Lybrate.com has top trusted General Physicians from across India. You will find General Physicians with more than 44 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Physicians online in Pune and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Migraine Treatment
Weight Management Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Prevention of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart At
Hiv Prophylaxis Post Exposure
Viral Fever Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Sohail KhanYour feedback matters!
I have skin problems like itching and rings on my genital area from last 15-20 days. What should I do? please reply as soon as possible.
Hiii doctor I want to ask you a question. My question is what is viral fever and what is the sympomps of viral fever. And how can be protect from them.
I have a white discharge problem? I have pain in my whole body ? Its because of white discharge Age : 32yrs Married 1child
Is erectile dysfunctioning is related with diabetes, if yes what precaution may be taken to have normal sex life.
I am sweating much heavier than others, can't bear direct sunlight, if I go out for any work. Due to sweating, my normal functioning affect a lot. This happen from last 3 year. But in recent period, it increases beyond my bearable limit. Can you explain reason behind this and suggest remedial measures?
What is dorsal slit? Which one is better for penis in case of phimosis, dorsal slit or circumcision?
Thalassemia can be classified into alpha and beta, depending on the globin genes that are affected.
1. Thalassemia Minor - Usually doesn?t have any symptoms, except for minor anaemia.
2. Beta Thalassemia - Has two serious types.
2.A) Thalassemia Major: This type usually happens before a child?s second birthday and requires regular blood transfusions. The condition is life-threatening. Symptoms include anaemia, fussiness, frequent infections, paleness of the skin, poor appetite, enlarged organs and jaundice.
2.B) Thalassemia Intermedia: It is a less severe form and doesn?t require blood transfusions. The symptoms include anemia, jaundice, extremely large spleen and malnourishment.
3. Alpha Thalassemia: Only in rare cases this severe form of Thalassemia may be present. Known as Hydrops Fetalis, this condition usually occurs before birth and children are either stillborn or die soon afterwards.
How to live with Thalassemia:
Take steps to be as healthy as possible. Follow a balanced diet eating plan as per the recommendation of your doctor. Take iron supplement only if prescribed. It is recommended that patients get themselves vaccinated whenever needed, especially if their spleen has been removed. Meanwhile, always be on a lookout for the signs of infections (such as fever) and lower your risk of infections. Thalassemia can spark fear, anxiety, depression and stress. That?s why, doctors recommend that patients receive adequate emotional support.
The treatments depend on the kind of Thalassemia an individual has. Usually, treatment procedures include blood transfusions, bone marrow transplants, removal of spleen or gallbladder specific medications and supplements.
If you have any more questions on this topic, click on consult privately to ask me.
From Lybrate: If you found this tip useful, please thank the doctor by clicking on the heart icon below. Also, spread good health by sharing this tip with your loved ones over WhatsApp, Facebook and other media.
Sir I am diabetic. I have frozen shoulders also I am having vertigo, because of this I am not comfortable with travelling.Advice me. For diabetis I am talking half tables in the morning and in the evening tab - semi reclimate. Along with some aruvedic namely fenguen seeds, alovera juice, amla juice, juice of ash gaurd, bitter gaurd, bottle gaurd.Please suggest
I have a doubt, while the sex how we know that our partner (wife) is satisfied with sex? Please suggest me.
My age is 37 and my wifes age is 26,married on 2007. And having 1 female baby but whenever i want to sex she always avoid or denied i think she has no excitement.
My àge 25 my girlfriend age 18 when we had sex my penis didn't go inside but I tried so many times if she is virgin what to do next.
Sir or madam from 3 days after eating I am stomach heavy please tell me any medicine I will use it, I am feeling stomach bloating.
Our kidneys act as filters which constantly flushes out toxins and excess minerals with water in form of urine. Urine contains lots of minerals which may precipitate and form stones. Urine has lots of pro-precipitating agents and anti-precipitating agents. When their balance disturbs due to some disease, stones start forming. These stones may often lead to abdominal pain which is referred to as renal colic.
What exactly is renal colic?
Renal or ureteric colic is the term used for typical pain in one side of abdomen in flank region starting from back and radiating forward towards lower abdomen up to scrotum. This is usually associated with nausea, vomiting and urinary discomfort. There may be blood in urine.
How kidney stones are related to renal colic?
Kidney stones usually form inside kidney and lies there without causing any pain. But whenever they are dislodged and stuck at mouth of kidney (pelvis) or anywhere in ureter, they block the passage of urine of that kidney. This causes swelling in kidney termed as hydronephrosis. This swelling in kidney causes renal / ureteric colic. This colic is protective phenomenon and tries to push out the stones. Small stones do come out in urine by this natural process. This spontaneous expulsion of small stones is common and many local practitioners used to get credit of it feigning benefit of their medicine. However large stones need some form of intervention to come out. Otherwise, they do harm to kidneys in long term.
Symptoms of kidney stones along with renal /ureteric colic -
- Most stones which are lying in calyces of kidney are asymptomatic
- Nausea & vomiting
- Frequent urinary tract infections
- Fever with chills
- Foul smelling urine
- Hesitency, frequency and burning in urination
- Blood in urine (urine with a reddish, pink or brownish hue)
- Passage of small stones in urine
Treatment of renal colic
Treatment of ureteric/renal stones involves control of symptoms and stone removal.
- Expectant Treatment or Medical Expulsion Therapy: Small stones of less than 4 mm size usually pass on its own and some medicines like alpha-blockers and steroid hasten up their expulsion. Medium size stone (4-6 mm), sometimes passes with aid of these medications. But stones larger than 6 mm usually require intervention.
- Lithotripsy: This method involves breaking of stones by shock waves into small dusty particles which pass through urine on its own. This is usually suitable for stones upto 1.5 cm and lying in kidneys. This is non-operative treatment which can be done on OPD or Daycare basis.
- Ureteroscopy (URS): This method involves entry of very thin semirigid scope through urethra into ureter. Stone is broken by LASER and removed. This involves single day admission and spinal anaesthesia.
- RIRS- Retrograde Intra Renal Surgery: In this method very thin flexible scope in maneuvered through urethra into the upper ureter and pelvi-calyceal system of kidney. Stones in kidney or upper ureter are broken by LASER and removed. This is also done under anaesthesia and requires a day admission.
- Mini- PCNL: This method is suitable for large renal stones. In this technique, a small hole is made into the kidney through back and tiny scope is entered into the kidney. Stones are broken by LASER and removed. This is done under anaesthesia and require two to three days admission. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Urologist.