Lybrate.com has top trusted Oncologists from across India. You will find Oncologists with more than 36 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Oncologists online in Pune and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
How to regrow hair on balded head. I am just 19. please help. Is hair transplantation safe from cancer in india?
Dear Sir/Madam, I want to know about the cancer and how could one avoid from cancer and what is prevention for the cancer?
1. Limit intake of alcohol
2. Avoid smoking.
3. Having diet of fruits and vegetables and nuts
4. Checking your weight
5. Restriction of hormone therapy in postmenopausal women.
I have got typhoid and there is enlargement of lymph nodes measuring 26*17 mm founded in right iliac fossa. Doctor recommended for tb test & ct scan. Is there anything to worry about?
Hi This is to draw your kind attention that I am a lady of 56 years old and was detected with stage 1 TNBC in left side Breast during January, 2014.Immediately thereafter I underwent Breast conservation surgery followed by 8 doses of chemo and 35 rounds of 3D Linac Radiation therapy. The course of treatment was completed in December, 2014. Since then I am under check up of the Oncologist at regular intervals of 03 months. However on completion of the course of treatment as mentioned above, I have developed the problem of lymphedema in my left hand. Of late I am experiencing tremendous pain in the affect arm with high temperature over the affected arm. I shall be highly obliged if you kindly favor me with valuable advice in this regard. Regards Yours faithfully,
What are sytoms of cancer how can it be cured what is the reason behind white scars on the screen and the symptoms of stomachache.
A mammogram is an imaging test where an X-ray is taken to recreate the internal imagery of your breasts. This is a screening test that is widely used to find the earliest signs of cancer. There have been instances where the early signs of cancer have been found up to three years before the actual development of the same. There are a number of benefits and risks in this screening method. So let us find out more about getting a mammogram, and whether or not you should get one.
- Procedure: A special X-ray machine is used for conducting a mammogram. There is a clear plastic plate on which the specialist will place the breast while another plate will press on the breast from above. While both the plates serve to flatten the breast and hold it still, the X-ray will be taken. Some pressure will be felt and the same steps will be repeated so as to get the side view of the breasts. The same procedure will be repeated for the other breast. Meanwhile, once it is done, you will need to wait so that the technician can check for clarity, and whether or not the procedure needs to be done again. The results of this procedure cannot be relayed by the technician, and all the images will be different because all breasts are slightly different from each other.
- Preparation: You will need to remember that the process can be a slightly painful one, especially once the pressure gets applied. Many women complain of discomfort and pain. Yet, this discomfort gets over before you know it. The pressure and pain will depend on the size of your breasts and how much they will have to be pressed in order to get a picture. The skill of the technician will also come into play here. One must remember not to get this procedure done a week or so before or after the menstrual cycle, as the breasts tend to be tender around this time, and the pain will be much more.
- Radiologist: Within a few weeks after the procedure, the radiologist will usually deliver the result. This is the professional who does an accurate reading of the X-ray.
- Normal and Abnormal Readings: If your mammogram result has a normal reading, then you can resort to getting one done every once in a while. But an abnormal reading will require further X-ray and tests so as to be able to tell for sure.
- Why should I get one: If you are over 40 and have a family history of such ailments, then you will have to get a mammogram done regularly. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor and ask a free question.
Hi sir/madam, Can cervical cancer detected by fungus culture test? What is the symptoms and reasons for cervical cancer and at which age cervical cancer can be occur? Please help me out to clear my confusions that I am going through. Thanks and Regards Pallavi K.
I have a swollen lymph node on the right side of my neck from two months it comes with a very bad cold but till now its not gone and I am still having infection in my throat I also done a needle biopsy and everything came back normal but neither the infection nor the enlarged lymph node is gone. What should I do?
My teenage sister want to use nail polish, but I have heard that many nail polishes contain formaldehyde and can cause cancer. Is it safe for my sister to use it?
I am suffering from BP, SUGAR AND PROSTRATE PROBLEM ALONGWITH JOINT PROBLEMS IS THEREBINATION OF SIMPLE medicine SINCE IN allopathy I AM TAKING 10 TABLETS IN A DAY.
How to analyse ultra sound (USG Abdomen) test? What is meant by prostate of 21.1 ML with insignificant residual urine of 20.4 ML. Two freely moving calculi are seen in GB.- Cholelithiasis?
I am having multiple fibroadenoma in both breasts, which were very small" Is this fibroadenoma will become cancerous tumors in the future and is there any diet restrictions to get it reduced. Can you please answer my question.
Dear Doctor, I am 30 years old unmarried girl, doctor advised me do mammogram of both breasts as it was discharging fluid for some time, report is as follows- Few mammary ductules near nipple dilated and measured 2.3 mm in diameter. Axillary lymphadenopathy seen Breast mass at right breast is identified and measured 0.6 cm Breast Microcyst are identified in both breasts. Secretory tissues of both breasts in all quadrant appears normal and comparable to each other Fat lobules well formed and appears normal. No focal lesion seen Rectoareolar region appears normal No abnormal collection or calcification Underlying muscles and ribs appears normal No dilated ductiles are seen impression- Few dilated mammary ductiles seen in both breast. Secretory tissue and fatty tissues of both breast appears normal and comparable. Breast mass at right breast is identified and measured 0.6 cm Underlying muscles appears normal. Axillary lymphadenopathy seen. please advise.
suffering from multiple fibroid in uterus. Before 2 year I was consulted with a doctor then doctor suggest me if you have any problem then operation is a last treatment then live your life. But after 1.5 years I have more bleeding than previous days and again I am consulting with 2 or 3 doctors and suggest operation and they also said we can do biepci also for checking cancer. I want to know how much chances of cancer have in my case.
Flax seeds prevent Breast Cancer
Flaxseeds contain several beneficial plant compounds:
1. Lignans: Lignans are present in almost all plants, acting as both antioxidants and phytoestrogens. Flaxseeds are the richest known dietary source of lignans. These nutrients function as phytoestrogens.
Phytoestrogens are plant compounds that are similar to the female sex hormone estrogen. They have weak estrogenic and antioxidant properties
Lignans are fermented by bacteria in the digestive system and may reduce the growth of several cancers, especially hormone-sensitive cancers such as breast, uterus and prostate cancers.
They have been linked to a decreased risk of heart disease and metabolic syndrome, since they reduce the amount of fat and glucose in the blood.
Phytoestrogens also help lower blood pressure and reduce oxidative stress and inflammation in the arteries.
2. P-Coumaric Acid: This polyphenol is one of the main antioxidants found in flaxseeds.
3. Ferulic Acid: This antioxidant may help to prevent several chronic diseases.
4. Cyanogenic Glycosides: These substances may form compounds called thiocyanates in the body, which can impair thyroid function in some people.
5. Phytosterols: Related to cholesterol,phytosterols are found in the cell membranes of plants. They have been shown to have cholesterol-lowering effects in the body.
Flax Seeds are very easy to incorporate into the diet. Grinding them is the best way to make the most of their health benefits.