Lybrate.com has top trusted Psychologists from across India. You will find Psychologists with more than 29 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Psychologists online in Pune and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Snehal Chhajed
Treatment & Management of Stress
Treatment of Mood Disorder
Sex Addiction Counselling
Anger Management Therapy
Treatment of Behaviour & Thought Problems
Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
Obsessive Compulsive Disorder Treatment
Treatment of Drug Abuse and Addiction
Counselling And Stress Management
Treatment of Abnormal Behaviour
Nicotine De-Addiction Treatment
Management of Parenting Issues & Doubts
Submit a review for Dr. Snehal ChhajedYour feedback matters!
I am 25 years old and I have been smoking for past 3 years. I started with 2-3 cigarettes a day then near to a packet. Now I have reduced it to 2-3 again. Is there any way that I can detoxify my body completely and quit smoking?
I live in hostel in Chandigarh. My age is 20 and my weight is 57. Sometimes I got breathing problems. From last 3-4 days I am not able to breath properly. I am able to inhale breath but not properly exhale. Sometime in a day or after one day. My body becomes hot but my hands nd feet are normal. And after sometime my heart beats also become fast and sweating is also there. Nd mind become numb like there is no soul in my body. I become so lazy. On Tuesday same thing happened to me. I went immediately to College's dispensary. I was not able to breath properly. Then doctor in dispensary check my BP. It was normal 122/82 but my pulse rate was 112 at that time. After sometime when my body stops warming up. My body starts shivering. I feel cold. And after sometime it becomes normal. At that time doctor checked my body temperature it was normal 98. No fever nothing. Same yesterday also happened the same. I was in my hostel room. Certainly my ears nd body and face become red nd hot. I put my hands on my heart. It was pumping high heart beats. Then I went to doctor again. He checked my BP it was normal 117/83 and pulse rate was 85. Today I went to dispensary again they checked my BP it was normal 122/87. But my pulse rate was 98. At that time I also feel the body becomes hot. I don't know what is happening with me. On 19th Jan. Consult a doctor. He gave me some test. Next day I went for those test nd reports are: 25-OH Vitamin D (Total): 17.68 nd range is 30-100 units Thyroid Stimulating Hormones (TSH): 1.875 and range is 0.35-5.50 hemoglobin: 12.6gm/dL and range is 12-14 TLC: 6000/cumm Total Cholesterol: 153.30 mg/dL and range is 123-200 Triglycerides: 326.10 mg/dL and range is 50-165 HDL: 49.8 mg/dL and range is 40-79.4 LDL: 129.3 mg/dL and range is 0-129 Total Cholesterol Ratio is 3.1 and Range is 0-4.97 VLDL: 65.2mg/dL and range is 7-35 LDL/HDL cholesterol ratio is 2.6 and range is 0-3.55 What should I do? I am not able breath properly. I am very worried abt my health. Please help me out and tell me abt my short breathing.
Am a 18 year old guy Whenever I see a good looking girl I get aroused immediately Is it a good thing or not?
Owing the prolonged duration of stress, anxiety, grief and conflict; I am inclined towards seeking professional help from some psychotherapist / psychologist so that some strategy be placed in order to alleviate.
Hello Sir, My cousin is addicted to alcohol and he consulted with psychiatrist and prescribed colontril 1 mg at bed time, but he can't quit the alcohol at immediate, is this Clonotril is safe with alcohol?
I am 45 years old and facing problem of less memory. Example;: forget papers and article several times. Please suggest me , I am intersted in furyher phd study. Please advice.
Have you been emotionally invested in a relationship for quite some time? Have you faced continual fights and disagreements with your partner? Have these fights resulted into frustration or have they affected the natural course of your respective lives? If yes, it is time for you to reassess the effort or rather the kind of effort you put in to make things work. Quarrels are an integral part of any healthy and serious relationship. However, an overdose may lead to severed ties. It bruises your memory and leaves you too distraught to engage in an emotional attachment. The kind of mindset a person applies to his or her relationship determines the kind of treatment the person receives in the relationship. Hence, you must be very careful.
A healthier mindset can be adopted in the following ways:
- To complain as least as possible: Keep low expectations from your partner. The most common reason for conflict in relationships is the list of expectations, which when left unfulfilled leads to complaining and nagging. What you do for your partner is what 'you think is the right thing', but your partner may not hold the same perspective.
- Respecting and accepting your partner as he/she is: A package deal, will resolve many issues without debate. When pointed out in subtle ways, your partner will understand and try to change for you , if she/he wishes to.
- Try to have a growth oriented mindset: A growth oriented mindset as opposed to a fixed mindset can always help. When you have a fixed mindset you easily give up on your partner or on the relationship. You tend to feel hopeless about future and associate a lack of growth or change with your partner. A growth- oriented mindset endows you with hope. A situation is perceived as an occurrence in the present that need not necessarily be translated into future. Also, such a mindset expects both parties to accept and encourage change and growth of individuals in the relationship. Anything contrary can make your relationship boring.
- Stop using labels: Labeling is an indecent way of identifying the problem with your partner or with the relationship in general. You should neither brand yourself as something or your partner as something else. Associating critical adjectives with one another is a way of demeaning your lover and can dissuade your partner from communicating his or her viewpoint.
- Look for the trigger: Most quarrels result from a trigger. Trying to pinpoint the trigger with a cool head can actually be of use. This will make partners aware of their faults and instead of dodging the situation they will be able to deal with it better.
- Try to rekindle the spark: Time, overburdening responsibilities or workload can make your relationship a routine affair. An element of secrecy and excitement is important. Therefore, desire should never take a backseat in your relationship. Try to fulfill your partner's desire and let him or her know about your expectations as well.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!