Lybrate.com has top trusted Gynaecologists from across India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 34 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Pune and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Sonia PowarYour feedback matters!
Hii. My name is soniya I am taking norlut N tablets everyday from last 1.5 years and I am not getting my periods because of the tablet. Now I want to conceive. What should I do and what arr the medicines I should eat so that I become pregnant.
Hi. My sister was pregnant now she was 5 months what are the diets to be concentrate in this period wat are all the matters should be do for my sister please concern my question and reply me.
Many heart attack patients are concerned about resuming sexual relations. Some patients worry they are not healthy enough and that sexual activity will put too much strain on the heart or cause another heart attack. Partners of heart attack patients often worry about these issues even more so than the patient. As a result of these concerns, many couples are reluctant to resume sexual activity.
Most patients are safely able to resume sexual relations at some point after a heart attack. The strain on the heart during sexual intercourse is about the same as from walking up two flights of stairs. However, specific recommendations for resuming sexual relations depend on a number of factors, including the severity of the heart attack and the degree of residual heart function. The decision to resume sexual relations should be discussed with a physician.
Some men and women become depressed after a heart attack, which can interfere with sexual drive and performance. In addition, men who are taking beta-blockers may experience erectile dysfunction. Abrupt discontinuation of these medications is dangerous and discontinuation should be discussed with a physician.
Hi. I'm 46 years old working professional. And am going through pre menopause symptoms. Periods are irregular since last 2 years. I have gained 10 KGS weight over last 4 years. I currently weigh 74 kgs and I need advise on diet n weight management.
1 week back I had unprotected sex but sperms did not leak out but I had my white discharge which is thick non sticky white discharge .I thought I was pregnant so I ate many papayas for aborting it now my body temperature increased I want a solution to check whether I am pregnant or not and at the same time I want to lower my body temperature if I am pregnant I want to abort it naturally.
I have sex 15 days before and her expection period was on 4th dec but till now her period is not come. She had not taken any conceptive pills what should we do to avoid or control pregnancy?
Hi am 25 years old. I have a small baby 5 months old. After my cesarean delivery am facing a lot of back pain issues, severely bad. It's been 5 months for surgery now but still facing lower back pain. Any solution..
Hi I'm 20 years old. Few day ago I had sex with prostitute during her menses period, while doing fingering some blood comes on my hand and by the same hand I wore condom due to which some blood get on my tip of penis so it can led hiv or aids. Waiting for reply please answer.
Watermelon the super duper cooler
It is the season of watermelons. They are best during the summer as they are sweet and juicy. As the name says it all watermelon is 92% water and only 8%sugar.
Research shows that watermelon cuts the risk of sun related skin damage by 40%. That's because watermelon is nature's richest source of lycopene, an antioxidant that scavenges the uv-induced free radicals that cause sunburn and wrinkling. Lycopene may also help reduce the risks of cancer and other diseases.
Watermelon can help improve sleep. It is high in vitamin b6 which helps manufacture serotonin and dopamine (mood related chemical) in brain. When levels of serotonin increase at night, the brain is less sensitive to disruptive stimuli (like noise) during sleep.
Watermelons are rich in electrolytes, sodium and potassium which are lost through perspiration. Also its high potassium content helps to control bp.
They are rich in vitamin a, b and c. What's more, they are low in calories and very nutritious.
Hello, just want to know if a girl is getting her periods regularly is that any chances signs even then she'll get her pregnancy chance? I meant is she said that she is pregnant even when she getting her periods regularly?
I had periods on 2nd october nd after approx. 12-14 days. I got sudden bleeding for 2 times at an interval of 3-4 days till 21st of thT month. Nd I had sex after 3 days of the last bleeding. Can you please tell me the expected date of my next periods as it has not occurred yet?
My wife has pregnant 1.5 months complete. What diet can give. Can give khaas khaas & badam ka halwa.
- We indians have a unique love for tea, every person has its own version of tea. Someone wants it strong, some sweet some more milk etc. It is not bad to have tea, tea contain anti oxidants which are very good to take care of fre radicald hence help in delay aging. But remember never take tea first thing in the morning. Try to eat a banana first thing in morning. Banana is a whole food it itself. It provides our body metabolism boost and neccesary nutrients required.
- Green tea should only be consumed post breakfast or lunch. Apple causes gastritis hence an shud never be consumed empty stomach.
Common Cause of Infertility in Females
For pregnancy to occur, every part of the complex human reproduction process has to take place just right. The steps in this process are as follows:
• One of the two ovaries releases a mature egg.
• The egg is picked up by the fallopian tube.
• Sperm swim up the cervix, through the uterus and into the fallopian tube to reach the egg for fertilization.
• The fertilized egg travels down the fallopian tube to the uterus.
• The fertilized egg implants and grows in the uterus.
I want to know what can be the best protein source for vegetarians. I am suffering from pcod and thyroid. Thank you.
My friend is 21 years female and she is having a problem of white discharge for more than 7 years. Will she have any problem in pregnancy?
How does this cyst occurs in ovaries & utreaus is it bcoz we take birth pills. As I was taking pills earlier for safe sex i& I had got cyst in the ovary as it is a simple cyst but when periods comes it starts paining.
Blood in urine, medically known as Hematuria is not usually a cause of concern, but it can translate into an adverse condition if left unevaluated. The kidneys and other structures in the urinary tracts such as urethra (tube connecting the bladder to the outer part of the body); bladder (that stores the urine) and ureters (tube joining the bladder to the kidney) are the sources of blood flow to the urine. Hematuria can be accompanied by symptoms such as discharge of tea-colored, brownish-red or pink colored urine due to the presence of red blood cells, traces of which can only be detected under the microscope.
Underlying causes behind this disorder might be:
- Urinary tract infection is where the bacteria enter the body through the urethra and begin to proliferate in the bladder.
- Kidney infections (pyelonephritis) is when bacteria infiltrate into the kidneys from the bloodstream or travel up from the uterus to the kidneys.
- A kidney or a bladder stone is marked by the minerals in the concentrated urine precipitating out and molding into crystals that deposit on the bladder or kidney walls.
- Enlarged prostate is a condition in which the prostate gland, that is situated just below the bladder surrounding the upper part of the urethra, starts growing as males head towards their middle age.
- Kidney disease such as glomerulonephritis causes swelling of the kidneys, thus disrupting the filtering system.
- Bladder, kidney and prostate cancer are also possible causes.
- Hereditary disorders such as sickle cell anemia (a hereditary disease of the red blood cells in the hemoglobin) can also pose as a cause behind this disorder.
- Kidney injury as a result of heavy blows, accidents or injuries sustained while playing a spot can also contribute to this condition.
- Medications such as penicillin or the anti-cancer drug ‘cyclophosphamide’
- Strenuous physical exercises like intense workout or running may also result in Hematuria.
There is no fixed cure for Hematuria; instead the doctor would work on treating the repressed conditions behind the symptoms, such as prescribing antibiotics to heal the urinary tract infection or a medicine to shrink and normalize the enlarged prostate or administer a shock wave therapy to destroy the kidney or bladder stones. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor and ask a free question.