Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Homeopaths in India. You will find Homeopaths with more than 34 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Homeopaths online in Pune and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment Of Erectile Dysfunction
Skin Care Treatment
Treatment of Migraine Treatment
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Weight Management Treatment
Piles Treatment (Non Surgical)
Sexually Transmitted Disease (Std) Treatment
Cysts Removal Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Corn Removal Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Sneha BansodYour feedback matters!
I am of 18 years. I am suffering from headache generally when I get up in morning. And pain occurs on right of head.
A blocked nose is not only annoying, but extremely discomforting. Several reasons can be held responsible for it and common cold is certainly not the only one. Some other reasons include:
Therefore, the remedial measures for blocked nose vary, depending on the cause that led to it. Some of the ways by which you can redress this problem are:
- Use a humidifier: Sinusitis is often held responsible for a clogged nose, a condition that is almost always accompanied by severe pain. In such a situation, placing a humidifier in a room proves to be extremely beneficial. This machine treats blocked nose by converting the water to moisture. This fills up the room and significantly increases the humidity of the room. Therefore, when you breathe, the humid air soothes the inflamed blood vessels in the nose and helps you to breathe properly.
- Take a hot shower: When you find it difficult to breathe, a quick hot shower can go a long way in curing the discomfort. The logic that operates is the steam generated from the hot shower thins the mucus and also considerably reduces the inflammation in the nose, allowing you to breathe normally.
- Drink lots of water: Though the suggestion may seem incredible, drinking water actually helps in unblocking that blocked nose. When you drink a lot of water, the mucus in the nostrils is thinned, at the same time it pushes back the accumulated fluids, thereby curbing the condition of blocked nose.
- Using a saline spray: This is one of the most ancient and trusted ways of treating blocked nose. By administering a saline or a nasal spray, the moisture in your nostrils increases and radically diminishes the inflammation.
- Use warm compresses: Using a warm compress has been the most reliable form of medication in times of high temperature and also at times of blocked nose. The compress that was dipped in hot water, when placed on the nose and forehead helps to unblock the nasal passages. The soothing effect of the warm compresses reduces the inflammation and facilitates the process of breathing.
My lips are becoming dry again and again When I apply lip balm I am not using lip balm too much then also becoming dry Please help.
What is a viral infection?
A viral infection is a disease that can be caused by different kinds of viruses, of which the influenza virus is best known. A viral infection can be in different places in the body, some viruses are mainly in the intestine while others prefer the lungs and airways. With a viral infection, you usually have a fever, but other complaints can range from abdominal pain and diarrhea to coughing and shortness of breath.
What are symptoms of viral infection?
Depending on the virus
Is viral infection serious and should I see a doctor?
Everyone has the flu or a bad cold once in a while, so a viral infection usually isn't serious. Of course it can be very bothersome and, unfortunately, there isn't any properly effective medication to cure a viral infection, antibiotics aren't effective either because those focus on bacteria, not viruses. Though a viral infection usually isn't serious, know when to see a doctor.
Contact a doctor:
Complaints lasting more than 7 days
Fever longer than 5 days
When you become short of breath
Immediately contact a doctor:
With a fever over 106.7 degrees Fahrenheit
With new red spots or a new red rash on the skin
When it hurts to put your chin to your chest, while turning your head doesn't hurt
The symptoms severely worsen
What can I do about viral infection?
Eat light foods (fruit, toast etc.)
Prevent infecting others:
Wash your hands regularly
Don't leave used tissues and handkerchiefs lying around
Don't share cups, plates, cutlery
How does viral infection affect my body?
A viral infection is a common name for several kinds of diseases caused by viruses. What these diseases have in common, aside from viruses, is symptoms like fever and fatigue, which makes you feel miserable.
There are different kinds of viruses; gastro-intestinal-viruses and viruses of the airways are the most important viruses in this case, because they most often cause fever and fatigue. Other viruses cause more local symptoms, like laryngitis, cold sores, and shingles.
Antibiotics don't help when you have a viral infection and a doctor usually shouldn't prescribe an antibiotic because only a small percentage of people with general complaints like fever and fatigue have a bacterial infection. Doctors also shouldn't prescribe antibiotics'just to be sure, because bacteria can get used to the antibiotics and become resistant, so when they're really needed, there's a chance they won't be effective anymore.