Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Dentists in India. You will find Dentists with more than 37 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dentists online in Pune and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Root Canal Treatment
Teeth Cleaning Procedure
Teeth Whitening Procedure
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Tooth Extraction Procedure
Dental Extractions Procedure
Skin Rash Treatment
Gap Closing (Dental) Treatment
Artificial Teeth Treatment
Treatment of Root Canal Treatment (RCT)
Wisdom Tooth Removal Procedure
Teeth Scaling & Polishing
Braces Treatment for Adults and Teens
Teeth Cleaning (Scaling) Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Snehal Mehta MhetreYour feedback matters!
My frnd teeth are going daily yellow colour almost I have tried all the tooth paste can you please help me sir.
I am 49 yr old female. Recently I had my wisdom teeth removed. The doctor had given me painkillers, but it didn't help. Please tell me how should I relieve my pain.
Sir I am 23 years old female. I am feeling too much of sensitivity in my all front four tooth and also in the tooth which are at last. It is very annoying sir. I am already using sensodine toothpaste but there is no relief. please help sir.
Hi, m having since sensitivity problem in my gum. M using cover oil for that. But it's written on the bottle" non medicinal use" Should I continue using it, or discard it? Please help Thank you.
Hello sir I have bleeding in my gums and teeth for 2weeks. Am afraid to visit dental doctor because of pain. Suggest any remedy to decrease pain.
Sir, I have teeth pain from last one month. I used pain killer for this pain. Because of this I can't eat anything. Suggest me a dentist.
Dear Doctor, My mother, aged 50 years is experiencing tooth ache sporadically. Up on consultation, we realized that the lower wisdom tooth grew inclined and impacting the adjacent tooth. It even started causing infection a little in the gums surrounding that tooth. Do you recommend tooth extraction surgery? If yes, will there be any complications post surgery?(she is diagnosed with diabetes a few weeks ago) Where to get the surgery done and what prerequisite care need to be taken to ensure no complications afterwards.
An obvious gap between the teeth may be caused due to a condition known as Diastema. This usually manifests as space between two teeth. This condition is caused due to a mismatch between the size of the bones in the jaw and the size of the teeth. This in turn, gives rise to extra space between the two teeth and may also lead to overcrowding of teeth in the mouth. The space usually occurs when the teeth are too small and the jaw is larger. Also, an oversized tissue known as the labial frenum can cause a gap between two teeth. Let us look at the ways in which this condition can be prevented and treated.
1. Prevention: Not pushing your tongue between the teeth during the teeth growing stage can ensure that this condition does not occur. Children tend to rub their tongue along the jawline when the teeth are growing, whether it is the milk teeth or the permanent ones. This can cause a gap. Also, maintaining good oral health and hygiene can help in preventing this condition. One must brush at least twice a day and floss regularly too, in order to ensure that the gap between the two teeth does not widen.
2. Orthodontic Treatment: Braces are one of the most common ways of fixing this problem. The orthodontic surgeon will usually install these braces, which will remain in the mouth of the patient for a year or more, depending on the severity of the condition. On a monthly basis, the braces will need to be tightened so that the jaw can facilitate the movement of the teeth to close the gap.
3. Tooth Extraction: In many cases, when the braces are installed, the doctor may also have to remove or extract teeth on the sides to make space for the teeth and their movement. This is usually done when there is a related ailment like overcrowding of the teeth.
4. Crowns and other Dental Installations: Crowns, veneers as well as bonding can help in cases where the lateral incisors may be smaller than what is normal. Also, dental implants or a bridge or even a partial denture may be required in cases where extensive dentistry will be called for.
5. Frenectomy: This surgery can help in closing the gap formed by a large labial frenum.
6. Gum Health: In case there is an infection or any other problem in the gums due to implants or braces, the gum health will have to treated and restored first and then the implants or braces can be reinstalled.
One should also wear retainers for a while after the gap has closed so that it does not appear again.