Lybrate.com has top trusted Neurologists from across India. You will find Neurologists with more than 37 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Neurologists online in Pune and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Snehal Gopikar
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Treatment of Nerve And Muscle Disorders
Treatment of Paralysis
Cerebral Palsy Treatment
Brain Tumor Surgery
Electroconvulsive Therapy (Ect) Treatment
Surgery Of The Facial Nerve
Radiofrequency Neurotomy Procedure
Spine Surgery Treatment
Traumatic Brain Injury (Tbi) Treatment
Treatment of Traumatic Brain Injury (Tbi)
Assistive Walking Device Training
Vagus Nerve Stimulation ( Epilepsy )
Submit a review for Dr. Snehal GopikarYour feedback matters!
Migraine is one of the worst forms of headache. It is reported that over 90 percent of people who suffers from a migraine are unable to work. The intense pain totally makes them vulnerable. A mammoth 113 million workdays are wasted globally due to this problem. This being said, if the pain is slowly starting to set in, it is possible to manage it at the workspace.
Here is a convenient guide to do just that:
1. Pain Medication: If you are a migraine patient, it is likely that you have your migraine medication with you. The first step is to try the medication. If on the other hand, the medication is not available basic painkillers can be given a shot to manage the pain. Basic pain medications, such as ibuprofen are easily available over the counter and are capable of providing temporary relief.
2. Educate co-workers: Despite awareness about migraine pain, many organisations continue to turn a deaf ear about the problem. Instead of fighting with the whole organisations, it makes sense to educate your immediate colleague about a migraine. All you require is 1-2 people who have your back.
3. Control the environment: With the onset of the pain, it becomes more and more difficult to resume work. Few environmental changes such as adjusting the monitor to the eye level, using a sachet of odour neutralizer and switching off the nearest light will help you to manage the pain for a few hours.
4. Staying hydrated: Migraine tends to increase multifold if the body is not hydrated. It is, therefore, essential to drink as much water as you can. Apart from water few other drinks such as lime juice and green tea can be of great assistance to hold the pain back for quite some time.
5. Small snacks: Although eating during a migraine can be tough because of the buzzing pain it is a good idea to have small snacks throughout the working hours. An empty stomach creates acidity and further aggravates the pain. Small time snacks such as cookies and chocolate bar can come really handy at this time.
6. Get enough air: A centralised workplace can be claustrophobic and intensify the pain for many. Get out of the workspace to get some fresh air. A sudden gush of oxygen can be a welcome relief from the monotonous and crowded office floor.
7. Apply water on the skull: While this might sound like a crazy idea, applying a small amount of water in the middle of the skull can give temporary relief from the throbbing effect of a migraine. If ice is available in the office pantry, make no hesitation in applying it on the migraine side of the forehead. Ice is capable of spreading a cooling effect throughout the forehead and the skull.
My mother is taking levipil 250 mg thrice a day or eptoin 100 twice a day ecosprin 150/20 one time quton 25 one time in a MRI report it shows chronic hemorrhage with gliosiss she has an seizure 5 months before and 3 months before Another? Medicine is sufficient for her.
I am suffering from anxiety disorder since last one year and taking medication. Now I am relax about problem but sometimes I feel vibration in occipital lobe and feel like that I will fall. What should I do? In 2010 I suffered from typhoid and malaria together and the the first incident of insomnia and anxiety took place.
Migraine is a symptom of stress i. E. Physical and mental. Most of the doctors don't know how to deal with stress. So they advise only rest, or tranquillizers. But these are again temporary measures. What is required is exploration of the patient's history, find out stressors i. E. The causes of stress, provide short term and long term remedial measures to deal with stress, monitor the stress level, modify the treatment from time to time and finally educate the patient how to live a stress free life. When this is done, most of the patients get a permanent cure from migraine. Since most doctors have no time for this, the new branch of medicine i. E. Holistic medicine and lifestyle therapy takes care of such patients. Holistic branch also involves herbal treatment which is a better solution than a chemical one.
Migraine patients also have to understand that there is no simple cure. But if they follow the advise and adjust their lives with new therapeutic advise, surely there is a new hope in their lives. Only you must find a good holistic and lifestyle consultant around.