chances of getting pregnant?
Im now 7 months pregnant having problem with stomach ache, ultrasound scan and all reports positive, what should I do can I get any answers pls.
I am 5 weeks pregnant with triplets. I heard that triplets will cause premature delivery for babies in 7th month. Is that true? Will they born with less weight? How can I take care of my babies? Im very very hungry always. If I eat more will it effect my babies?
It is supposed to start my period on 5 or 6 of this month but still not started and i got sex last 18 february and i didn' t let the sperm there and it tested two times shows negative. And stilll no period plese help me.
I'm 3 months pregnant and today when I go to bathroom so I see little bit blood came from my Vagina. Dr. sahib I'm so worried don't no what to do please help me.
When it comes to storing foods, we all think that the cooler the temperature it is stored at, longer will be the shelf life. However, what most of us fail to realize is that not all foods need to be stored in a freezer. It can do more harm than good. Read on to know more about foods that just should not be placed in the freezer.
- Potatoes: Given their high water content, storing in a freezer can make them fluffy, bloated and bland, especially if they are put in a freezer after baking. The texture of the potato in the dishes after freezing can also be change.
- Milk: While it is common to stash it away in the fridge, remember not to put it in the freezer. When you thaw it, the milk can separate into pieces (curdling) and not be useful to add in your cereal or for your tea. It is best kept outside in the regular cooling area.
- Eggs: While eggs can be stored in the fridge, there is no need to put the eggs with the shells in the freezer. The water inside can act up and cause the shell to break, leading to attack from bacteria. The eggs could also crack leaving a mess in the freezer. Remove eggs out of the shell, beat up nicely, and store in an airtight container if at all required (learn more about Having Eggs for Breakfast During SUMMERs).
- Milk products: Similar to milk, yoghurt, sour cream and cheese are also best left out of the freezer. The water content will expand and spoil them, leaving behind unhealthy and non-tasty yoghurt or cheese.
- Fried Foods: Be it French fries or mozzarella sticks, leaving them in the freezer can leave them soft and doughy. These are best left out of the freezer in order to retain their crunchy crispiness.
- Water-rich fruits and vegetables: While the fridge helps in keeping the vegetables and fruits fresh, the freezer does not. With water-rich food substances especially cucumber, lettuce and water melon, the water inside can form ice crystals. When removed from the freezer, during thawing, the water oozes out leaving a non-appealing pile of the fruit/vegetable.
- Re-using food items: Be it fruits or vegetables or meat, once thawed to normal temperature, it is best to avoid putting them back in the freezer. Once thawed, they draw a lot more bacteria and germs and are more harmful than the frozen foods. Remove only what is essential for use, thaw it and leave the rest to remain in the freezer.
- Salad greens: Frozen salad greens like spinach and lettuce can lose their crispiness, becoming limp and soft. To retain their freshness, stash them wrapped in a paper bag in the fridge.
Be careful of what you put in the freezer the next time and enjoy a healthy and hearty meal. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult the doctor and ask a free question.