Find numerous Ayurvedas in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Ayurvedas with more than 37 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Ayurvedas online in Pune. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Sohan Pathak
Treatment Of Erectile Dysfunction
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Skin Care Treatment
Treatment of Migraine Treatment
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Piles Treatment (Non Surgical)
Sexually Transmitted Disease (Std) Treatment
Cysts Removal Procedure
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Submit a review for Dr. Sohan PathakYour feedback matters!
I am 5'6" tall. Before 20 days my weight was 64 kg. Now it is 61. But I have some white lines due to weight lose on my chest and tummy area. How can I remove these lines.
Sir how to maintain swelling muscles for full day as just after workout and not to shrink. Pls suggest food, tips etc.
I had dengue 15 days ago. Now I am recovering from it. But I still feel weakness and my bp is 150/96. Is it normal? Does bp stay high during weakness?
My Grand Mother died of Cardiac Arrest. Similarly My Father and his younger Brother (my Chacha) died of Cardiac arrest. It appears that we have a family history of Heart / Cardiac Problems. I am scared and quite concerned. Even though I am reasonably healthy (75 Kgs, 5'10" and quite an active life), I want to get completely.
I want to be fat. Bt l hv no interest in eating. Please answer me me medicine so that I feel hungry.
I am having a every back pain from the last few days. I do lot of driving. How can I be safe all the times by doing so.
My mom is getting pains in the joints specially hand n back. Even if she does a little heavy work it's starts paining. Her age is abt 50 yrs. If she is under medications the pain goes away temporarily but as soon as the period for medications is over it start over again. Kindly suggest what need to be done.
Chronic obstructive pulmonary disease or COPD is a group of progressive lung diseases. Emphysema and chronic bronchitis are the most common lung diseases. Emphysema gradually ruins the air sacs in your lungs, which are interfered with exhalation. The inflammation and swelling of airways in the lungs is called bronchitis, which further allows production of mucus, which leads to increased difficulty in breathing.
COPD is a case which makes it harder to breathe. The symptoms like coughing and shortness of breath are light at first. With passage of time, these symptoms worsen and make it increasingly difficult for the patient to breathe.
The patient may experience wheezing and feel heavy on the chest. Some patients suffering from COPD experience flare-ups of severe symptoms or exacerbations.
The main cause of COPD is ciigarette smoking and therefore, people who are used to smoking for a longer time may suffer from this diesease. It is a disease that takes time to build up inside one’s body. COPD can further cause heart problems and worsen respiratory diseases.
Severe symptoms of COPD include:
- Occasional shortness of breath
- Mild and reoccurring cough with mucus
- Constant need to clear your throat
- Noisy breathing
- Frequent cold and cough
- Loss of energy or feeling fatigued
- Swelling of ankles, legs or feet
- Sudden weight loss
Treatment of COPD
The treatment of COPD can ease its symptoms and avoid further complications. To treat COPD, one needs a skillful and experienced pulmonologist and respiratory therapist.
- The medications which are preferred by the doctor are bronchodilators, which soothe the muscles of bronchial tubes, making it easier for the patient to breathe. This medicine is basically taken from inhalers. To reduce the inflammation, Glucocortico steroids are added.
- Oxygen therapy is undertaken to provide oxygen to the patient through an oxygen mask or nasal prongs to ease the breathing process of the patient. A portable unit is advised, if the patient is cured at home.
- Surgery is an option for severe COPD patients, which is undertaken if and only all other medications have already failed to control COPD, which can be the case in emphysema. Bullectomy is a kind of surgery in which the doctors eliminate the large bullae (air sacs) from the lungs. Volume reduction surgery is the last option for the doctor to cure a COPD patient. In this process, the damaged lung tissue is removed. The doctors go for a lung transplant in some rare cases of COPD.
- The treatment for many diseases is a healthy and disciplined lifestyle. One should quit smoking and get the nutrition that their body needs. People should consult a dietician and get a healthy diet plan, and ask a doctor about the extent of exercise they should perform daily. In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!