Lybrate.com has top trusted Psychiatrists from across India. You will find Psychiatrists with more than 34 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Psychiatrists online in Pune and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment & Management of Stress
Treatment of Mood Disorder
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Sex Addiction Counselling
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Anger Management Therapy
Treatment of Behaviour & Thought Problems
Quit Smoking Techniques
Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
Memory Improvement Techniques
Obsessive Compulsive Disorder Treatment
Treatment of Abnormal Behaviour
Psychological Diagnosis (Adult And Child)
Submit a review for Dr. Snehlata PawarYour feedback matters!
Felt tired quickly in moving on stairs or doing small chores. Blood pressure is normal. Anxiety is there. So please provide which medicines to take.Please tell.
The highest and most important level through which the human being functions is the mental level. The mental plane of an individual is that which registers changes in understanding and consciousness, reflecting the true essence of that person. It enables an individual to think, to complete, and to peruse the purpose of life. Disturbance of these functions in turns constitute the symptoms of mental affections, such as:
Anxiety especially unrelated to any identifiable cause
depression, especially when it is followed by withdrawal from people or from usual occupation.
Loss of self-confidence
Unexplainable mood changes
Rudeness or aggression without apparent cause or occasioned by some trivial incident.
The inability to accept responsibilities
Unreasonable feeling of persecution
Physical ailments and complaints for which there are no organic cause
Symptoms of Mental Problems
Loss of concentration
Homeopathic Treatment For Mental Problems
Homeopathic treatment is not only confined to physical health problems but can also be used effectively against mental imbalances. Some doctors have recommended homeopathy over conventional medicines as the latter carry the risk of adverse side effects. Homeopathy can treat various kinds of mental illnesses including but not limited to bipolar disorder, schizophrenia, depression, and general anxiety disorder. Homeopathic treatment also involves intake of lesser quantity of medicine, shorter stay at hospital and laboratory examinations. What’s more, you could also combine homeopathy with conventional forms of medication.
The selection of remedy is based upon the theory of individualization and symptoms similarity by using a holistic approach. This is the only way through which a state of complete health can be regained by removing all the sign and symptoms from which the patient is suffering. The aim of homeopathy is not only to treat mental problems but to address its underlying cause and individual susceptibility. As far as therapeutic medication is concerned, several remedies are available to treat mental problems that can be selected on the basis of cause, sensations and modalities of the complaints. For individualized remedy selection and treatment, the patient should consult a qualified homeopathic doctor in person. There are following remedies which are helpful in the treatment of different mental problems:
Bipolar Disorder- Homeopathic medicine, Belladonna is quite effective against bipolar disorder. This is a condition in which there are symptoms of violent behavior. For example the patient may even strike the person near him for no particular reason. Another symptom for which belladonna works quite well is when the patient indulges in anti-social behavior such as spitting on other people. An alternative medication that is generally prescribed for symptoms like destructive behavior and screaming is Veratrum Album.
Schizophrenia- Hyoscyamus Niger is the recommended homeopathic treatment for a patient who shows symptoms of schizophrenia. The main symptom of schizophrenia is a feeling in which the patient may think that there is a plot against him/her. This feeling may result in the patient avoiding everything offered to him/her, which could potentially include medicine. Another effective homeopathic medicine generally used for treating symptoms of jealousy and suspicion is Lachesis.
Depression- Ignatia Amara has proven to be effective for patients with depression. This homeopathic medicine can treat symptoms such as non-communicative behavior and dull mood along with the inability to enjoy the company of others. Aurum metallicum is typically prescribed if your patients have suicidal tendencies. Carcinosin is generally used to treat chronic and severe forms of depression.
Generalized Anxiety Disorder- If a person tends to feel worried and uneasy constantly for around 6 months or more then he/she may be suffering from generalized anxiety disorder. A medical practitioner could provide an accurate diagnosis. The patient may find difficulty in concentrating and falling asleep. He/she may also get fatigued easily and have frequent urges to urinate. The Homeopathic medicine, Aconitum Napellus is very effective against Generalized Anxiety Disorder wherein the patient may also suffer from frequent panic attacks. Trembling and palpitations resulting from the anxiety can be controlled by the homeopathic medicine Gelsemium Sempervirens. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Homeopath.
Physical intimacy forms a vital part of romantic relationships, marital or otherwise. Going by the general hierarchy of human needs, the drive for sex is one of the basic urges of a human being that needs to be fulfilled before moving on to higher level needs, which include security and companionship.
Sex in a relationship is very important because:
1. It ensures the overall satisfaction of both the individuals in the relationship.
2. It helps in forging a deeper emotional connect with the partner, thereby, establishing trust and understanding.
3. Sexual intimacy helps in establishing a rather firm relationship base, thus facilitating a stronger psychological bond.
4. Sex helps both the partners acknowledge the worth of the relationship, even more. Since, there is more clarity and transparency, sex helps both the partners come absolutely clean in terms of what they want from the relationship.
Foreplay helps in establishing trust in the relationship by letting the partner know that the other wants to stay with him/her and it is not the act of sexual intercourse that is only important. The lack of sex in a romantic relationship reduces the psychological wellbeing of both the partners and their emotional and physical satisfaction and takeaways from the relationship.
It is important to not use sexual act as a weapon or as an answer to disputes. This eventually results in the degradation of the relationship. In most marital or couple counselling sessions, the partners are questioned about their sex life and encouraged to enhance it, but not as a solution to their emotional problems. It is only advised to bring the couple closer. Research suggests that physical intimacy is a close second to emotional intimacy in relationships and they both go hand in hand in bettering the relationship. Needs, both sexual and emotional, require equal fulfilment to ensure a long standing relationship. However, both the types of needs need to be prioritized, and this priority varies among couples and both partners must work towards striking a balance between the two.
Hi I m 21 years old and doing engineering. I m unable to memorize the things for long last. When I sit for study I usually study not more than 2 hours and got headache after that. What should I do to improve my memory.
I smoke 10 cigarette per day. I started smoking at the age of 17. My question is what will that affect to my body. Should it affect other body parts like brain?
Hi I have depression since long time. How to manage it and also have sleep problems at night. So I need solution.
Good morning sir, i smoke & drink alcohol from 2 years. Drinking is some times but smoking is daily 3-4 times how to avoid smoke please reply me.
Are you suffering from stress and sleep disorders (Insomnia)? Are you looking for Ayurvedic remedies for improving your sleep? The principles of Ayurveda state that sufficient sleep along with a proper diet, and wise utilization of energy are important for maintaining good health.
According to ayurveda, the vitiation of the three doshas either taken all together or individually may result in to insomnia. All factors, that are responsible for aggravation of vata and pitta ,along with environmental and dietary factors play an important role in sleep disturbances. High vata type of insomnia is caused by Vaata imbalance or mental stress. People, who toss and turn, unable to fall asleep because their mind is spinning, have this disorder. It results with anxiety, worry, and rushed activity during the day. Where as in pitta imbalance there is intermittent awakening. You may fall asleep quickly but wake up frequently with palpitation, body pains, and emotional disturbances such as fear, anger, and sadness. Another pattern is that you wake up before dawn and find it difficult to go back to sleep.
There are certain health principles and ways that you should follow for improving quality of sleep, getting rid of stress and boosting your body’s immune system. They are as follows:
- Maintain a disciplined sleep schedule- You should be very disciplined regarding your sleep. Try to sleep early which gives you the time to sleep throughout the night. Wake up early the next morning. Your mind is stable, slow and dull from 6pm to 10pm. This is a perfect time for getting good sleep.
- Mindful eating- It is recommended for you to have your dinner early between 6.30 to 7 pm. The digestive fire starts cooling down after the sun sets. You can improve your digestion by eating light, early meals. This is beneficial for your sleep quality. While eating, you should avoid doing other activities such as reading books, watching television, or involving yourself in conversations.
- Oil massage- Oil massage therapy is a primary part of Ayurvedic treatment for stress and sleep disorder. Oil massages on your feet are important for improved sleep. There are nerve endings in your feet, which are nourished because of oil massage. Massaging helps in stress relief, makes you feel relaxed, and improves your blood circulation. As a result of all these, your sleep gets drastically improved. You can choose from several herbal oils for massage.
- Pranayama- Pranayama is considered to be very important for improving sleep disorders and stress. Several rounds of alternate nostril breathing or “naadi shodhana pranayama” should be undertaken on a regular basis. This is effective for the mind, and calms down your nervous system. You are bound to get deeper, and longer sleep of high quality.
- Practice self-compassion- You wellness and health depend considerably on a balance among your mind, body and soul. It is important for you to keep away from negative vibes and always try to be present in a positive environment. You should be mindful over who you talk to right before going to sleep. Ideally, you should switch off your mobile, computer, television, and social media activities, two hours before going to sleep.
- Regular exercise- Regular exercise is very important for you to stay healthy and fit physically, which in turn helps you to maintain a healthy state of mind. This is vital for improving sleep disorder and eliminating stress. Keep away from all types of stimulants during the evening so that your sleep is not affected.
Ayurvedic Herbs for Insomnia
The useful herbs for the treatment of insomnia are:-
- Brahmi: It is a powerful brain tonic, which supports and improves all aspects of mental functioning. It is a calming and tranquillising herb. A cup of brahmi tea or powder or any other preparation with brahmi, taken at bedtime, will induce a peaceful sleep and its regular use will help to cure insomnia.
- Vacha: (Acorus calamus) has been used in Ayurvedic medicine for the treatment of various ailments, such as epilepsy, headache,insomnia etc. it can be taken along with Amla, Brahmi powder at bed time.
- Aswagandha: This is an overall tonic for greater vitality and longevity. It enhances coordination between the mind and senses which, according to Ayurveda, is essential for good sleep. The recommended dose is half teaspoonful of powder taken at night along with sugar+ ghee or warm milk.
- Jatamansi: It has been found to increase levels of neurotransmitters like serotonin. It is a sedative, anti-depressant, and anti-epileptic cardio-tonic and is regarded as one of the most effective remedies for neurosis.
- Valerian: Indian valerian, also known as tagar in Hindi, works on the nerve channels by clearing out toxins from the blood, joints, tissues, colon and nerves. Its basic role is to rejuvenate. However, valerian should not be taken on its own. For, it can have a somewhat dulling effect. It is best used as part of some herbal preparation. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an ayurveda.
Hello Mam. 2 days back you had advised me to give my brother Becosules cap for 5 days and SM fibro tab for one month (but instead of SM Fibro I have given him Lycopene cap coz that medicines was not available in the medical shop. N I have said him to do exercise with ice cream sticks n blowing balloons n he is doing everything n now the results are good. Before only 9 sticks used to go in his mouth but today 16 sticks are inserting in his mouth. So I was asking should I continue wit Becosules cap and lycopene cap? N instead of giving lycopene cap should I start giving him SM Fibre Coz may be now it is available. N now he even quit smoking n gutka 10 days has been over he dint evn touched gutka n smoking.
My age is 55 years, many times I made attempts to quit smoking but I failed. Normally I smoke 5 to 6 cigarettes a day. Kindly advise me any medicine to quit.
A cup of coffee or tea is not just enough to keep you alert throughout the day. They might be good for an early morning kick off. But you need a lot more in your diet to increase your concentration power.
Here’s a list of food items that work wonders in gifting you a focused mind:
- Coconut Oil: When it comes to your brain, coconut oil full of benefits, too. Coconut oil works as a natural anti-inflammatory, suppressing cells responsible for inflammation. It can help with memory loss as you age and destroy bad bacteria that hangs out in your gut.
- Dark Chocolate: It has been found that dark chocolate boosts the production of serotonin and endorphin. These are essential for increasing concentration. Dark chocolates are also useful antioxidants and are rich in vitamins, and minerals, including potassium and copper. It is believed by many that regular intake of cocoa improves the blood supply to the brain and thus increases concentration power.
- Blueberries: Are you fond of the tasty blueberries? There’s good news for you then. Blueberries are not just good for taste, they are memory boosters. According to a study published in 2010 in the Journal of Agricultural and Food Chemistry, it has been found that people, who drank blueberry juice daily for two months, ended up having improved memory and concentration power.
- Egg Yolks: Yolks contain large amounts of choline, which helps in fetal brain development for pregnant women. It also breaks down bethane, a chemical that produces hormones related to happiness. That’s right, eggs can make you happy! If you’ve kept away from eating eggs whole because of cholesterol concerns, there’s good news. Studies show that eating eggs had no effect on the cholesterol levels of healthy adults and might, in fact, help raise good cholesterol levels.
- Walnuts: It turns out that eating walnuts can keep you from going nuts. Just munching on a few walnuts a day can improve your cognitive health. Their high levels of antioxidants, vitamins and minerals also improve mental alertness. The vitamin E in the nuts can also help ward off Alzheimer’s.
- Salmon: Believe it or not, but salmon improves your memory and concentration to a great extent. It contains omega-3 fatty acids, which is needed for rebuilding brain cells. Omega-3 is also good for enhancing the synapses in the brain. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a dietitian-nutritionist and ask a free question.
For past one year I am suffering from high b. P. That is sometimes 135 systolic and 90 diastolic. Moreover I have problem with breathing. I have some anxiety attacks as well.
I am suffering from acute back pain and pain in the thigh and left hip for the last two months even after taking all medicine and physiotherapy treatment and homeopathic treatment. I slipped while coming out from a lift in the month of May after I returned after visiting my ailing brother who has been diagnosed with rapidly progressive dementia and his condition is deteriorating day by day. My parents are not alive and he is the only one who can come in high and low times. I become so much depressed after seeing him in such a state. I keep on crying and praying for my brother recovery but Dr. said it is incurable. I don't know what to do. My family and kids are also suffering due to my condition but I am unable to keep control on my emotions. Please guide me what to do. Thanks a lot for your help.
What are mood swings?
There are days when you feel a sudden surge of excitement and days when you find yourself beating the blues and on those days you struggle. You will be surprised to know that even emotional problems have a cure that is natural and without any side effects.
What causes Mood Swings?
Most people know that our brain produces a “good mood” hormone called serotonin. If we do not produce enough of it or it gets broken down too quickly, then a low mood results. Various genetic factors and your surroundings also play a huge role in determining your mood, but the way you perceive things can change your attitude towards them.
- Physical Illness: A physical illness can be followed by depression, esp. those like cancer, AIDS, and heart diseases etc which carry serious implications..
- Result of diseases: Depression or mania could be the presenting feature of cerbrovascular disease, neurological disorders such as multiple sclerosis.
Symptoms of Depression
- Depression of mood is the primary symptom. There may be a diurnal variation of mood, depression being most distressing early in the morning or at the end of the day.
- Loss of pleasure in life (anhedonia)
- Loss of interest in oneself and others
- Low self esteem
- Self blame
- Suicidal thinking
- Feeling of guilt and worthlessness
- Sleep disturbance (initial insomnia, early morning wakening or hypersomnia)
- Poor concentration
How can you treat depression with Homeopathy?
Most treatments comprise of drugs and other anti depressants that take a toll of a person’s mental and physical health because of this various side effects. Therefore treatment like these may not always solve your issue completely, this is when homeopathy comes to your rescue.
Homeopathy offers very good treatment possibilities for depression with good results. There are a large number of medicines which can be used and the selection of medicine depends not just on the symptoms, but also on the cause. Like all psychological disorders, depressive illness also requires good case study and continuous monitoring by a competent homeopath. One should not try any form of self-medication
Some of the commonly indicated medicines are anacardium, arsenic-alb, aurum-met, ignatia, acid-phos, pulsatilla, natrum-mur, sepia, antim-crud, naja, nux-vom, stann, psorinum etc. The selection of medicine varies from case to case. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a homeopath and ask a free question.